The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Players Exploiting VAS HM on Xbox1 NA, will ZOS ban Players like before?

• AbysmalGhul
    AbysmalGhul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't tell the difference between people who earned, paid for it, or exploited for it..*shrugs
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since lots of my EP friends were perma banned, I hope they do perma ban.
  • DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BadSerpico wrote: »
    There has been recent activity on VAS Exploiters Skin Sellers and my question is this. How was this allowed to happened and did ZOS stop sweeping the Game data after the first group of bans? If so why and how long has it truly been happening? Please get to the bottom of this

theres no point to this as they were suppose to have fixed it and without hard evidence and proof their doing it they cant just ban them. since no one can actually see them do it.
  • BadSerpico
    BadSerpico
    ✭✭✭
    DuskMarine wrote: »
    There has been recent activity on VAS Exploiters Skin Sellers and my question is this. How was this allowed to happened and did ZOS stop sweeping the Game data after the first group of bans? If so why and how long has it truly been happening? Please get to the bottom of this

theres no point to this as they were suppose to have fixed it and without hard evidence and proof their doing it they cant just ban them. since no one can actually see them do it.

They can do like they did before an sweep the game Data and send out the BAN.
  • DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭

yea but guess what happened with that tons of people who werent guilty got banned cause they happened to have done vet as that same week. so that doesnt work well at all.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

yea but guess what happened with that tons of people who werent guilty got banned cause they happened to have done vet as that same week. so that doesnt work well at all.

I suspect there's more options than that. For example, just a parse of what damage sources affected the boss should create a pretty clear filter for the exploit.
  • DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I suspect there's more options than that. For example, just a parse of what damage sources affected the boss should create a pretty clear filter for the exploit.

no there really isnt a way outside of trial and error unless you physically see them. which they were suppose to have fixed it after it was found on pc. so its highly zoses fault for even letting that get by
  • BadSerpico
    BadSerpico
    ✭✭✭

Yep look at the “code”
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I hope the perpetrators are found and brought to justice. We don't need any cheaters or exploiters in the game.
  • DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where is tha official statement?
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~
  • SJD_Phoenix
    SJD_Phoenix
    ✭✭✭
    This guy is advertising it on band.

Like, seriously when is this gonna get resolved?

https://imgur.com/a/IUIXFdJ
  • Aebaradath
    Aebaradath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They better ban those players.
  • DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That’s disgusting
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DPShiro wrote: »
    Where is tha official statement?

I imagine it's coming "soon" (TM). :D
  • DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭

it already got resolved on pc i think everyones missing the fact that how did it not get fixed on console
  • MTijhuis
    MTijhuis
    ✭✭✭

it already got resolved on pc i think everyones missing the fact that how did it not get fixed on console

The glitch still works on the PTS. So unless they are gonna ban 100's of players, so close to chapter launch which I doubt. Or do a quick patch, which is unlikely cause it's been there for months. More and more players will use the glitch for the skin and farming purchases. The longer it will take the less likely the banhammer is coming. Afterall they don't wanna loose to many paying costumers.

I just hope that with cloud rest they double checked, the trial.
  • DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MTijhuis wrote: »

The glitch still works on the PTS. So unless they are gonna ban 100's of players, so close to chapter launch which I doubt. Or do a quick patch, which is unlikely cause it's been there for months. More and more players will use the glitch for the skin and farming purchases. The longer it will take the less likely the banhammer is coming. Afterall they don't wanna loose to many paying costumers.

tf they said they had it fixed so hows it work on the pts
  • BadSerpico
    BadSerpico
    ✭✭✭
    I don’t know but we want answers or a official stament on the way forward.
  • MTijhuis
    MTijhuis
    ✭✭✭

Few friends and I were curious about how the glitch worked. We didn't wanna risk getting banned for being curious. So we went on the PTS last night try it out, still works.

Note: We are all for progressing runs and we will get out skin one day legit.
    Edited by MTijhuis on May 19, 2018 9:48PM
  • DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Few friends and I were curious about how the glitch worked. We didn't wanna risk getting banned. So we went on the PTS last night try it out, still works.

oh wow.........great i wont be going into AS anytime soon for a skin run at risk of them screwing up and banning innocent people again.............
  • BadSerpico
    BadSerpico
    ✭✭✭

Few friends and I were curious about how the glitch worked. We didn't wanna risk getting banned. So we went on the PTS last night try it out, still works.

That’s a shame.
  • MTijhuis
    MTijhuis
    ✭✭✭

oh wow.........great i wont be going into AS anytime soon for a skin run at risk of them screwing up and banning innocent people again.............

I believe at this point, they won't ban anymore. It's no longer 60 people that exploited. We are talking about 100's if not 1000s.

No official statement had been made that they are investigating. So more and more people take the risk. This is a vmol all over again. People will keep farming for the perfect weapons and the polymorph.

They can no longer wave the ban hammer, it will cost them to many costumers. So I wouldn't be afraid to do legit runs.

All we can hope for is that they didn't make the same mistakes in cloud rest.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I wish they’d give console players a PTS as well. I understand the difficulties since they obviously can’t update in time, but honestly that’s okay. Console could test 4.0.0 until Summerset actually launches.

Give me that PTS and I can find every out of map glitch/boss killing exploit within 1-2 days.
  • DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I believe at this point, they won't ban anymore. It's no longer 60 people that exploited. We are talking about 100's if not 1000s.

No official statement had been made that they are investigating. So more and more people take the risk. This is a vmol all over again. People will keep farming for the perfect weapons and the polymorph.

They can no longer wave the ban hammer, it will cost them to many costumers. So I wouldn't be afraid to do legit runs.

to be honest id rather be safe than crazy
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree unfortunately. At this point, ZOS has made a total 180 on their formerly tough stance vs exploits. With the fact that ZOS has done nothing to stop the massive real money/gold exchange for vMoL skins and Dromathra Destroyer titles that started up in CWC, or even acknowledge round two of vAS HM exploiting, it’s clear that ZOS has given up.

Along with this they are totally silent on feedback this PTS.

Idk what they’re doing, but it feels like any progress made regarding transparency and communication with ZOS overtime (which was always poor) has completely died out now. I’m not subbing or buying anything in the Crown Store until I see them care about their game again. The horrible job they’ve done vs exploiters, terrible communication this PTS in terms of feedback (well, no communication at all lol), and their 50% crown sale cut down to 20% along with increasing focus on the Crown Store makes it impossible for me to justify giving them any more $$.
  • DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »

I agree unfortunately. At this point, ZOS has made a total 180 on their formerly tough stance vs exploits. With the fact that ZOS has done nothing to stop the massive real money/gold exchange for vMoL skins and Dromathra Destroyer titles that started up in CWC, or even acknowledge round two of vAS HM exploiting, it’s clear that ZOS has given up.

Idk what they’re doing, but it feels like any progress made regarding transparency and communication with ZOS overtime (which was always poor) has completely died out now. I’m not subbing or buying anything in the Crown Store until I see them care about their game again. The horrible job they’ve done vs exploiters, terrible communication this PTS in terms of feedback (well, no communication at all lol), and their 50% crown sale cut down to 20% along with increasing focus on the Crown Store makes it impossible for me to justify giving them any more $$.

well gina did make quite a transparent focus saying alot of things after summerset were getting fixed but up and deleted it or moved it somewhere. but she said multiple bugs would be gone i shouldve screen shotted it cause it was early in the morning before i had to go to work. but just with how careless they are with the hammer(my guildmaster got banned as a gold seller because to many people sent in auction money for our trader granted got his account back after that) it makes you worry about what you can and cant do when exploits are happening.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

well gina did make quite a transparent focus saying alot of things after summerset were getting fixed but up and deleted it or moved it somewhere. but she said multiple bugs would be gone i shouldve screen shotted it cause it was early in the morning before i had to go to work. but just with how careless they are with the hammer(my guildmaster got banned as a gold seller because to many people sent in auction money for our trader granted got his account back after that) it makes you worry about what you can and cant do when exploits are happening.

Last time there was a vAS HM exploit, my group had to halt vAS HM progression for fear of getting banned if we completed. Same thing happened when vMoL bans were thrown out a long time ago. Plus their gold seller flagging system is definitely poor. There are stories like what happened to your guildmaster, but then their are ppl like my guildmaster who might move tens of million of gold and have nothing happen. Inconsistent system and I don’t understand why it’s a ban until proven innocent process.

Also I’m referring to ZOS feedback, not some Summerset minor bug fixes with staircases or whatever from a post that does not exist. I look at the Dev Tracker and see *nothing* regarding actual balance, skill changes, player feedback regarding anything other than random Crown Store or login-related stuff.

There are five official class feedback threads with thousands of posts that have all been for absolutely nothing. We thought they were for feedback - turns out it was just to funnel complaints into one big thread to keep the Foruns cleaner. At least that’s what it feels like because that is what our feedback has amounted to. At the start of Summerset PTS I saw an enormous amount of GOOD feedback on what each class needed. It has legit all been for nothing.
  • MTijhuis
    MTijhuis
    ✭✭✭

I wish they’d give console players a PTS as well. I understand the difficulties since they obviously can’t update in time, but honestly that’s okay. Console could test 4.0.0 until Summerset actually launches.

Give me that PTS and I can find every out of map glitch/boss killing exploit within 1-2 days.

A console PTS would be amazing for coding issues and bugs.

But this glitch, how on earth can they keep making the same mistake. You should never be able to get out of the map, if you build a invisible wall, make sure it surrounds the whole area.

I think that's the big issue here. What are you allowed to do and what not? So many glitches are in the game, if you really wanna play by the tos this game isn't playable. (How many times do adds and bosses get stuck for example)

They either need to be very strict, or don't care at all not something in between. Because then more and more people will take the risk, if they find it worth it.
  • DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Last time there was a vAS HM exploit, my group had to halt vAS HM progression for fear of getting banned if we completed. Same thing happened when vMoL bans were thrown out a long time ago. Plus their gold seller flagging system is definitely poor. There are stories like what happened to your guildmaster, but then their are ppl like my guildmaster who might move tens of million of gold and have nothing happen. Inconsistent system and I don’t understand why it’s a ban until proven innocent process.

Also I’m referring to ZOS feedback, not some Summerset minor bug fixes with staircases or whatever from a post that does not exist. I look at the Dev Tracker and see *nothing* regarding actual balance, skill changes, player feedback regarding anything other than random Crown Store or login-related stuff.

There are five official class feedback threads with thousands of posts that have all been for absolutely nothing. We thought they were for feedback - turns out it was just to funnel complaints into one big thread to keep the Foruns cleaner. At least that’s what it feels like because that is what our feedback has amounted to. At the start of Summerset PTS I saw an enormous amount of GOOD feedback on what each class needed. It has legit all been for nothing.

well the fixes werent about stairs that i saw that morning it was about the guild bank bug, a few trial bugs but since it just up and disappeared its hard to actually say its like her investors pulled back on the reigns. but it was about the update mentioning also about an event coming to the game of another sweepstakes and a few other things. i came home from work gonna show my guildies and poof gone. so i dont think its zos themselves i think its their higher ups dont want stuff coming out for some reason.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

A console PTS would be amazing for coding issues and bugs.

But this glitch, how on earth can they keep making the same mistake. You should never be able to get out of the map, if you build a invisible wall, make sure it surrounds the whole area.

I think that's the big issue here. What are you allowed to do and what not? So many glitches are in the game, if you really wanna play by the tos this game isn't playable. (How many times do adds and bosses get stuck for example)

They either need to be very strict, or don't care at all not something in between. Because then more and more people will take the risk, if they find it worth it.

Yup. Honestly it’s extremely sad how terrible ZOS it at stopping these exploits from happening. The ONLY acceptable reason for an exploit to be possible would have to be related to a coding bug that needs fixing. Out of map kills should never even be possible at all.

Step 1: Make the boss fight/arena exactly as wanted.
    Step 2: Place an invisible wall around the entire boss fight that extends too high for a player to ever reach. Note on invisible walls: they are the same as regular walls but are totally invisible - players on one side cannot target anything on the other. Out of Map issues all gone.
    Step 3: Find all ledges, platforms, etc within the boss fight that a player may be able to glitch to and place insta-kill barriers on them. Problem solved
    Step 4: If a player gets within 40m of the boss fight while the boss fight initiates, teleport them into the fight. This includes in directions that lead outside the map.
    Step 5: Spawn a player outside the map and TEST all possible glitch spots on that fight. They’re very easy to find if they exist.

Every exploit so far revolves around fighting a boss while standing in glitchy spots that may or may not involve out-of-map (Rakkhat), or aggroing from outside the front door and even possibly finding a glitchy spot (St. Olms).

Idk why this is difficult to do. You essentially place the whole fight inside an invisible box, and then put kill barriers on spots you should never reach. Just like that you fix all possible exploits not related to bugging out bosses.