The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

Players Exploiting VAS HM on Xbox1 NA, will ZOS ban Players like before?

BadSerpico
BadSerpico
✭✭✭
There has been recent activity on VAS Exploiters Skin Sellers and my question is this. How was this allowed to happened and did ZOS stop sweeping the Game data after the first group of bans? If so why and how long has it truly been happening? Please get to the bottom of this
Edited by BadSerpico on May 18, 2018 2:52PM
  • MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There's barely anything PvE related to sell & since people are selling skins you take offense to that? If they aren't cheating then let them take people through vAS and sell them the skin if you can't deal with it then ignore them or quit the game.

[Edit to remove discussing moderator actions]
    Edited by [Deleted User] on May 28, 2018 2:08AM
    不動の Steadfast - Unwavering
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    XB1 Maxwell Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Redguard Stamina DK
    XB1 Max Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Brenton Magicka DK
    PC Maxwell-Crystal - NA DC - CP 200+ Brenton Magicka DK 「Retired」
    Band Camp statements: To state "But this one time I saw X doing X... so that justifies X" Refers to the Band camp statement.
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
  • Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MaxwellC wrote: »
    There's barely anything PvE related to sell & since people are selling skins you take offense to that? If they aren't cheating then let them take people through vAS and sell them the skin if you can't deal with it then ignore them or quit the game.

Agreed, the sky is falling... Who really cares over a ugly cosmetic!?
    Edited by [Deleted User] on May 17, 2018 2:08AM
    Xbox one EU
    8 Flawless conquerors on all class specs (4 stam, 4 magicka)
    Doesn't stand in red
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm fairly certain it's only a ban worthy offense if exploits or real money transactions are happening. If they are being sold for in game gold, while possibly looked down upon by the community, is not breaking rules. Proof has to be obtained for real money transactions which is hard to get since its all handled outside of the game.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • xeNNNNN
    xeNNNNN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sigtric wrote: »
    I'm fairly certain it's only a ban worthy offense if exploits or real money transactions are happening. If they are being sold for in game gold, while possibly looked down upon by the community, is not breaking rules. Proof has to be obtained for real money transactions which is hard to get since its all handled outside of the game.

Its against xbox ToS, regardless of whether or not you do it with money or gold, if you modify the console or any game on the console and get caught on xbox you can get permanently banned. I do stress "can" stats for how often this happens are somewhat obscure.
    Ah, e-communities - the "pinnacle" of the internet............yeah, right.
  • Ihatenightblades
    Ihatenightblades
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Umm the thing is they are using a glitch to do it op didnt mention but im pretty sure they are using a glitch since i seen ( “selling vas skin must have snipe and caltrops” ) in zone chat all over craglorn and wayrest even deshaan

This needs to be addressed i worked for 2 weeks straight progressing through plus 1 and eventually got to +2 and have completed plus 2 on my healer and magsorc if people are sniping this skin like they do maw then whats the point of even wearing skins everybody is gonna assume you bought it..

Just ruins the integrity of the game imo if it doesnt for you then thats great all power to you. But i would love for these players to get banned even though theres no way zos can track them since its not the weekly and it would be tough to prove cheating without real video evidence.

Just sucks if you worked hard for it and you see low levels wearing it who dont even pve.

Il stick to my hof skin and scp skin for now atleast those are 100% earned.
  • Soleya
    Soleya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xeNNNNN wrote: »

Its against xbox ToS, regardless of whether or not you do it with money or gold, if you modify the console or any game on the console and get caught on xbox you can get permanently banned. I do stress "can" stats for how often this happens are somewhat obscure.

Paying someone gold in game to join a group to do some sort of content doesn't violate any TOS.

People were banned in a previous situation because they were exploiting the game, not because they were taking payment.
  • FearAndPatching
    FearAndPatching
    ✭✭✭
    The first group got perma banned cause nobody had even beat VAS on HM yet and than they glitch it than go trotting and bragging about it all over the place. Also heard they than taking real money afterward to take people along for glitch.

VAS is old news now so it’s not going to garner the same attention as people glitching for HM clears 2 days after the content dropped. Besides ZOS is going to have to ban probably close to 500 or more people on Xbox NA alone. They have their hands full with Summerset dropping too so while it is messed up it’s not exactly a top priority right now.

