Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "ESO: Summerset & Update 18 Now Live on PC/Mac"

ZOS_JessicaFolsom
ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Community Manager
36a69aee020e26bb3039bd366308b0d3.jpg

This is the official discussion thread for the "ESO: Summerset & Update 18 Now Live on PC/Mac" blog article.

Explore the home of the High Elves in The Elder Scrolls Online: Summerset, the latest Chapter in The Elder Scrolls Online saga. Find out everything you need to know about this new adventure and Update 18 in this launch article!
Jessica Folsom
Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
Staff Post
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Congrats to everyone at ZOS on a patch day maintenance launch that went smooth as silk.

Everywhere I go everyone is having fun!
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ooh nice Dawnbreaker detail in the artwork.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is going backwards!

Last year with Morrowind those who spent the most and got the collectors edition had a mechanism to give us access whilst the delays to the physical edition arrived (Which can take up to 2 weeks in some places).

This year... nothing!

All my guildies out enjoying Summerset, and I want to be putting on a Cloudrest event tonight for them but can't even get in there myself, despite paying the most! :'(
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
    Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
    DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
    Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
    Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)
  • ShenaniganSquad
    ShenaniganSquad
    ✭✭✭
    Bought the physical collectors edition as a birthday present because early access happened to fall ON MY BIRTHDAY..

No instructions, No guide online regarding the 5 disks that came with it so used the 5 disk set to "Install" what we thought was Summerset (Because that's what i purchased and that's what is said on all 5 disks) thinking this was the dlc and it would mean that I didnt have to have the download like the other dlc's

launcher starts d/l after servers go back online and it goes straight into the 10 gig DL, which is the same DL that everyone else has.

Why did I need these disks?

And now here I am in australia 2 hours later on my birthday at 10% d/l.... so disappointed..
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Flaminir wrote: »
    This is going backwards!

Last year with Morrowind those who spent the most and got the collectors edition had a mechanism to give us access whilst the delays to the physical edition arrived (Which can take up to 2 weeks in some places).

This year... nothing!

All my guildies out enjoying Summerset, and I want to be putting on a Cloudrest event tonight for them but can't even get in there myself, despite paying the most! :'(

Click here :)
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Flaminir wrote: »
    This is going backwards!

This year... nothing!

Click here :)

THANKYOOOOOU @ZOS_GinaBruno <3<3<3
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
    Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
    DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
    Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
    Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)
  • Cuthceol
    Cuthceol
    ✭✭✭
    Fixed an issue where blocking to cancel a channeled ability would occasionally cause you to get stuck blocking for a second.

never knew mounts are a channeled ability, explains a lot of the bugs over the years
  • Ageless
    Ageless
    ✭✭✭
    Did @ZOS_GinaBruno have to type all that? My my. :o
    Jord.

As I burn down and murder, I know that God forgives.
    'Spite all the things I've done my soul yet forever lives.
    And all those caught in the shadow of my wings have cause to fear.
    I swear on all I've done, no evil shall linger here.

• goxxy
    goxxy
    I have some internet issues, and my connection fail from time to time, and my download always back to beggining, so is there another way to dl game? I mean, on this way it can be downloaded 90% and after 1 net failure that last 30 sec Im forced to dl from start....
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOOK AT THAT TRAILER!!!!! Good gods that completely blew me away. The way you presented the daedric princes was 100% up to expectations, they really looked formidable!!
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Inoki
    Inoki
    ✭✭✭
    YAAAAAAAAAAAS! Big like <3

(they) Never cease to amaze me.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I made it to 22% on the download before things broke down. Then came the missing "patch manifest", the Repair option, a launcher that expanded and shrank weirdly, etc., etc.

I have no way of being sure where things are at the moment, but my guess is that I won't be playing the game for many hours.
  • Inoki
    Inoki
    ✭✭✭
    We'll see so many badass looking archers from now on :smirk:
  • ThornRage
    ThornRage
    ✭✭
    So let me get this straight, because I got the PHYSICAL collector's edition, I dont get the Bloodshadow mount?
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
  • ThinkerOfThings
    ThinkerOfThings
    ✭✭✭
    ThornRage wrote: »
    So let me get this straight, because I got the PHYSICAL collector's edition, I dont get the Bloodshadow mount?

