Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Deathmatch in a nutshell

Strider__Roshin
Strider__Roshin
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
Dominating team keeps getting the power sigils, and the weakest team gets farmed.

If we could get rid of power sigils and have a team vs team mode that would be much appreciated.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed.

Sincerely,
    The person who usually gets the sigil
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah sigil is dumb but that isn’t going to stop the dominant team from dominating. There’s a reason they keep picking up the sigils and farming everyone.
  • kerthas
    kerthas
    ✭✭✭
    depend sometimes, there is no such dominating team, its pretty equal, and the only reason why one team win, its because of thats sigil. Its freaking powerfull, and not legal xD
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sigil needs to go. If they arent going to axe it then it needs to ONLY spawn in center with a UI element counting down its spawn time so player congregation to the location is influenced so spawn camping is not an ideal strat.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If we have to have the sigil, I would prefer it just automatically apply to the team with the lowest score, and at least 100 less points than either of the other teams. That way even if they kill all 8 of the other players it just puts them tied or close to the second place team. The strongest team should never get the sigil but we see it happen way too often.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • GrigorijMalahevich
    GrigorijMalahevich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    exeeter702 wrote: »
    Sigil needs to go. If they arent going to axe it then it needs to ONLY spawn in center with a UI element counting down its spawn time so player congregation to the location is influenced so spawn camping is not an ideal strat.

Funny, but putting power sigil in the middle gives even more power to one sided matches, because dominating team will just stay in the middle :)

Everything is fine as it is.
    PC/EU 800 CP.
    PvP MagSorc.
    Pedro Gonzales - Mag Sorc EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/CB6j6
    Valera Progib - Stam Sorc DC vMA Flawless Conqueror clear https://i.imgur.com/eYgpXG2.png
    Valera Pozhar - Mag DK EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/jrsuK
    Valera Podlechi - Mag Templar AD vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/N0BYq
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    exeeter702 wrote: »

Funny, but putting power sigil in the middle gives even more power to one sided matches, because dominating team will just stay in the middle :)

Everything is fine as it is.

I unnderstand that completely. I also dont have any issues with the stronger team getting the sigil. Im not arguing for hadicap catch up mechanisms in vs environments in any genre of game. The reason it should spawn only in center is that eliminates stupid rng and when all 3 teams are a heavily incentivised to go middle, it forces a three way.

Again. I dont like the sigil at all, but i like catchup mechanics to help weaker players even less. Forcing 3 ways is the only middle ground i believe to help with tolerating the nonsense 3 team bg format they have decided to go with. Its lopsided by default, and depending on where the sigil spawns, some teams just get ***. Keep in the middle, if weak players want the advantage they have to work for it instead of hoping it spawns near their spawn point for them to scoop up after respawing from a complete wipe.
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    More so if your team gets the first sigil it seems like half of them decide it makes them invulnerable and immediately dive headfirst into the biggest brawl they can find, and immediately die because of it.

I suppose it has to exist to prevent camping out a single spot, or to just force movement in general, but that fails on the basis that there is no indication where it is going to spawn next.
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • kerthas
    kerthas
    ✭✭✭
    Sixty5 wrote: »
    there is no indication where it is going to spawn next.

If you pay intention, on every map, there is always 2 possible spot where it can spawn, and most of the time its always the same. And then it follow always the same way.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kerthas wrote: »
    Sixty5 wrote: »
    there is no indication where it is going to spawn next.

If you pay intention, on every map, there is always 2 possible spot where it can spawn, and most of the time its always the same. And then it follow always the same way.

That’s not true.

But there is a pattern it follows that only a handful of people know about.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

• Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree, get rid of that evil buff lol.
    Also:
    everyone should que for chaos ball. Yes I know theres a dirty objective, but at least it damages you and you can actually go off and yolo kill players knowing they will all be heading towards the only objective in the match.

They should do the same for flags; one flag with 3 way battles for it's control.

capture the relic; should also be one relic! Hard to PVD relics if all three teams head to the one location where its located.

This way we all have to pvp no matter what! YAY.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    Agreed.

Sincerely,
    The person who usually gets the sigil and plays a StamWarden

Just a quick edit. No salt just, commenting on ZOS's balance skills

Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    Also:
    everyone should que for chaos ball. Yes I know theres a dirty objective, but at least it damages you and you can actually go off and yolo kill players knowing they will all be heading towards the only objective in the match.
    I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been waylaid by the opposing team that doesn’t have the chaosball after respawning and being across the map from the ball. :/
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »
    Minno wrote: »
    Also:
    I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been waylaid by the opposing team that doesn’t have the chaosball after respawning and being across the map from the ball. :/

LOL yea that sucks.

I prefer those battles though; they aren't at full 4 man strength and they are normally easier to pull apart in certain maps to focus 1v1. And then I don't mind losing; I got myself some productive 1v1's in a loosing proposition especially if the winning team is a pre-made full of tanky DPS wardens.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NyassaV wrote: »
    Agreed.

Sincerely,
    The person who usually gets the sigil and plays a StamWarden

Just a quick edit. No salt just, commenting on ZOS's balance skills.

Also I’m a nightblade.

Just a quick edit. No salt just, commenting on ZOS's balance skills

• LokoMatic
    LokoMatic
    ✭✭✭
    What if I told you.... there was no sigil....
    Harbingers of Death
    Poison Injection
    Cp 910+

Dark Elf DK - Grand Overlord - (Xbox) NA - 129K Kills
    Orc Stamblade - Level 10 (Xbox)
    Argonian Templar - Level 23 (PC) (Auriels Bow Graduate (Retired))
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it just me or does the sigil go away a lot faster now?

• BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Xbox POV, I think it's just you. Duration still seems standard. But I guess you guys are live now so, perhaps? Would be good to see it removed completely.
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BNOC wrote: »

Xbox POV, I think it's just you. Duration still seems standard. But I guess you guys are live now so, perhaps? Would be good to see it removed completely.

I think maybe the graphic is vanishing early with summerset. Not sure. Need to test more.

• Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sigil sucks, I too often grab it since NB is so well equipped to break off fights and search the sigil and since not focusing sigil against teams that are close to your teams skill level and going after the sigil is a death sentence. However, it’s just not a good mechanic.

I understand it’s meant to turn the tide of a match, but surely superior matchmaking would be a more effective way to actually get close matches instead of using an artificial tool like the sigil to try to get close scores, especially since a dominating team will often get it anyway
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think maybe the graphic is vanishing early with summerset. Not sure. Need to test more.
    Yea, the graphic only lasts for a second or two now, but I think the actual buff duration is still 30 seconds. Makes it more difficult to notice when someone does or does not have the sigil, and is a step in the wrong direction. They need to remove the stupid thing, not make it more stealthy.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wheem_ESO wrote: »

Yea, the graphic only lasts for a second or two now, but I think the actual buff duration is still 30 seconds. Makes it more difficult to notice when someone does or does not have the sigil, and is a step in the wrong direction. They need to remove the stupid thing, not make it more stealthy.

Interesting... and agreed