The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Acuity Procs vs Scathing Mage Procs Bug

laksikus
laksikus
✭✭✭✭✭
Last year after they changed twisting path from proccing I went and tested alot of stuff about it. My results were that every DOT could proc Scathing Mage on its first tick. That included all DOTs, ground aoe aswell as skills that had a direct dmg tick aswell as a dot after it (like Cripple and Clench of Destruction, they had a double chance to proc scathing)

So on PTS they changed Acuity, and I tried to test it, aswell as Scathing and Nerieneth.
I tried like 45min now several tactics where i spammed the skills on a group of target dummies or changed between 2 seperate where i changed direction of the skill every time, so the skills hit the targets after another.
My results were strange and i cant rly explain them.

Scathing:
Unlike last year after Morrowind i couldnt proc scathing mage from twisting path first ticks (i could after Morrowind). but i could proc it from wall of element first ticks and from endless hail first ticks and some other dots first ticks aswell. I scanned my combat reports to make sure that it didnt proc of burning or enchant, so im sure that it was proced by Wall of elements

Acuity/Nerieneth: I couldnt proc Acuity with Wall of elements at all. Pretty strange, cos wall of element procs scathing. I tried several other dots aswell none could proc Acuity, with one exception that proced Acuity ONCE. Twisting path proced Acuity one time in 45min testing.

z0g7ev1hwokj.png

As you can see the only damage i did was from literally spamming twisting path on multiple dummies. It never proced before on ticks and never after.

my first thought was that apperently some dots crits count as direct dmg cos they proced scathing and noncrits doesnt count as direct dmg, but then those ticks should have also proced acuity. If the scathing is 20% from crit hits and acuity 15% from all hits, acuity should have proced way more often cos my crit% was around 30% only.
And even that wouldnt explain why i got one single Acuity proc from twisting during my whole testing session.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
I dont know what devs area this is, so pls redirect the thread to them :) Something rly strange is going on
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's the problem of flagging each skill independently instead of using a more structured system. The game proved a lot of time now that every skill, passive and set seem to be manually tagged with other mechanisms, and that's the reason why we have so much weird thing like this. As some people says, potato code.
    I don't have a problem with that, it's not my code after all, but I find sad that we run into so much bugs and strange behaviors because of that.

By the way, good catch and thanks for the test, I hope that the dev team will be able to fix it (and if needed, change some things accordingly) !
  • Erraln
    Erraln
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good info, well explained. Now they'll fix first ticks from proccing other direct damage sets, if they read it at all.

:|
  • Archon_Ravage
    I bet that they do read them, but when relied this could be at the bottom of a vary large stack of "other stuff that needs to be looked at." Since the set works well enough I kinda doubt we'd see a change, but my magblade can hope.
  • laksikus
    laksikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Erraln wrote: »
    Good info, well explained. Now they'll fix first ticks from proccing other direct damage sets, if they read it at all.

I suspect them reading the thread has the same chances as them fixing the bug afterwards^^
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Erraln wrote: »

Technically speaking the first DOT tick is direct dmg, you cast an ability and it directly deals dmg.

Still weird that sets with the same prerequisites get procced by different conditions.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Zorgon_The_Revenged
    Zorgon_The_Revenged
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I gave up trying to understand this game after I threw an aurora javelin on my templar and proc'd valkyn scoria.
  • Rjizzle09
    Rjizzle09
    ✭✭✭
    If it isnt summerset stuff tjey arent gonna look at it right now. We have 1000s of base game things that need looking at. Lots of old sets have never been looked at and stuff like that. They need to fix the base game instead of piling new things on top of broken old things, or every new thing they implement will continue to have tons of bugs
  • Springt-Über-Zwerge
    Springt-Über-Zwerge
    ✭✭✭✭
    I gave up trying to understand this game after I threw an aurora javelin on my templar and proc'd valkyn scoria.

Valkyn also procs from the initial damage of Purifying Light.
    PC,EU, EP
    Der-über-Zwerge-springt (Argonian, Magplar), Surtur Velothi (Dunmer, Magdk), Jaqene H'ghar (Imperial, Stamblade), Puppyslayer (Orc, Stamdk), Dagoth Era (Dunmer, Magblade), Æthmon Trevas (Altmer, Magsorc), Der-Zuletzt-Lacht (Argonian, Magden), Sir-Lanzeflott (Redguard, Stamplar)
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Valkyn also procs from the initial damage of Purifying Light.

And Toppling Charge. :D
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.