The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Prepurchasing upgrades & the steam version of ESO

HeroOfNone
HeroOfNone
✭✭✭✭✭
@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Can we prepurchase the summerset isles on the ESO website or Greenmangaming.com and apply them to steam version? I've had giveaway issues with this in the past where the steam version wouldn't accept the code on their ESO acount page. Thank you for your response or anyone else that can confirm the two are working seamlessly at this point.
Herfi Driderkitty of the Aldmeri Dominion
Find me on : Twitch | Youtube | Twitter | Reddit
  • SecretJoy
    SecretJoy
    ✭✭✭
    HeroOfNone wrote: »

Can we prepurchase the summerset isles on the ESO website or Greenmangaming.com and apply them to steam version? I've had giveaway issues with this in the past where the steam version wouldn't accept the code on their ESO acount page. Thank you for your response or anyone else that can confirm the two are working seamlessly at this point.

I believe that if you already use Steam, then you have to purchase any additional chapters through Steam as well.
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SecretJoy wrote: »

I believe that if you already use Steam, then you have to purchase any additional chapters through Steam as well.

Some are saying they got it off GMG and applied it no problem, where I have already given away several codes and heard several say it couldn't be applied through the website. So at this point I'm looking for confirmation from someone.
  • exiars10
    exiars10
    ✭✭✭
    I also read people bought non-Steam version of chapter and activated key on your main ESO account.
    Steam won't see DLC as owned but you'll have it on your account.
    I read on reddit.

I personally only buy on Steam.
    I don't play ESO since 15.06. because Cyrodiil is broken since Summerset (PvE isn't much better, too)...

Aldmeri Dominion (PC Europe via Steam)

The cowardly Wood Elves are best noted for their unwillingness to engage in a face-to-face attack; a Bosmer will strike at you from every side except the front. You won't cross swords with a Bosmer, but you might catch an arrow in the throat. Be wary in forests and jungles, and watch your back.
  • SecretJoy
    SecretJoy
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I've read about enough people having issues with it that I only buy chapters through Steam. Not worth the headache :(

I do wish I had originally bought the game through another source though. Steam has some serious issues sometimes...
  • Megatto
    Megatto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is it that us in Denmark can't purchase the upgrade from the ESO when we can purchase Crown packs from the store??? We are only allowed to pre-purchase the new expansion through the Steam store, why is that?! You know some people don't have ESO on Steam! Please fix this by allowing Denmark and other countries to pre-purchase the expansion from the ESO Store!
    Remove loot boxes or riot
  • Goshua
    Goshua
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can I chime in here.. why does it tell me to see my local retailer to buy the digital upgrade :/
  • SecretJoy
    SecretJoy
    ✭✭✭
    Goshua wrote: »
    Can I chime in here.. why does it tell me to see my local retailer to buy the digital upgrade :/

What country do you reside in? I've heard that some people outside US can't buy the upgrade via the ESO website.
  • Goshua
    Goshua
    ✭✭✭✭
    SecretJoy wrote: »
    Goshua wrote: »

What country do you reside in? I've heard that some people outside US can't buy the upgrade via the ESO website.

All good had to log in and it sends me to right place. still weird that it would say such a thing.

$45 NZD.. going to have to think about that or a bit longer I think. Not really much to go on atm except for the cosmetic stuffs.
  • exiars10
    exiars10
    ✭✭✭
    Megatto wrote: »
    Why is it that us in Denmark can't purchase the upgrade from the ESO when we can purchase Crown packs from the store??? We are only allowed to pre-purchase the new expansion through the Steam store, why is that?! You know some people don't have ESO on Steam! Please fix this by allowing Denmark and other countries to pre-purchase the expansion from the ESO Store!
    What you have typed doesn't have any sense.

If you have bought ESO on Steam, you buy chapter on Steam.
    If you didn't buy ESO on Steam, you can buy chapter (game key) anywhere else.

Don't spread fake news.
    I don't play ESO since 15.06. because Cyrodiil is broken since Summerset (PvE isn't much better, too)...

The cowardly Wood Elves are best noted for their unwillingness to engage in a face-to-face attack; a Bosmer will strike at you from every side except the front. You won't cross swords with a Bosmer, but you might catch an arrow in the throat. Be wary in forests and jungles, and watch your back.
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    exiars10 wrote: »

Don't spread fake news.

I can't speak for the other guy, but I originally bought the game and Morrowind from this site, when I got tired of using MotionInjoy and PS4Windows just to play with a controller on PC, I purchased the Steam version of the game for Big Picture mode and automatic controller detection, when it was on sale. When it asked me which account I wanted to apply to Steam for the auto-login feature(since you're only allowed one), I selected my original account and not the extra one I bought on Steam. So while I am on a Morrowind upgraded account before adding it onto Steam, it doesn't think so and has me labeled as a regular ESO account and has prodded me to upgrade to Morrowind on a few occasions even though I already have it.

After applying to Steam though, I couldn't purchase Summerset via this site like I did for Morrowind, there was some kind of error because my account had changed to a Steam purchased game even though I did not originally buy it from Steam. Because of that, I could only pre-purchase Summerset via Steam which also upgraded my account with Morrowind... that I already have and have been playing since it launched, lol.
  • exiars10
    exiars10
    ✭✭✭
    exiars10 wrote: »

Don't spread fake news.

I can't speak for the other guy, but I originally bought the game and Morrowind from this site, when I got tired of using MotionInjoy and PS4Windows just to play with a controller on PC, I purchased the Steam version of the game for Big Picture mode and automatic controller detection, when it was on sale. When it asked me which account I wanted to apply to Steam for the auto-login feature(since you're only allowed one), I selected my original account and not the extra one I bought on Steam. So while I am on a Morrowind upgraded account before adding it onto Steam, it doesn't think so and has me labeled as a regular ESO account and has prodded me to upgrade to Morrowind on a few occasions even though I already have it.

After applying to Steam though, I couldn't purchase Summerset via this site like I did for Morrowind, there was some kind of error because my account had changed to a Steam purchased game even though I did not originally buy it from Steam. Because of that, I could only pre-purchase Summerset via Steam which also upgraded my account with Morrowind... that I already have and have been playing since it launched, lol.
    That's how things work. You rebought game on Steam and after it you are tied to Steam. It's stated in FAQ.

I already typed that Steam doesn't see chapter if you bought it outside it and it's comletely logical as Valve doesn't have access to Zenimax.

People doesn't know that Valve has only one condition for selling on Steam - you have to offer everything to Steam users to be bought via Steam but Steam users are free to choose where to buy (unless company locks game(s) to Steam only like some publishers do (hi Ubisoft)). That's the reason why there are no newer EA games on Steam, only the old ones as EA tried to redirect Steam users to buy on their own store (effectively bypassing Steam) and Valve banned them after changing agreement.
    And that's the reason why only on Steam you can buy Crown packs and Plus Membership outside ESO (Zenimax) Store. No other authorized ESO seller can do that i.e. you can't buy Plus on for example Humble - only on Steam (for Steam users) or ESO (Zenimax) store for PC.
    Edited by exiars10 on March 22, 2018 9:26AM

• knaveofengland
    knaveofengland
    ✭✭✭
    on steam can buy from anywhere and add the code
  • Eliahnus
    Eliahnus
    ✭✭✭
    [Some are saying they got it off GMG and applied it no problem,

I do not think so, GMG code from purchase still has to be sent out later this day.
  • makreth
    makreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You won't get a pre-purchase code from green man gaming just yet, they still haven't received codes. You will get one closer to the release as the message says.

"If you purchased a game which has not been released yet, we will send you a separate email with your game key closer to the release date and your key will be added to your account at that time. "
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eliahnus wrote: »
    [Some are saying they got it off GMG and applied it no problem,

I do not think so, GMG code from purchase still has to be sent out later this day.
    makreth wrote: »
    You won't get a pre-purchase code from green man gaming just yet, they still haven't received codes. You will get one closer to the release as the message says.

"If you purchased a game which has not been released yet, we will send you a separate email with your game key closer to the release date and your key will be added to your account at that time. "

My comment was based on prior morrowind purchases/giveaway codes from gmg, I didn't mean to make it sound like they were emailing out codes yet.
  • profundidob16_ESO
    profundidob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the summer set upgrade digital options to purchase online (regardless) are dependent on the country/region which makes sense since each need to be cleared etc on a legal level.

Yesterday for instance I could select to purchase online "ESO" when I selected UK region but when I selected another country/region the "ESO" option got replaced with "STEAM"
  • aubrey.baconb16_ESO
    I don't know the precise answer to your question but I can give you my Morrowind experience.

I bought a pre-release copy of ESO in April 2014, at that time it wasn't available on Steam. Some time after it became available on steam I had a steam voucher given to me for a birthday and used that to also buy a steam copy of the game. I kept both versions on the same hard disc, one under steam and the other under the usual ESO folder.

I normally played using the Steam loader but kept the other version up-to-date as well. On rare occasions the steam version failed to load but the other version loaded fine.

When Morrowind came out I pre-ordered the collectors upgrade edition from the ESO store NOT STEAM.

When Morrowind became available it was available on both my steam and not steam loaders.

I believe that is because all copies of the game contain everything and whether you have access depends on your ESO account. I have Morrowind on my ESO account and therefore I have access to it from everywhere no matter which loader I use, Steam or otherwise.

My interpretation may be wrong and I may just be lucky to be able to use Morrowind on both simply because of the way I acquired ESO and Morrowind, however, I plan to use the same method again, and I am hopeful that simply buying the collectors upgrade from ESO will give me access from my Steam account as well.
  • melek-taus
    melek-taus
    ✭✭✭
    Is it in any way possible to buy the summerset upgrade from Steam while using base game and Morriwind from Zenimax. I bought the base game and Morrowind from Zenimax but as I have a lot of Steam cash I want to buy Summerset from Steam instead of Zenimax.
    EU/PC
    Malek Taus - VR16 Khajit Stamina GankKnight -

Will gank for Skooma....
  • exiars10
    exiars10
    ✭✭✭
    No. You have to rebuy ESO on Steam. After you rebuy on Steam you can link your ESO acount with the Steam one.

• aubrey.baconb16_ESO
    I have both an ESO version bought from ZOS and a cheap discounted base version bought from Steam. Both versions are used for the same ESO user account.

Both versions run Summerset although I only paid for the upgrade on my ZOS account. All of the code is downloaded on both versions so you need plenty of disc space but it is the status of your ZOS account which determines what you are allowed to play. All the steam base version does is allow you to run ESO as a steam attached game. To do this, you only need the steam base version not the summerset upgrade.