The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Bgs scoring favors classes with executes

• wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ate an 8,219 damage Power of the Light last night, but 5-6k is indeed much more typical.
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    casparian wrote: »
    usmguy1234 wrote: »
    Beardimus wrote: »
    It's allllll about Dem kills. I can bring a PvE build in with loads of AOE and get similar stats. Assists dont help the team win tho its about burst and finishing then off.

Only death match has the kill goal...

I still stick to the point that it's not exactly right to do 90% of the damage to get robbed by sorc or 2h spamming execute.

'robbed' by a team mate that's helping you win? Or your score more important than team?

I do hear your point. Tho Templars have the mother of all executes no?

Not since about a year ago. Have you tried using Jesus Beam in PVP recently? It's literally outhealed by Vigor these days.

Pretty sure he was referring to PotL.

That's not an execute and it only hits for 5-6k.

Mine has nearly a 25k tooltip.

That's very high for no-CP BGs; you must have well over 40k magicka without CP, which is an unusual build. Even so, that's getting reduced by Battle Spirit (now we're at 12.5k) and then again by spell resist (35% or so is common; now we're at 8125). More standard builds will only have around a 19-20k tooltip in BGs, which is only going to hit for around 6k at best on an opponent in medium or light armor.

potl is the stam morph... does it not scale off of stam, wep damage and stam cp modifiers? And that number is with cp. Honestly, I don't see many execute hitting harder than 7k in no cp.
    Edited by usmguy1234 on April 24, 2018 1:17PM
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wheem_ESO wrote: »
    I ate an 8,219 damage Power of the Light last night, but 5-6k is indeed much more typical.

I agree but to be honest I don't see many executives hitting harder than that in no cp. The highest I've seen is sorc execute and that was around 7k or so.
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Calling PoTL/Purifying light an execute is like calling Curse, Inevitable detonation, or Shalks an execute.

It's pretty hard-hitting delayed damage, so if your opponent is lining up burst well it has a good chance of being on your death recap, but it's hardly an execute.

....I only use Jesus Beam on glass cannon, full damage builds anymore. It's only real utility on a more balanced build is screwing over dodgerollers, but lightning staff heavies+oblivion enchant does almost the same thing.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's allllll about Dem kills. I can bring a PvE build in with loads of AOE and get similar stats. Assists dont help the team win tho its about burst and finishing then off.

I still stick to the point that it's not exactly right to do 90% of the damage to get robbed by sorc or 2h spamming execute.

'robbed' by a team mate that's helping you win? Or your score more important than team?

Not since about a year ago. Have you tried using Jesus Beam in PVP recently? It's literally outhealed by Vigor these days.

That's very high for no-CP BGs; you must have well over 40k magicka without CP, which is an unusual build. Even so, that's getting reduced by Battle Spirit (now we're at 12.5k) and then again by spell resist (35% or so is common; now we're at 8125). More standard builds will only have around a 19-20k tooltip in BGs, which is only going to hit for around 6k at best on an opponent in medium or light armor.

potl is the stam morph... does it not scale off of stam, wep damage and stam cp modifiers? And that number is with cp. Honestly, I don't see many execute hitting harder than 7k in no cp.

My bad; thought we were talking about magplar. At any rate, all the math is the same for POTL. POTL does not scale off weapon damage, only max stam and direct/physical damage CP.

I agree that Purifying/POTL hit about as hard as most executes do in no-CP, but this all started because I was replying to someone who said that templars have "the mother of all executes", implying whatever he was talking about outperforms other executes. Magplar hasn't had anything like that in a long time, since Jesus Beam was nerfed twice in 2017.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magplar hasn't had anything like that in a long time, since Jesus Beam was nerfed twice in 2017.

2018 Jesus Beam is still paying for the sins of 2016 Jesus Beam.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Magplar hasn't had anything like that in a long time, since Jesus Beam was nerfed twice in 2017.

Father forgive us, for we have sinned.

There, we said it. Can we have proper % damage done scaling now?

Okay, I'm done hijacking this thread. I don't even play no-CP anymore; I don't know what I'm doing here.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Calling PoTL/Purifying light an execute is like calling Curse, Inevitable detonation, or Shalks an execute.

It's pretty hard-hitting delayed damage, so if your opponent is lining up burst well it has a good chance of being on your death recap, but it's hardly an execute.

....I only use Jesus Beam on glass cannon, full damage builds anymore. It's only real utility on a more balanced build is screwing over dodgerollers, but lightning staff heavies+oblivion enchant does almost the same thing.

Yet a majority of stamplars prefer it to whirlwind and it's morphs. I don't see many stamplars running 2h except on their buff bar. I think that will probably change some after the next patch.
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk

• usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My bad; thought we were talking about magplar. At any rate, all the math is the same for POTL. POTL does not scale off weapon damage, only max stam and direct/physical damage CP.

I agree that Purifying/POTL hit about as hard as most executes do in no-CP, but this all started because I was replying to someone who said that templars have "the mother of all executes", implying whatever he was talking about outperforms other executes. Magplar hasn't had anything like that in a long time, since Jesus Beam was nerfed twice in 2017.

Right and I realize how poorly jbeam performs as of late hence why I thought he was talking about potl/purify. They do decent damage, are stackable if my memory serves me correct, and one morph does a small armor debuff... sounds pretty strong to me.
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk

• usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They just put the old jbeam in an undaunted set and named it zaan.
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk

• Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Except at less than half/just over 1/3 the range - among other things. It is not even a thing to get out of Zaan. Unless you're bad.
    (As a non user of Zaan)
    Edited by Mureel on April 24, 2018 1:54PM
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mureel wrote: »

Except at less than half/just over 1/3 the range - among other things. It is not even a thing to get out of Zaan. Unless you're bad.
    (As a non user of Zaan)

Its effectiveness is definitely situational. Solo isn't bad but if you get stuck in elder-snares-online-odiil you're going to have a bad time. Especially as a magicka user that is keyholed by their class to being a vamp to be mobile. Yet again I will clarify that this is all situational. All Zos needs to fix on zaan is for it to not clip through objects.
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk

• ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the 100th time, this is another issue two teams would fix.
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • Diddly_D_Potatoes
    Diddly_D_Potatoes
    ✭✭✭
    BG scoring favours those that look up how medals are allocated on the ingame help section and play to maximise their medal gain.

Someone should totes copy paste that onto the forums. I've looked, I can't find it listed anywhere other than the ingame help.