Xbox NA Aldmeri Dominion 1,000 CP+

High Elf, MagSorc, Flawless Conquerer, Master Crafter 9 Trait Everything
    Khajiit, Stamblade, Flawless Conquerer
    Dark Elf, MagDK, Flawless Conquerer
    Imperial StamWard, Flawless Conquerer
    Breton, MagPlar, Flawless Conquerer
    Dark Eld, MagBlade, Flawless Conquerer

Inspirational quote to live by

“Feed a man a fish he’ll eat for a day, turn a man into a fish he’s a fish for life”
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I sell motif sets to people who can’t pvp all the time

I sell gear to people who can’t craft it all the time

But I’m not allowed to buy something in game with game gold for in game services.
  • BadSerpico
    BadSerpico
    ✭✭✭
    I will Edit post it was glitching with caltrops selling skins
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The entire Xbox server is down. Im sure the bans for people exploiting a glitch to get a cosmetic is top priority.
  • BadSerpico
    BadSerpico
    ✭✭✭
    Apache_Kid wrote: »
    The entire Xbox server is down. Im sure the bans for people exploiting a glitch to get a cosmetic is top priority.

It is to those that were banned for the exact same thing months ago
  • BadSerpico
    BadSerpico
    ✭✭✭

I miss titled the post, they were glitching, comments??
  • BadSerpico
    BadSerpico
    ✭✭✭
    Koolio wrote: »
    I sell motif sets to people who can’t pvp all the time

I sell gear to people who can’t craft it all the time

But I’m not allowed to buy something in game with game gold for in game services.

They have been glitching it.
  • BadSerpico
    BadSerpico
    ✭✭✭
    The first group got perma banned cause nobody had even beat VAS on HM yet and than they glitch it than go trotting and bragging about it all over the place. Also heard they than taking real money afterward to take people along for glitch.

VAS is old news now so it’s not going to garner the same attention as people glitching for HM clears 2 days after the content dropped. Besides ZOS is going to have to ban probably close to 500 or more people on Xbox NA alone. They have their hands full with Summerset dropping too so while it is messed up it’s not exactly a top priority right now.

So are you saying forgot about the recent exploiting? Or revisit it after Summerset drops? And those that were banned from before?
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Selling, fine. Exploiting, not.

If they are exploiting, then it needs to go and bans need to happen.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • xeNNNNN
    xeNNNNN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soleya wrote: »
    xeNNNNN wrote: »

Paying someone gold in game to join a group to do some sort of content doesn't violate any TOS.

People were banned in a previous situation because they were exploiting the game, not because they were taking payment.

I was talking about modifying the console to allow the use of the skin you have too modify the console first too do it there are "protective" things that need to be bypassed in consoles in order for it to work. UNLESS it really is a glitch with the game itself however "skins" dont randomly appear from glitches.

TDLR: Its against XBOX ToS to modify the console hense why modders in GTA tend to get banned because they've already modded their console and then their game and not in a PC modding way either.
    Edited by xeNNNNN on May 17, 2018 1:07AM
    Ah, e-communities - the "pinnacle" of the internet............yeah, right.
  • sevomd69
    sevomd69
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who cares if they sell a skin like get over yourself bro; There's barely anything PvE related to sell & since people are selling skins you take offense to that? If they aren't cheating then let them take people through vAS and sell them the skin if you can't deal with it then ignore them or quit the game.

Umm the thing is they are using a glitch to do it op didnt mention but im pretty sure they are using a glitch since i seen ( “selling vas skin must have snipe and caltrops” ) in zone chat all over craglorn and wayrest even deshaan

This needs to be addressed i worked for 2 weeks straight progressing through plus 1 and eventually got to +2 and have completed plus 2 on my healer and magsorc if people are sniping this skin like they do maw then whats the point of even wearing skins everybody is gonna assume you bought it..

Just ruins the integrity of the game imo if it doesnt for you then thats great all power to you. But i would love for these players to get banned even though theres no way zos can track them since its not the weekly and it would be tough to prove cheating without real video evidence.

Just sucks if you worked hard for it and you see low levels wearing it who dont even pve.

Do you know how many times...In the almost 3 years of playing this game I have noticed whether a player had skin on or not...never mind which skin he/she had on...and then ruminated in my mind whether he/she paid for a carry...and then felt my existence to be worthless because I "assumed" that he/she got his/her skin through nefarious methods...Do you know how many times that this has happened... ZERO...but don't fret... if I ever see you in game I will bow in deference to your "earned" skin...but in the meantime...just know that "everybody" doesn't give 2 snits about how you or anybody obtained said skin...
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well they can’t keep the servers online this week so it’ll have to wait.

Seems pretty obvious that ppl are going to keep doing this type of stuff so the cause and effect needs to change.

Banning isn’t going to work as it needs to be a bigger action in accordance with Xbox live gold account and IP address type of stuff
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • FearAndPatching
    FearAndPatching
    ✭✭✭
    BadSerpico wrote: »

So are you saying forgot about the recent exploiting? Or revisit it after Summerset drops? And those that were banned from before?

