Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can trial jewellery be upgraded to legendary?

Stinkyremy
Stinkyremy
✭✭✭✭✭
I have heard that trial and dungeon jewellery will not be able to be upgraded via the jewellery improvement.
is this true or false?
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can upgrade any jewlery (crafted, drop, purchased form other players etc.)
  • UPrime
    UPrime
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do existing sets drop rings and necklaces with the new Traits?

No. Existing sets do not drop rings and necklaces with the new Traits. If you want your rings and necklaces from existing sets to have the new Traits, they need to be retraited at a Transmutation Station.

Items with the new jewelry Traits can only be sourced from specific in-game activities.

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/26357
  • Erraln
    Erraln
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    False, you will be able to upgrade existing items.

You will not be able to *deconstruct* them.
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You will be able to upgrade trials jewellery, though if you are looking to upgrade them to gold, you might as well do the trial on Vet or HM because it will be waaaay easier getting the gold jewellery that way, then trying to upgrade it with the assinine system they have for jewellery crafting.
    Far too many characters to list any more.
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UPrime wrote: »

No. Existing sets do not drop rings and necklaces with the new Traits. If you want your rings and necklaces from existing sets to have the new Traits, they need to be retraited at a Transmutation Station.

Items with the new jewelry Traits can only be sourced from specific in-game activities.

Well that isn't the OP question at all.......
    Erraln wrote: »
    False
    Nebthet78 wrote: »
    You will be able to upgrade trials jewellery

This is what i thought and the official site said crafted or looted jewellery can be upgraded.
    I guess it was just hearsay, that a few people in game said that you cannot upgrade dungeon, or trial jewellery.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stinkyremy wrote: »

False

This is what i thought and the official site said crafted or looted jewellery can be upgraded.
    I guess it was just hearsay, that a few people in game said that you cannot upgrade dungeon, or trial jewellery.

You're correct, @Stinkyremy.

Though upgrading existing jewelry will be a real pain ... due to the number of improvement dusts needed from purple to gold.

Below is an example of an improved crafted set necklace on PTS:

ALAglr3.png
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

False

Though upgrading existing jewelry will be a real pain ... due to the number of improvement dusts needed from purple to gold.

ALAglr3.png

Deconstructing Purple rings and getting mats will be faster way to improve Jewlery to purple,

Improving Jewllery to Gold will remain very difficult
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

False

ALAglr3.png

Deconstructing Purple rings and getting mats will be faster way to improve Jewlery to purple,

Improving Jewllery to Gold will remain very difficult

Time to decon all the eternal yokedas and VO duplicates we get instead of selling to merchants.
  • bri5
    bri5
    ✭✭✭
    What is that costume you are wearing?
  • Darlon
    Darlon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bri5 wrote: »

Think it is the Tsaesci style / motif...
  • bri5
    bri5
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe the disconnect is this;

If you have the item in your inventory currently when sumerset drops, can you upgrade it vs do i have to farm another alkosh purple ring to be able to upgrade that one.
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Darlon
    Darlon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yodased wrote: »
    I believe the disconnect is this;

If you have the item in your inventory currently when sumerset drops, can you upgrade it vs do i have to farm another alkosh purple ring to be able to upgrade that one.

If you already have it: Upgrading works, deconstructing does not...

• Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darlon wrote: »
    bri5 wrote: »

Think it is the Tsaesci style / motif...

The light armor hat is Tsaesci, but the rest of the gear is Sapiarch medium/heavy.
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Time to decon all the eternal yokedas and VO duplicates we get instead of selling to merchants.

But only after you earn them again once Summerset drops since you can't deconstruct the ones you have earned over the last couple of years.
    Far too many characters to list any more.
  • MajesticHaruki
    MajesticHaruki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Believe me it will be much easier to join a trials guild and do the trial you want on veteran, than actually upgrade the lower tier jewels. In my opinion only overland and dungeon jewels are worth upgrading but if you get a chance to buy them from the golden vendor, even BETTER.
    PC/EU @MajThorax Sorcerer and Housing Decorator prodigy
    In my spare time I collect materials and run away from mudcrabs
  • Elephant42
    Elephant42
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's technically possible, in the same sense that it's technically possible to craft Mythic Aetherial Ambrosia _if_ you find an Aetheric Cipher and _if_ you can find any Aetherial Dust :/
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Believe me it will be much easier to join a trials guild and do the trial you want on veteran, than actually upgrade the lower tier jewels. In my opinion only overland and dungeon jewels are worth upgrading but if you get a chance to buy them from the golden vendor, even BETTER.

I'm not new to the game, I have trial jewellery, it was just that a few people in game have said to me that you will not be able to upgraded dungeon and trial jewellery, which I gathered to be false as the official notice didn't mention it would exclude specific jewellery from improvement.
    I just asked here, on the PTS, to get the quite obvious answer, that these people are misinformed.