The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Players Exploiting VAS HM on Xbox1 NA, will ZOS ban Players like before?

• BadSerpico
    BadSerpico
    ✭✭✭
    Niether do I and the inconsistency of punishment bothers me.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I mean, so many people have glitched it at this point that its tough to see any punishments being handed now.
    Edited by Apache_Kid on May 20, 2018 3:11PM
  • BadSerpico
    BadSerpico
    ✭✭✭
    Then they should refine their TOS to make it clearer on what constitutes a permanent or temp ban. Plus what s about those that were made an example of and banned months ago versus these that are making profits?
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    BadSerpico wrote: »
    Then they should refine their TOS to make it clearer on what constitutes a permanent or temp ban. Plus what s about those that were made an example of and banned months ago versus these that are making profits?

The content was brand new when that happened. Its a bigger uproar when someone glitched brand-new content. ZoS has proven with vMoL that once content gets old they no longer care about policing it.
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Apache_Kid wrote: »

The content was brand new when that happened. Its a bigger uproar when someone glitched brand-new content. ZoS has proven with vMoL that once content gets old they no longer care about policing it.

Right. The focus is on Cloudrest now. RIP vAS HM.
  • XiDiabolismiX
    XiDiabolismiX
    ✭✭✭
    Such bs... and people wonder why the raiding community is dwindling, at least on xbox na. Lack of Craglorn-like trials, dc’s, lag, and cheaters...
  • BadSerpico
    BadSerpico
    ✭✭✭

Exactly no consistency
  • XxCaLxX
    XxCaLxX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe they should just start putting skins in merchants that you can buy for 1-2M gold or something. Ppl dont seem to think it’s a big deal that ppl pay other players to get it. I always stream or record my skin run attempts for proof because being accused of paying for something that take a lot of time a work is annoying. Most ppl that say there is nothing wrong with it are the people doing it and I have my own opinion about them but all they’re doing is hurting the game. So put skins in merchants so no one will complain from either side and no one will run the content therefore causing no glitching. Problem solved.
  • BadSerpico
    BadSerpico
    ✭✭✭
    DoctorESO wrote: »

How are those rules fair? They should put that in TOS. If you exploit content within a month of release you will be permanently banned.
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

How are those rules fair? They should put that in TOS. If you exploit content within a month of release you will be permanently banned.

It's not fair. ZOS does not have a good reputation of being fair.
  • BadSerpico
    BadSerpico
    ✭✭✭
    I guess it’s a no win situation so un ban everyone and Exploit to your hearts away at this point.
  • cosplayerrain
    cosplayerrain
    ✭✭
    Honestly, they will break vas like vmol was broke. They tried fixing vmol and then you couldn’t even get it done without 50 dc before second boss. #Homestead
  • DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    . This particular exploit and the repercussions were particularly severe (unlocking an extremely difficult-to-get achievement and reward.) We also recognize that we have gone too easy on cheaters/exploiters in the past. (But not bots - bots get nuked on the first offense.) We're taking a stance to crack down harder, especially when the exploit is as deliberate and severe as this one was.

This statement is very clear, I fully expect the glitchers to be handled the same way as last time.
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~
  • BadSerpico
    BadSerpico
    ✭✭✭
    I’ve said that twice that they should update original thread with current player numbers banned. Until then or an updated statement who knows.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DPShiro wrote: »
    . This particular exploit and the repercussions were particularly severe (unlocking an extremely difficult-to-get achievement and reward.) We also recognize that we have gone too easy on cheaters/exploiters in the past. (But not bots - bots get nuked on the first offense.) We're taking a stance to crack down harder, especially when the exploit is as deliberate and severe as this one was.

This statement is very clear, I fully expect the glitchers to be handled the same way as last time.

@DPShiro I don’t expect anything to happen to them.

Last time ZOS was very clear and banned players pretty quickly.

This time they’re taking much longer and have yet to even acknowledge the issue. As bad as that is, many more players have now glitched vAS than before due to the extended amount of time ZOS has allowed this exploit to exist. They’d be banning way more players.

So no, I don’t think ZOS will stick by their word.
  • DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »

This time they’re taking much longer and have yet to even acknowledge the issue. As bad as that is, many more players have now glitched vAS than before due to the extended amount of time ZOS has allowed this exploit to exist. They’d be banning way more players.

If this turns into the same epic fiasco as vMoL a lot of people I know are finally quitting, and I think I might too.
    Can’t support a game that doesn’t care about issues like this.
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

If this turns into the same epic fiasco as vMoL a lot of people I know are finally quitting, and I think I might too.

And "epic" is not an understatement.
  • DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They have been informed long before it became this bad though, but blatantly ignored it
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~
  • DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And "epic" is not an understatement.

Indeed, yet nothing is said
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~
  • DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve said that twice that they should update original thread with current player numbers banned. Until then or an updated statement who knows.

Good point, we would like to know after all
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~
  • The_ghosted1
    This is a massive issue on PS4 Eu... Most of the pvp players have the skin, there are maybe 4-5 guilds on the server that have legitimate ability to clear the fight.. I have spent hours in there until I cleared this fight legit, I’m disappointed by the lack of bans... People on PS4 eu don’t seven care any more to the point that people don’t even seem to care for there accounts... asked a player if he cares that he glitched it... His response was I got the poly as well... have done maybe close to 20 legitimate clears and no poly In sight for me
    Ps4 EU Server
  • SASQUATCH0
    SASQUATCH0
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rip silver skin... good job zos...
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like ZoS's RoC does not include what Blizzard has anymore

Cheating

You are responsible for how you and your account are represented in the game world. Cheating in any fashion will result in immediate action. Using third-party programs to automate any facet of the game, exploiting bugs, or engaging in any activity that grants an unfair advantage is considered cheating.
  • DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SASQUATCH0 wrote: »
    Rip silver skin... good job zos...

This didn’t happen overnight, they have had weeks to address and fix this :'(
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~
  • SASQUATCH0
    SASQUATCH0
    ✭✭✭✭
    Welp nothing we can really do. Most people will know if you got it legit or bought it/exploited it. It’s usually pretty easy to tell.
  • DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of course, that’s not the problem.

This is affecting an already small and dwindling end game community (only 3 teams have ever cleared this legit on Xbox eu) so that’s my main concern.
    People are quitting and giving up because of ZoS doesn’t care it seems, so why support them?
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Il stick to my hof skin and scp skin for now atleast those are 100% earned.

I wear what pleases me and don't give a rat's ass for how anyone else gets it .. I never cease to be amazed at those who get all butthurt over stuff like this.

LOL fashion victims.
  • Shad0wfire99
    Shad0wfire99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moved. Out of sight, out of mind.

XBox NA
  • valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they'll 'ban' them and say it's a perma ban and then a month later they'll be back like the original vAS people. by letting those people back ZOS essentially gave the go ahead for cheating because a perma ban is not perma
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Agreed. And think its right to be vocal about tho as so many folks on Xbox EU are doing it and talking about it.

I generally moan about AP boosters and alliance switching *** ut get they are hard to detect. This must be plain and simple.

And the repeat offenders luring others in and making millions should be full on perm ban. Account, email, IP address the lot.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP