Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Players Exploiting VAS HM on Xbox1 NA, will ZOS ban Players like before?

• ShadowWolf44
    ShadowWolf44
    ✭✭✭
    I bought this game, so I could play, In Tamriel, Like olden days
    Skyrim really blew my mind, the open world, the Dragon kinds
    So with full hope, my money spent, rip it open, in it went
    To my new Xbox One, with pride, I watched and listened as it spun inside
    Then on my screen, the game appeared, I picked my race and checked the gear

Now with several years gone by, flip on the box, and give a sigh.
    I fully know what to expect, tho I've no clue where the Dragons went
    When I cast freeze upon my foes, how the hell was I to know
    The one thing I can count to stop? The game I'm playing and curses pop
    Shut it down, turn it all off, rinse, repeat, I too was caught
    up in this game called Tamriel, Pixel mounts, glit-ches from hell

The cost to "buy" fake in-game things, with real money, the REAL thing
    Has got me ready to explode, someone left a half-full node
    The anger wells from deep inside, and now there is no Xbox Live
    What the hell do I pay for? A non-response, a message board?
    How did Skyrim come to this? I've got no clue, all I can hissssssssssssss.

If you would like to avoid rancid poems in the future, try FIXING THE GAME.
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    from what i heard they perma banned (with no appeals) the fist people who did it on each platform, back when it came out, due to community crying. But noww they are apparently not perma banning people. This company has no credibilty. Like literally none. They temporary ban ACTUAL CHEATERS on PC using cheat engine but then perma ban 1st time offenders for a cosmetic item. l o l.

And on top of it now, while the masses weren't looking, they gave some people temporary bans for this same thing. Or maybe appeals, not sure. All i do know is i know people who got banned for this within the last couple months and got their account back without the skin and weapons..

Truly i dont care about the trial, skin, or the people who got banned. I just hate to see inconsistency like this ESP when it comes to peoples accounts. Either perma ban them all with no appeals or ban them and give them all appeals and judge based on history*(which is how it should always be*)..
    Edited by eso_lags on May 17, 2018 3:29AM
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    MaxwellC wrote: »
    There's barely anything PvE related to sell & since people are selling skins you take offense to that? If they aren't cheating then let them take people through vAS and sell them the skin if you can't deal with it then ignore them or quit the game.

[Edit to remove flame]

Exploiting = Cheating
  • Azicah
    Azicah
    ✭✭✭
    Well, many people have already reported that people were selling exploited vAS skins. It’s up to ZOS what they do with them.
  • BadSerpico
    BadSerpico
    ✭✭✭
    Azicah wrote: »
    Well, many people have already reported that people were selling exploited vAS skins. It’s up to ZOS what they do with them.

True true
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    all I say its that pro people wear dro-m'athra skin with dro-m'athra destroyer title.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MattT1988 wrote: »
    Meh, it’s just a cosmetic skin who cares?

A lot of people. Legitimately. That thing does take a lot of skill to earn, so the salt isn't entirely unwarranted.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Violynne wrote: »
    This needs to be addressed i worked for 2 weeks straight progressing through plus 1 and eventually got to +2 and have completed plus 2 on my healer and magsorc if people are sniping this skin like they do maw then whats the point of even wearing skins everybody is gonna assume you bought it.

The only time I've ever questioned anyone's items is "I wonder how much that [birds chirping] wasted on crates trying to get that ugly mount."

My answer is just two crates. ;) Lady luck loved me that night.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • XiDiabolismiX
    XiDiabolismiX
    ✭✭✭
    Ill say the same exact thing as I did on the other vAS glitch post. I hope anyone caught sniping/cheating their way to a title/achievement/skin is permabanned and its kept that way.

For those of you saying “meh, it’s just a skin” don’t realize how tough this fight was for guilds to complete. Try getting 11 other people to commit to several hours a day for as long as it takes, sometimes months, and tell me you don’t feel accomplished. Now after that amount of time, and arguing with those 11 other people for months, some yahoo 200cp pvper walks in with the only thing that proves you went through that struggle.

Smdh, y’all are probably the ones wanting everything handed to you on a silver platter too.
    Edited by XiDiabolismiX on May 17, 2018 10:24AM
  • DjMuscleboy02
    DjMuscleboy02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The reason this is a big deal isn't so much that they exploited a cosmetic. Try to understand that, to almost any end game raider, this skin and other trial achievements are the pinnacle of gameplay. Players in this community strive for sometimes years progressing through these trials only to have some people safe spot the boss in a couple hours.

