The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Bgs scoring favors classes with executes

usmguy1234
usmguy1234
✭✭✭✭✭
Title really says it all. Took my mdk to bgs and have been having a lot of fun. It just stinks that I always get middle of the group rank or lower yet I average 10+ assists every bg. One game I had 23+ assists yet only 5 kills. Zos please fix this.
Edited by usmguy1234 on April 21, 2018 8:34PM
Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
Eirius- Altmer Magdk
Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's allllll about Dem kills. I can bring a PvE build in with loads of AOE and get similar stats. Assists dont help the team win tho its about burst and finishing then off.

Only death match has the kill goal...
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    It's allllll about Dem kills. I can bring a PvE build in with loads of AOE and get similar stats. Assists dont help the team win tho its about burst and finishing then off.

I still stick to the point that it's not exactly right to do 90% of the damage to get robbed by sorc or 2h spamming execute.
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You mean executes favors who gets the kill rather than score? For example I played a game yesterday, both teams had 2 sorcs, we didn't have any. I went 10-4-26 with 800k damage and got the top score still which was 4972.

Top Sorc on the green team 3804 and the top sorc on purple 2422. Both teams still took the L.
  • bardx86
    bardx86
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well BG's favor Stam tank classes in general. It's not easy wearing a dress in BG's!
    Edited by bardx86 on April 22, 2018 12:02AM
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bardx86 wrote: »
    Well BG's favor Stam tank classes in general. It's not easy wearing a dress in BG's!

I know. Sometimes I dream of using two skills to kill everything but I get bored easily.

Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk

• Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    usmguy1234 wrote: »

I know. Sometimes I dream of using two skills to kill everything but I get bored easily.

"Group with a sorc!" they said

"You'll get plenty of kills!" they said

330939b679.jpg

f(*&ing assists.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Deep_01
    Deep_01
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't killing blow and assist have same no of points awarded??
    @Deepan on PC-EU
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deep_01 wrote: »

Not to my ego, they don't.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

• Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Only in deathmatches.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I still stick to the point that it's not exactly right to do 90% of the damage to get robbed by sorc or 2h spamming execute.

'robbed' by a team mate that's helping you win? Or your score more important than team?

I do hear your point. Tho Templars have the mother of all executes no?
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Title really says it all. Took my mdk to bgs and have been having a lot of fun. It just stinks that I always get middle of the group rank or lower yet I average 10+ assists every bg. One game I had 23+ assists yet only 5 kills. Zos please fix this.

BG scoring favors classes that play the match objective, you mean...
    Only one mode (weirdly) gives you rank points based on kills, and that's deathmatch. And I'd say you only get deathmatch 2 out of 10 queues.
    If you're worried about being "middle of the pack" in score, stop playing deathmatch in every mode. Carry the ball....get some flags...run a few relics. You are scoring low in these matches because killing is the secondary objective. Yes, it looks good to see 18 kills 2 deaths and 13 assists, but it means nothing outside of deathmatch. Your score has nothing to do with kills.
    Edited by Kel on April 22, 2018 9:59AM
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »

"Group with a sorc!" they said

"You'll get plenty of kills!" they said

330939b679.jpg

f(*&ing assists.

See this? Looks nice, but he's third on his team in score and his team lost...
    You want a higher score? Play the match objective.
    But don't worry. Summerset will let you queue for any match type, then you can complain about kills...

*Edit for spelling*
    Edited by Kel on April 22, 2018 10:08AM
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jabrone77 wrote: »

Only one mode (weirdly) gives you rank points based on kills, and that's deathmatch. And I'd say you only get deathmatch 2 out of 10 queues.
    If you're worried about being "middle of the pack" in score, stop playing deathmatch in every mode. Carry the ball....get some flags...run a few relics. You are scoring low in these matches because killing is the secondary objective. Yes, it looks good to see 18 kills 2 deaths and 13 assists, but it means nothing outside of deathmatch. Your score has nothing to do with kills.

