Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Will there be compensation for those ... ...

Mijialegenrb18_ESO
I must start with apologizing. I am here to whine.

We are bringing the North American megaserver down for maintenance. We'll let everyone know when this operation is over as soon as we have an update. Thanks for your patience!

My patience is clearly running out.
I took 2 days no pay leave to play this early access, in which clearly, is not accessible for many hours now.

I wanted an edge over other players.
I wanted to complete all the soon to be crowded zones after official launch.
I wanted to have items crafted for sale when the majority is joining us.
I bought this edition for the early access. This particular part of the Imperial Edition deal made me swipe the credit card.
I wanted to be seen as a pro " trust me! Been there, did that."
I wanted to start pvp early to get use to the map and tactics.
I wanted to be the know all pretentious evil Yoda what has been around forever.

(edge over other players: meaning more experience and early game access, please don't go "Imperial Edition not pay to win" etc. More like pay to grind a few days earlier than others.)

All my above hopes and wishes now shattered.
5 days is 120 hours.
How will ZOS compensate my real life and in game losses, both physical and metal? (e.g. now when I tell people I paid for the early access, they might ask me how was the downtime? Thus, instead of me being the arrogant show-off in-game, I'll have to say sorry for being so stupid. Paying in advance was never smart. I'll be like on my slow donkey, on my Imperial templar, watching the late comers running pass me naked as a sorcerer spamming bound armor laughing at my decision to trust that ZOS was giving me a great deal.)

I feel really really bad.

Don't want another pet. Bank slots so expensive. So little bag space.
Don't want a slow pony with attitude. Which always kicks me off and disappear from time to time.
Don't want extra game time because it wouldn't be early access.

I am actually semi serious about all the internal struggles and external pressure I am currently undergoing.

Fellow players, help! Low on magicka, cannot heal meself. Next dose of magicka being delivered next month.

Why aren't the EU servers down?
Why should us on NA servers be suffering from all this pain and waiting?

• Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    I honestly can't tell if this is a poor attempt at satire or you really are this sad.
  • Lazarus_Long
    Lazarus_Long
    ✭✭✭
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/64824/eso-north-american-megaserver-downtime-4-1-to-4-2#latest

Be glad they fixing the issue now instead of next week. If they didn't then those masses you want to avoid could log in and see you bank and USE your bank.
    Edited by Lazarus_Long on April 2, 2014 2:47PM
    The List For Living - A guide for new or troubled players

Hey Jute, get in my bag
    Take a lag spike and make it better
    Remember to let research play its part
    Then you can start to make a sweater

The Bohemian Auction House
  • Emperor_Maximus
    Emperor_Maximus
    Soul Shriven
    I seriously hope this was a late april fools joke otherwise you really need to get your life priorities in straight and quit being a narcissistic prick. I agree the downtime has been lame and long but a few hours isn't going to make you a pro at this game.
  • murpf
    murpf
    .....brand new mmo, bugs and server downs are to be expected.
  • pennaceb14_ESO
    Put points into your magicka.
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shimond wrote: »
    I honestly can't tell if this is a poor attempt at satire or you really are this sad.

It has to be satire, right? No one could have skipped the 9 threads on the same topic at the top of this forum. Right? Please?
    ----
    Murray?
  • Lalai
    Lalai
    ✭✭✭✭
    Haha+I+can+t+tell+if+your+being+serious+or+not+_bbcd221dda8c5fdac92882515a19f13f.png
    Fisher extraordinaire!
    Send me your worms, crawlers, guts, and insect parts.
    Templar Healer
    Daggerfall Covenant, NA
  • SpireofSouls
    SpireofSouls
    ✭✭
    Well i doubt if they will add gametime for those who make a mistake. Just have to go with the flow. I agreed, should get something out of this, dont see how til after 30days free expired.
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shimond wrote: »
    I'm leaning to the "he's for real' view, which is kind of worrying.
  • Stautmeister
    Stautmeister
    ✭✭✭
    Didnt you have 3 days of being able to play? which is 72 hours?
    I feel worse for the people getting 3 day acces.
    Early acces was not part of the imperial/explorers package. Its a bonus they added.
    Downtime has to do with people logging in on other peoples account.
    While its annoying for you, it needs to be fixed ASAP.
    The reason why its on NA and not EU could be due to server acces from client. Which is login server dependant.

An orc marrying a wood elf?! Enjoy your Borsimer mutants!
  • Mijialegenrb18_ESO
    Been clicking on refresh the whole day on the server status page.
    It wasn't an attempt at writing a satire. It's really me being sad and frustrated.

I know new mmo have issues. I know there are necessary fixes.

Thanks for the link from the dev. My friend told me about it, haven't read it myself until now.

BUT

As I have stated. I am just whining.
    The sadness is true. I'll be going back to work tomorrow. I'll still be logging on and playing ESO. But just not early access. Just no more pretending to be pro jackass attitude in-game.

Thanks for all your time.

But time is something we all have right now.

• fredarbonab14_ESO
    fredarbonab14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was quite creative. I am still downloading, and had early access, guess that is a moot point now.
  • Trouvo
    Trouvo
    ✭✭✭
    *facenirn
    Bloodline|RP Guild|Ebonheart Pact