So sure, for some people, these cosmetics don't mean anything. But a vast majority of end game raiders play solely to raid and enjoy making their characters look cool. Personally, I don't even log in unless we have raid. So when the entire reason someone plays the game gets devalued, of course you'll see outrage. And should there be no action taken then why would these players continue to play? You could effectively kill off communities with no response to bugs like this. So try to see that it's more about defending the reason we play the game and less about a shiney silver skin.

All that said, I totally can't wait for the bans to go out. :)
    Brodor - PC NA - ESO's only pure bodybuilding guild
    Hodor, but stronger
  • SASQUATCH0
    SASQUATCH0
    ✭✭✭✭
    SLAM DOWN THE BAN HAMMER ZOS DO ITTTTTTTTT
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    And what 70% of people really want to say but are terrified to say it...

"How did they glitch it?

Im asking for a friend."
  • madchuska83
    madchuska83
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this about an actual glitch, or groups selling skins? Skin selling is fine, though stupid on buyers part. Glitching is another story. Can you imagine how long it takes to snipe/caltrop down that many HP? They should offer a second skin just for spending the time to do that, lol. Seriously, how do they kill him if the protector bot comes out? They can snipe them through the gate too?
  • Ihatenightblades
    Ihatenightblades
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this about an actual glitch, or groups selling skins? Skin selling is fine, though stupid on buyers part. Glitching is another story. Can you imagine how long it takes to snipe/caltrop down that many HP? They should offer a second skin just for spending the time to do that, lol. Seriously, how do they kill him if the protector bot comes out? They can snipe them through the gate too?

Yes its a glitch and takes about 2-3 hrs to complete from what i hear
  • BadSerpico
    BadSerpico
    ✭✭✭

Yes its a glitch and takes about 2-3 hrs to complete from what i hear

I guess it wasn’t fixed many months ago or they found another way
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BadSerpico wrote: »
    The first group got perma banned cause nobody had even beat VAS on HM yet and than they glitch it than go trotting and bragging about it all over the place. Also heard they than taking real money afterward to take people along for glitch.

VAS is old news now so it’s not going to garner the same attention as people glitching for HM clears 2 days after the content dropped. Besides ZOS is going to have to ban probably close to 500 or more people on Xbox NA alone. They have their hands full with Summerset dropping too so while it is messed up it’s not exactly a top priority right now.

So are you saying forgot about the recent exploiting? Or revisit it after Summerset drops? And those that were banned from before?

I’m saying the people who were originally banned for glitching hard mode were wreckless and stupid about how they handled theirselves after doing it. They glitched it which you don’t get a score for prior to anyone on the server actually beating the place on hardmode. So literally all ZOS had to do is check and see if suspected players that had silver surfer skin had a leaderboard score and when they didn’t that was a red flag.

Players have been legit clearing HM VAS for months now so there is plenty of cover up and will involve much more investigation for ZOS to find players that glitched it now. Not to mention they have entire Xbox server down right now, new chapter of game coming in 2 weeks, 1,000,000 different things of balance this nerf that nerf this on forums people complaining about.

Point is it may be a big issue and I don’t support people doing it but their are larger issues at hand for ZOS to deal with.

You bring up a good point:

its-not-what-you-know-its-what-you-can-prove.jpg

I guess people are going to get lucky and get away with murder this time.
    Edited by DoctorESO on May 18, 2018 3:19AM
  • BadSerpico
    BadSerpico
    ✭✭✭
    DoctorESO wrote: »
    The first group got perma banned cause nobody had even beat VAS on HM yet and than they glitch it than go trotting and bragging about it all over the place. Also heard they than taking real money afterward to take people along for glitch.

VAS is old news now so it’s not going to garner the same attention as people glitching for HM clears 2 days after the content dropped. Besides ZOS is going to have to ban probably close to 500 or more people on Xbox NA alone. They have their hands full with Summerset dropping too so while it is messed up it’s not exactly a top priority right now.

So are you saying forgot about the recent exploiting? Or revisit it after Summerset drops? And those that were banned from before?

I’m saying the people who were originally banned for glitching hard mode were wreckless and stupid about how they handled theirselves after doing it. They glitched it which you don’t get a score for prior to anyone on the server actually beating the place on hardmode. So literally all ZOS had to do is check and see if suspected players that had silver surfer skin had a leaderboard score and when they didn’t that was a red flag.

Players have been legit clearing HM VAS for months now so there is plenty of cover up and will involve much more investigation for ZOS to find players that glitched it now. Not to mention they have entire Xbox server down right now, new chapter of game coming in 2 weeks, 1,000,000 different things of balance this nerf that nerf this on forums people complaining about.