I’m saying the people who were originally banned for glitching hard mode were wreckless and stupid about how they handled theirselves after doing it. They glitched it which you don’t get a score for prior to anyone on the server actually beating the place on hardmode. So literally all ZOS had to do is check and see if suspected players that had silver surfer skin had a leaderboard score and when they didn’t that was a red flag.

Players have been legit clearing HM VAS for months now so there is plenty of cover up and will involve much more investigation for ZOS to find players that glitched it now. Not to mention they have entire Xbox server down right now, new chapter of game coming in 2 weeks, 1,000,000 different things of balance this nerf that nerf this on forums people complaining about.

Point is it may be a big issue and I don’t support people doing it but their are larger issues at hand for ZOS to deal with.
    Xbox NA Aldmeri Dominion 1,000 CP+

High Elf, MagSorc, Flawless Conquerer, Master Crafter 9 Trait Everything
    Khajiit, Stamblade, Flawless Conquerer
    Dark Elf, MagDK, Flawless Conquerer
    Imperial StamWard, Flawless Conquerer
    Breton, MagPlar, Flawless Conquerer
    Dark Eld, MagBlade, Flawless Conquerer

Inspirational quote to live by

“Feed a man a fish he’ll eat for a day, turn a man into a fish he’s a fish for life”
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This needs to be addressed i worked for 2 weeks straight progressing through plus 1 and eventually got to +2 and have completed plus 2 on my healer and magsorc if people are sniping this skin like they do maw then whats the point of even wearing skins everybody is gonna assume you bought it.
    WAAA HAAA HAAAA HAAA HAAA HAA HAA HAAAAA

Can't stop laughing at the bold.

The only time I've ever questioned anyone's items is "I wonder how much that [birds chirping] wasted on crates trying to get that ugly mount."

Edit: awww... ninja'd by sevomd69 :wink:

Edited by Violynne on May 17, 2018 1:29AM
  • BadSerpico
    BadSerpico
    ✭✭✭
    sevomd69 wrote: »

Do you know how many times...In the almost 3 years of playing this game I have noticed whether a player had skin on or not...never mind which skin he/she had on...and then ruminated in my mind whether he/she paid for a carry...and then felt my existence to be worthless because I "assumed" that he/she got his/her skin through nefarious methods...Do you know how many times that this has happened... ZERO...but don't fret... if I ever see you in game I will bow in deference to your "earned" skin...but in the meantime...just know that "everybody" doesn't give 2 snits about how you or anybody obtained said skin...

It’s more of the fact that they banned previous players that had 3 plus years into the game and the same standard should apply now to exploiters
    Edited by [Deleted User] on May 17, 2018 2:09AM
  • csa5376
    csa5376
    Soul Shriven
    Never have I witnessed the amount of soap boxing about something that doesn't improve game play in almost 15 years of gaming. This forum is a toxic space for individuals that don't know how to handle their rage towards something that doesn't even matter. If you want to talk about relevant things, talk about the endless amount of things that are bugged in this game, instead of a cosmetic item that you obviously aren't good enough to get.
  • BadSerpico
    BadSerpico
    ✭✭✭
    csa5376 wrote: »
    Never have I witnessed the amount of soap boxing about something that doesn't improve game play in almost 15 years of gaming. This forum is a toxic space for individuals that don't know how to handle their rage towards something that doesn't even matter. If you want to talk about relevant things, talk about the endless amount of things that are bugged in this game, instead of a cosmetic item that you obviously aren't good enough to get.

So exploiting a bugged trial is not a bug?
  • csa5376
    csa5376
    Soul Shriven
    Obviously it is, but in the grand scheme of things does earning a cosmetic item effect game play for everyone else?
  • Ihatenightblades
    Ihatenightblades
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obviously it is, but in the grand scheme of things does earning a cosmetic item effect game play for everyone else?

No just integrity
  • BadSerpico
    BadSerpico
    ✭✭✭

And previous exploiters were banned and lost everything so yeah it matters to ban all exploiters
  • The_Brosteen
    The_Brosteen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forums reaction to exploiting then" OH MUR GUUUUDD PERMA BAN PLZ

Exploiting now= meh, who cares
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Meh, it’s just a cosmetic skin who cares?
  • BadSerpico
    BadSerpico
    ✭✭✭
    MattT1988 wrote: »
    Meh, it’s just a cosmetic skin who cares?

Not the point
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's on Xbox EU too.... Bring forth the ban hammer