The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Are You satsfied with how PvP is performing ? (2018 edition)

Juhasow
Juhasow
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Like the title says. Are You satisfied with state of PvP and the way it is going in 2018 ? Please explain why.
Edited by Juhasow on May 20, 2018 1:19PM

Are You satsfied with how PvP is performing ? (2018 edition) 249 votes

Yes
11%
GilvothWardenCommander.Costantinob14_ESOIruil_ESOGlarinShareetechnohicAhPook_Is_HereNermyZouniEirellagootdudeDefiltedphillyproductbri5BeardimusGrigorijMalahevichThe_ProtagonistthankyouratHorowonnoeAki-Ral 28 votes
No
88%
AlomarCavalryPKLegacyDMchimneyswift_ESOcameron90_ESOMojmirBelegnoleKilandrosRDMyers65b14_ESOSpringt-Über-ZwergeArwautdamtotb16_ESOEtanielBelethornIzanagi.Xiiib16_ESOpmn100b16_ESORikumaruSaturnAltaris16_ESOSqc 221 votes
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    The poll is too simple.
    When forced to choose between a hard "yes" and "no" i have to choose yes, because i am still playing it.

Still needs work tho.
  • Eirella
    Eirella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I have to agree with @Sharee . It's not really a simple yes or no, but I guess for the most part PVP isn't too bad. The classes are pretty fairly balanced, proc sets aren't out of hand like they have been in the past. It certainly isn't perfect (imo), but it's okay.
    (PC/NA) - | @Eirella - formerly @jinxgames | CP 1000+ | Mainly PvPer (EP) | Haxus
    /uninstalled
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Some performance fixes would be nice
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Eirella wrote: »
    I have to agree with @Sharee . It's not really a simple yes or no, but I guess for the most part PVP isn't too bad. The classes are pretty fairly balanced, proc sets aren't out of hand like they have been in the past. It certainly isn't perfect (imo), but it's okay.

Hmm I actually think completly different that class balance sucks and proc sets are out of hand. That is just my opinion though.
  • Eirella
    Eirella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Juhasow wrote: »

Hmm I actually think completly different that class balance sucks and proc sets are out of hand. That is just my opinion though.

Regarding proc sets: compared to how it was in the Dark Brotherhood update (I think that's when it was, anyway xD), I think it's far better now.
    (PC/NA) - | @Eirella - formerly @jinxgames | CP 1000+ | Mainly PvPer (EP) | Haxus
    /uninstalled
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to withold judgement about performance issues until Summerset.
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    Sharee wrote: »
    The poll is too simple.
    When forced to choose between a hard "yes" and "no" i have to choose yes, because i am still playing it.

Still needs work tho.

I'd be playing 5 times more if i was satisfied
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• Starlight_Knight
    Starlight_Knight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    its becoming harder to play with the horrendous lag - and this crazy direction we're heading with class balancing taking away class identity. and i main mag warden ... so i have that to be annoyed about to.
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Server performance still blows. Been like this for years. When it works game is fluid and awesome. Otherwise, it's frustrating as hell.
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
    ¥ampire Lord of the South
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    There's always room for improvement. I'm still experiencing intermittent massive skill delay, failure to fire issues, dodge rolls that don't respect button input, and of course the literally-endless balance struggle. I'm still having fun, mind you, or I would be spending more time playing other games, but yeah we could be doing better.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • GrigorijMalahevich
    GrigorijMalahevich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Remove proc sets or make Viper changes to everything else and we are good.
    PC/EU 800 CP.
    PvP MagSorc.
    Pedro Gonzales - Mag Sorc EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/CB6j6
    Valera Progib - Stam Sorc DC vMA Flawless Conqueror clear https://i.imgur.com/eYgpXG2.png
    Valera Pozhar - Mag DK EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/jrsuK
    Valera Podlechi - Mag Templar AD vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/N0BYq
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I'm not satisfied at all because ZOS has yet to deliver the experience that was sold to us. They have put incredible effort into transforming the PVE side of the game and its supporting business model, but continue to neglect AvA despite telling us how successful ESO is.