Point is it may be a big issue and I don’t support people doing it but their are larger issues at hand for ZOS to deal with.

You bring up a good point:

its-not-what-you-know-its-what-you-can-prove.jpg

I guess people are going to get lucky and get away with murder this time.

That’s so bad if it’s true!
  • BadSerpico
    BadSerpico
    ✭✭✭
    Waiting on Info From ZoS
  • BadSerpico
    BadSerpico
    ✭✭✭
    .........????????
  • alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There has been recent activity on VAS Exploiters Skin Sellers and my question is this. How was this allowed to happened and did ZOS stop sweeping the Game data after the first group of bans? If so why and how long has it truly been happening? Please get to the bottom of this

just report it on xbox, its breaking t&c's of them as well
    Main character dk - Vanikifar whitestrike
  • valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *EDIT: Funny that right after i posted on the old thread about this @ZOS_AntonioP rolls in and shuts the thread down. Like everything else ZOS does, let's just close the thread and bury it and hope everyone moves on.
    The bans are pointless when they allow players who were "perma banned" back onto the game within months. They're essentially saying go ahead and cheat because your perma ban isn't permanent. Or maybe they found a way to monetize ending a perma ban because we all know they'll do anything for money.
    Edited by valeriiya on May 18, 2018 4:52PM
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MaxwellC wrote: »
    There's barely anything PvE related to sell & since people are selling skins you take offense to that? If they aren't cheating then let them take people through vAS and sell them the skin if you can't deal with it then ignore them or quit the game.

@ZOS_AntonioP
    Can't seem to differentiate what flaming is, please respond to my message & tell me how my original comment was flaming.

Absolutely savage @MaxwellC :) I have distant feelings blooming for you after this.

And I agree, selling something like that to people should not be a crime. Most people will never get the chance to complete these, because only a handfull of elite guilds who don't accept new members manage to pull this off.
    Edited by Dracane on May 18, 2018 4:52PM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you would like to avoid rancid poems in the future, try FIXING THE GAME.
    I believe we're going to see many more rancid poems in the future.

Never end with an option.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mb10 wrote: »
    And what 70% of people really want to say but are terrified to say it...

"How did they glitch it?

Im asking for a friend."

Caltrops. Because, of course, it's ****ing razor legos again.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had to actually yell at a guild member last night, because he was going, "yeah, it'll be so easy." *Pounds head into desk.*
  • Soleya
    Soleya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xeNNNNN wrote: »
    Soleya wrote: »
    xeNNNNN wrote: »
    Sigtric wrote: »
    I'm fairly certain it's only a ban worthy offense if exploits or real money transactions are happening. If they are being sold for in game gold, while possibly looked down upon by the community, is not breaking rules. Proof has to be obtained for real money transactions which is hard to get since its all handled outside of the game.

Its against xbox ToS, regardless of whether or not you do it with money or gold, if you modify the console or any game on the console and get caught on xbox you can get permanently banned. I do stress "can" stats for how often this happens are somewhat obscure.

Paying someone gold in game to join a group to do some sort of content doesn't violate any TOS.

People were banned in a previous situation because they were exploiting the game, not because they were taking payment.

I was talking about modifying the console to allow the use of the skin you have too modify the console first too do it there are "protective" things that need to be bypassed in consoles in order for it to work. UNLESS it really is a glitch with the game itself however "skins" dont randomly appear from glitches.

TDLR: Its against XBOX ToS to modify the console hense why modders in GTA tend to get banned because they've already modded their console and then their game and not in a PC modding way either.

If someone is modifying their console then it is up to Microsoft to ban them for violating their terms of service. Report them to Microsoft so that can be handled.
  • BadSerpico
    BadSerpico
    ✭✭✭
    I had to actually yell at a guild member last night, because he was going, "yeah, it'll be so easy." *Pounds head into desk.*

Wow
  • SoLooney
    SoLooney
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zos, do the right thing, u were on point with the initial ban waves last time, you can do it again.

so many people who dont deserve the skin flaunting it like they earned it.
  • XiDiabolismiX
    XiDiabolismiX
    ✭✭✭
    [Quoted post has been removed.]

Quite a few people actually. People with good morals, integrity, and hard working attitudes. Everyone’s entitled to their own opinion, but it just so happens that yours is wrong.

Adios muchacho
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on May 18, 2018 11:04PM
  • BadSerpico
    BadSerpico
    ✭✭✭
    [Quoted post has been removed.]

A lot of players give a bleep, read the thread and you will see.
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on May 18, 2018 11:05PM