And sometimes objectively means killing stuff fast whether that means clearing a flag or protecting a relic runner or dropping the sod with the chaos ball.
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk

• usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭

'robbed' by a team mate that's helping you win? Or your score more important than team?

As a solo person I only care if the team seems to care. Most of the time I'm stuck with low cp teammates that just want to snipe and cloak things to death.
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk

• Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And sometimes objectively means killing stuff fast whether that means clearing a flag or protecting a relic runner or dropping the sod with the chaos ball.

The question (or statement) was about the low score in battlegrounds in relation to kills.
    I never said killing wasn't an objective, I said it was the secondary objective in most battlegrounds.
    Not sure what point you are trying to make, but we are saying the same thing. You just don't get a score for that, and you were wondering why your scores were low. Just killing stuff isn't going to get you a higher score in all but one match. See in the screen shot how the guy with zero kills scored higher than the guy with 43 kills?
    That's battleground scoring in ESO. You want your score higher, play the objective once in awhile.
    Edited by Kel on April 22, 2018 5:08PM
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The question (or statement) was about the low score in battlegrounds in relation to kills.
    I never said killing wasn't an objective, I said it was the secondary objective in most battlegrounds.
    Not sure what point you are trying to make, but we are saying the same thing. You just don't get a score for that, and you were wondering why your scores were low. Just killing stuff isn't going to get you a higher score in all but one match. See in the screen shot how the guy with zero kills scored higher than the guy with 43 kills?
    That's battleground scoring in ESO. You want your score higher, play the objective once in awhile.

Ok. I guess some of it was confusion on my part. I thought you could get kill related medals for every version of bg, hence why I thought kill stealing was a problem.
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk

• Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's battleground scoring in ESO. You want your score higher to win, play the objective once in awhile every single match.

:)
    Aznox
    PC EU
    Khajiit Orc Bosmer Stamina Sorcerer and Werewolf Stage 3 Vampire
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Theorycrafting enthusiast
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aznox wrote: »
    That's battleground scoring in ESO. You want your score higher to win, play the objective once in awhile every single match.

:)

I wish...oh how I wish.....
  • del9
    del9
    ✭✭✭✭
    In flag games assists get you 100 but KBs get you nothing or maybe 5 if its the relic carrier? So in this case being a finisher is punished.. hmmm
    PCNA

• del9
    del9
    ✭✭✭✭

Yes but in DM KB's get you other medals like double/triple kill, first blood etc

unknown.png

Edited by del9 on April 23, 2018 6:31PM
    PCNA

• Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice dmg fred

• UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In b4 this becomes a nerf sorc thread...
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UppGRAYxDD wrote: »
    In b4 this becomes a nerf sorc thread...

Hopefully people will read the discussion and not fall subject to confirmation bias... no wait, you're probably right.
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk

• casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Not since about a year ago. Have you tried using Jesus Beam in PVP recently? It's literally outhealed by Vigor these days.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    casparian wrote: »

Not since about a year ago. Have you tried using Jesus Beam in PVP recently? It's literally outhealed by Vigor these days.

Pretty sure he was referring to PotL.
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk

• casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

That's not an execute and it only hits for 5-6k.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cheesus. Can't anyone just have fun? I love bgs and I get a lot of assists and some kills and a fair few deaths. Just have fun and let the math add itself.

Not telling anyone how to play- mind you! Just making a suggestion of actually having fun over numbers. <3
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Cheesus Beam.
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Mine has nearly a 25k tooltip.
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk

• casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Mine has nearly a 25k tooltip.

That's very high for no-CP BGs; you must have well over 40k magicka without CP, which is an unusual build. Even so, that's getting reduced by Battle Spirit (now we're at 12.5k) and then again by spell resist (35% or so is common; now we're at 8125). More standard builds will only have around a 19-20k tooltip in BGs, which is only going to hit for around 6k at best on an opponent in medium or light armor.