Zenimax is a world class publisher with vast resources and ZOS tells us that ESO is an extremely successful product. Therefore they should put forth a much great effort into not only improving AvA, but updating its business model to make it sustainable.
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    LOL, how can pepole vote yes, when cyrodill lags 80% of the majority playimte. rofl.
    @Juhasow Dont bother, the forum is filled with snowflakes.
    PC | EU | AD |Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1700 CP|
    "..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."

• FireCowCommando
    FireCowCommando
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    amir412 wrote: »
    LOL, how can pepole vote yes, when cyrodill lags 80% of the majority playimte. rofl.

ESO is like the Mc Rib, you can love it but its still a questionable piece of meat thats giving you cancer
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No

ESO is like the Mc Rib, you can love it but its still a questionable piece of meat thats giving you cancer

You sir, get an awsome xD
    PC | EU | AD |Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1700 CP|
    "..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."

• Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No

Well I just wanted to see what is people mood currently since similar thread was maded like 9 months ago and in the meantime zenimax promised "improvements" for PvP so I wanna know are people happy with those "improvements".
  • Iskras
    Iskras
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Need rebalance.
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    There was no improvement it just got worse and i mean it.
    When Morrowind was the latest patch there were maybe 3-4 days in a month where the game was so unresponsive, laggy and unplayable that my friends and i had to do something else and even when it was lagging most skills would still fire off, the desyncs were low to non existant and even with lag you wouldn't get one shotted like now because the game didn't fail to register the hits you take and just crumbles them into one big hit deployed when you get stunned
    Since HotR this number increased a lot, in Dragon Bones we had to quit 2-3 times a week and drastically reduce the time we spend in Cyro because Vivec is absolutely unplayable.

Yesterday for example ~19:00 CEST the game started to desync a lot, i got one shotted by 4 sorcs which deal 3k curse (just to show how low damage they did) on my sorc with full health, resto ult and 3 shields up and i mean one shotted, i just died.
    The same thing against other specs happened to both of my friends I've been playing with, you get stunned and instantly die even though you only took weak hits from your enemies.
    Then the skills started to fail to fire or had huge delay, i fought a magsorc with rune cage and i could count from 1-5 from the moment i saw him using it to the moment i got stunned, clench had a 3 seconds delay, shields weren't applied at all, and break free was as unreliable as it hasn't been a long time, it took me 6 seconds to break free from an incap and be able to use skills again.

That's just disgusting and unplayable if the lag is so bad that i can't even use any skills or don't have some sort of control about my characters.
  • ThyIronFist
    ThyIronFist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I only came back cause some of my friends also returned, might as well give Summerset a try but there's been no improvements, 4 year old lag is still there, desyncs, abysmal balance thanks to broken proc sets and PvE weapons and certain classes being absolutely untouchable in Cyrodiil.

Aside form that Cyrodiil is the same old Cyrodiil it was over the past 4 years, zergs back and forth between outposts and the imperial ring keeps. The 3 capturable towns were a step in the right direction to have more open world and/or small-scale PvP in other parts of Cyrodiil but then I remembered ZOS doesn't care about Cyrodiil so the next PvP update will be 10 years away anyways.
    The Elder Zergs Online
    Sainur Ironfist - DK - EU - Ebonheart Pact
    Retired
  • TomLukman
    TomLukman
    ✭✭✭
    No
    - queue for an hour before entering Cyrodiil simulator
    - loading screen simulator
    - lag (blocks skills, skills do no damage/healing, can't see correct position of players or their correct health)
    - blob game play (promoted by poor game design)
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I did not think it can happen but PvP in Summerset seems to be even more broken then in Dragon Bones. I see literally zero improvements for better in performance and balance if anything it's even worse. GG zenimax...
    Edited by Juhasow on May 22, 2018 1:07PM
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Juhasow wrote: »

Regarding proc sets: compared to how it was in the Dark Brotherhood update (I think that's when it was, anyway xD), I think it's far better now.