I got the physical collectors edition for console and would like to know the answer to this question as well, for when console release occurs.
    "It is very, very sad being mortal. There is happiness, yes. But mostly sadness. As I have said, count only the happy hours." - Vivec
    XBOX - EP: Sen Sadri ( DE NB )
  • Eldartar
    Eldartar
    ✭✭✭✭

I got the physical collectors edition for console and would like to know the answer to this question as well, for when console release occurs.

Yes you do :) (got mine :smiley: )
  • ThornRage
    ThornRage
    ✭✭

The reason I did not get the mount at first was because I was given a digital upgrade while I wait for my physical copy. My physical copy arrived a few moments ago. After putting the Key in, I now have the mount.

So as Eldartar said above ... Yes you do :smile: (got mine :smiley: )
  • ShenaniganSquad
    ShenaniganSquad
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno could you please tell me what the 5 discs in my physical collectors edition were for? there was no guide book, no instructions.. nothing. I assumed it was the summerset patch on disc which would bypass the need for a 24 hour d/l.. I installed them but am now 12 hours in to the download and only at 55% and wondering what on earth I installed
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm up to 14% on my download/repair. I guess that's progress.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Recremen wrote: »
    LOOK AT THAT TRAILER!!!!! Good gods that completely blew me away. The way you presented the daedric princes was 100% up to expectations, they really looked formidable!!

IMO they looked like people in costumes, but I had that problem with the Morrowind trailer too. It was better than the short trailer.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • Furcula
    Furcula
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

In the patch notes, it says Fang Lair and Scalecaller motifs will be dropping shortly after the launch of Summerset. Could you please give us a more firm timeline? Does launch mean we will have to wait until June 5th?
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm up to 14% on my download/repair. I guess that's progress.

72% and counting.
  • Skeletalkk
    Skeletalkk
    ✭✭✭
    17 hours and ongoing waiting for my ticket to be looked at as I purchased collectors edition, welp wont be purchasing anymore in the future :)
    - PC EU -
    I JUST WANT MORE DAMN HOUSE ITEM SLOTS.
    Kireth Telvanni - Dunmer - MagSorc

The Ending of Words is AlmSiVi.

Accept Mephala's Embrace.
  • Striderlongshanks
    2 questions

Question 1. the buy now webpage still shows will get the pre-order items if buy now. Is that still good and if so is it good til 5th of June?

Question 2. if you select to purchase digital upgrade version from Bethesda.net will you get a code to apply to your account or will it be automaticly added to account. I'd like to purchase as a gift for a friend if buy from Bethesda.net gets a code she can apply to her account.

PS: I am on the PC NA server

Thx
    Edited by Striderlongshanks on May 22, 2018 3:30PM
  • Valerien
    Valerien
    ✭✭✭
    This all looks pretty amazing, though I am waiting for the crowds to die down a little. Personally for my own enjoyment of the story, I like it that when I go into the sewers I am killing the scum that live down their not walking over bodies.

The only thing I would ask, is that in a future DLC or content, the long list of our characters achievements are recognized. In many cases here is a Hero who is the right hand of kings, queens and Gods. Holds ranks in the mages guild, fighters guild, Dark Brotherhood and Thieves guild not to mention a large number of other achievements, may have the wealth of a merchant prince or lord etc etc.

However you seem to be treated as a beggar and general vagabond who wonders around looking to force your help on everyone you meet. Even Raz who you many have known for years refers to you as his new friend and calls you an Eye of Raz. Well thanks and all Raz but I believe your queen has already given me more honours, not to mention that I am a loyal member of the pact and really have no idea why I give a damn about your problems or why I can't stick a blade in your ribs and be rid of an enemy to my King.

So it would be nice just occasionally for folks I meet to recognize me as an Imperial Vampire Nightblade Silencer with exceptional gear and 750+ Champion points with a few achievements to my name as opposed to that unwelcome foreigner who just stepped off the boat who has never achieved anything in their life.
  • Striderlongshanks
    no response? :(
  • Striderlongshanks
    Still no response? Really? I got money burning in my pocket but won't spend it unless/until I get answer.
  • Striderlongshanks
    IF a question is asked but never answered does it make a sound?
  • Penzoil3
    Penzoil3
    Soul Shriven
    IF a question is asked but never answered does it make a sound?

Obviously not. Don't feel bad, I got Summerset and feel totally ripped off. There's just this little island, and nothing happening but one dungeon.