I dont think so. Proc set meta just shitfed more into magicka side but still exist on stamina side. Lot of builds is just regular tanks who can survive groups of enemies and can still get decent dmg because of things like constant skoria procs or other sets doing the job for them ( I dont want to point mag dk's but it's mainly mag dk's). Master dual wield and master destro staff are very effective proc sets. Caluurion is getting more and more popular with every day and this set can be stronger then viper was at days of it's glory. Fact that now proc sets cant crit changes nothing since back then when they could crit people were sacrificing lot of dmg stats for sustain and survivality and proc sets were doing the job. Right now there is so many things supporting dmg and sustain that people can easily have high survivality , sustain and dmg plus on top of that proc sets. Proc sets are still issue but now uder disguise.

Balance is shitfing more and more into "who have better setup" not "who is more experienced" and lot of builds offer more and more brainless playstyles that doesnt require any skill at all to be effective.

Zerging is out of hand people dont want to leave their spots and groups to do something else somwhere else and they just preffer to stick to the most crowded places and to large groups causing more lag and forcing other people also to zerg completly destroying small scale PvP (battlegrounds are not smallscale PvP it's just PvP matches) and server performance which is even benefit for them since they can not only zerg smaller group with pure numbers adventage but because of their numbers they'll take higher adventage of potato server performance since they'll have more 1 button mashers on their side.
    Edited by Juhasow on May 22, 2018 1:34PM
  • Eduard_Rodric
    Eduard_Rodric
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Need to fix Cyrodiil scores. Its ridiculous need to put some kind of max limit points between aliances.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Just refreshing so more people can see it and maybe vote :trollface:
  • Iskras
    Iskras
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Let me see: bugs, CHEATERS, macrousers, lag?

Of corse not!
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    Iskras wrote: »

Of corse not!

Bugs? Yes
    lags? oh hell yes
    Cheaters? ***
    Macrousers? You met a good player
    Edited by BohnT on May 26, 2018 10:46AM
  • Iskras
    Iskras
    ✭✭✭
    No
    BohnT wrote: »

Of corse not!

Bugs? Yes
    lags? oh hell yes
    Cheaters? ***

I can disagree or this is a offense? Buddy, I am not a advocate of cheaters, much less of those who think that in the game this happens, I have my own opinion, alias, I can have opinions, right? I hope so!

;)
    Edited by Iskras on May 26, 2018 10:48AM
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No

Of corse not!

Bugs? Yes
    lags? oh hell yes
    Cheaters? ***

I can disagree or this is a offense? Buddy, I am not a advocate of cheaters, much less of those who think that in the game this happens, I have my own opinion, alias, I can have opinions, right? I hope so!

;)
    No offence here :)

You can have opinions but you sounded like the typical zergling that followed the jumping sorc and died.
    And people read the forums and see "cheaters" and then assume it's something that actually happens in game
  • Iskras
    Iskras
    ✭✭✭
    No

Of corse not!

Bugs? Yes
    lags? oh hell yes
    Cheaters? ***

;)
    No offence here :)

You can have opinions but you sounded like the typical zergling that followed the jumping sorc and died.
    And people read the forums and see "cheaters" and then assume it's something that actually happens in game

I disagree.
  • Ectheliontnacil
    Ectheliontnacil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    Performance issues are more prominent since Summerset launch. Although you get better fps across the board, there's weird screen freezes and massive fps drops even in a very undemanding environment. One dev even suggested to disable multi core support in the user settings until these issues are resolved.

Also BGs which I thought would become more enjoyable, are imbalanced with certain sets grossly outperforming other stat based ones. Premades are still a thing which sucks. BGs aren't a lot of fun if you just want to queue in there without altering your cp setup and getting a min maxed team.