Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PvP gone dead (EU PC)

raviour
raviour
✭✭✭✭
Its in a terrible state, all campaigns. Very few care about the sport and map.

All about AP farming, defence is awful, if you try to implement tactics you are treated like a noob that isn't following the farming. D-ticks need doubled.

People say they feel sorry for me for being a person that plays for the map/sport.

NA server is different. EU - AD Vivec, EP Sotha, DC Shor morning caps demoralize real players. This is why Kyne(BwB) continues to be the best server. Sadly this campaign we have had Shor style Emperor trading and players farming friends like Shor for the lame Former Emperor achievement.

EU players need to shape up. Do you want 100s of Grand Overlords and Former Emperors that run away from some real PvP.

Literally no-one that has a brain cares about those titles. Voice of Reason is the only cool title presently.
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ...but... but... but... the dye colour!
  • DRAGON_KILLER_HUNTER
    DRAGON_KILLER_HUNTER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cant do anything about it, just pvp and have some fun. dont take it too seriously
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The matter is:
    Good players want an outnumbered fight, to make their time worth
    Bad players get killed by goodplayers, so they team up in numbers so high they will outswarm good players

The game is made so anyone has an opportunity. Even the most brainless person can spam snipe, and when outnumbering a good player that would eat them in a matter of seconds, they win for scure.

Bring the kind of ulti dinamic back. More ulti generation on how many enemy players there are in the zone: If outnumbered the ulti generation is more
    If overnumbering the ulti generetion is less
    If pair numbers, the ulti generetion is normal.

I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
    -Elder Nightblades Online
    Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
  • raviour
    raviour
    ✭✭✭✭
    @skander nice :)

• UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's because a lot of EU has moved to NA...
    Edited by UppGRAYxDD on April 5, 2018 11:25AM
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree it is fun when people some call a RL noob for playing the map and not the doing AP farming thingy

But you can still have plenty of fun
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Couldn't agree more, Rav.

Its a sad, sad state late in the day, when all the groups playing for the alliance have disbanded and all you see are 3/4-man groups camping resources farming the soloers who come out to investigate...

I don't see many good players wanting an outnumbered fight.. Most I see run away, and only stand and fight when they outnumber their opponent (usually with co-ordinated burst). There's nothing cool about that. (nothing wrong with it either - just don't pretend that its some kind of 'leet' playstylel)

Most 'good players' really just want to farm as many randoms as possible, whether its a ball-group or a 4-man. Otherwise they(4-mand) wouldn't be setting up camp in a resource behind enemy lines waiting for people to come out one by one. Instead you'd be behind your own lines clearing out the other 4-man groups, or in the front-lines seeing how big a chunk of the zerg you can pull apart.

And I do think one of the main causes is the off-peak pv-dooring by certain factions. At least the upcoming changes may help to address it.
    Edited by Biro123 on April 5, 2018 11:41AM
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • AgriyaTheGrey
    AgriyaTheGrey
    ✭✭✭
    ...saw the thread title and the first thought was "Yay! There IS a God after all!"
    Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the obedience of fools.
    -Group Captain Sir Douglas Robert Steuart Bader CBE DSO DFC FRAeS DL
    If a man is correct in his own person, then there will be obedience without orders being given; but if he is not correct in his own person, there will not be obedience even though orders are given.
    -The Lun Yu
  • laksikus
    laksikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvP is far from dead.

AvA kind of is.
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »

Its a sad, sad state late in the day, when all the groups playing for the alliance have disbanded and all you see are 3/4-man groups camping resources farming the soloers who come out to investigate...

I don't see many good players wanting an outnumbered fight.. Most I see run away, and only stand and fight when they outnumber their opponent (usually with co-ordinated burst). There's nothing cool about that. (nothing wrong with it either - just don't pretend that its some kind of 'leet' playstylel)

Most 'good players' really just want to farm as many randoms as possible, whether its a ball-group or a 4-man. Otherwise they(4-mand) wouldn't be setting up camp in a resource behind enemy lines waiting for people to come out one by one. Instead you'd be behind your own lines clearing out the other 4-man groups, or in the front-lines seeing how big a chunk of the zerg you can pull apart.

And I do think one of the main causes is the off-peak pv-dooring by certain factions. At least the upcoming changes may help to address it.

Lol you describe most of the "players looking for good fights".

They Xv1 solos and duos or beginners with their OP 3-6man groups.

Then cry zerg when the newbies gang up on them.

Also even worse is when these groups avoid eachother to kill the easier pugs/unexperienced players. Good fights they say :trollface:

Edit: About pvp dying, in a way it is. We used to have more campaigns with higher population numbers and more players overall in PvP. Sad that the game they announced to be built around battles with hundreds of players on screen turned into this pile of crap.
    Edited by Master_Kas on April 5, 2018 4:15PM
    EU | PC
  • killimandrosb16_ESO
    killimandrosb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Master_Kas wrote: »
    Biro123 wrote: »

Lol you describe most of the "players looking for good fights".

They Xv1 solos and duos or beginners with their OP 3-6man groups.

Then cry zerg when the newbies gang up on them.

Also even worse is when these groups avoid eachother to kill the easier pugs/unexperienced players. Good fights they say :trollface:

Edit: About pvp dying, in a way it is. We used to have more campaigns with higher population numbers and more players overall in PvP. Sad that the game they announced to be built around battles with hundreds of players on screen turned into this pile of crap.

True indeed. Pvp lakes are never more interesting than the first week. After that the early morning zerg faction has always concluded and closed the outcome of the campaign, and can retreat to their pve-content leaving whats left to groups of players as you describe only interested in farming incompetent players. Running around like hamster in a tower, or trying to reach a kiting mage-duo, or watching a pile of wardens on speed roam around your keep thats about it. If theres some groups running around trying to do stuff, they hardly meet any defenders or they attack each others keep at the same time to avoid meeting defenders. Yesterday evening was a low in cyrodiil when blues where one keep away from emp and noone bothered to defend it because it would be rezurged in the morning anyway, and farming or getting farmed around an outpost was more fun. Thats when I logged on to another game.
    Edited by killimandrosb16_ESO on April 5, 2018 5:22PM
  • raviour
    raviour
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Master_Kas you are one of the strongest players EU and a nice person but you are a culprit for leaching Big Boss and Saras morning zergs so you cannot say anything on this thread.

If you really wanted real PvP you would roll a DC or EP and bomb those scrubs.
  • raviour
    raviour
    ✭✭✭✭
    My main beef (Vivec) is DC and AD leaderboards are full of lame AP farmers that give 0 potatoes about the map. At least EP leaderboard in Vivec is full of ZS trolls that are easy to troll in return. These potatoe ball groups that emulate ZS give insane AP because of the constant flag flipping and they mostly just heal or rez.

DC and AD take themselves far too seriously for a bunch of morning cappers and resourcetards (Vivec).

Sotha SIl DC are let AD win to troll the EP morning cappers and "We are 1 bar pop how can we cap anything?". LoL.

Shor is just DC and EP emp trading for some non-apparent reason. Run WW and solo IC bosses if you wanna farm Tel-Var.

Fix up.
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    raviour wrote: »
    @Master_Kas you are one of the strongest players EU and a nice person but you are a culprit for leaching Big Boss and Saras morning zergs so you cannot say anything on this thread.

If you really wanted real PvP you would roll a DC or EP and bomb those scrubs.

I grow bored very quickly of magblade, and bombing with all the earthgores and 30khp tanks and healers going around. Only thing you can bomb alone now is unexperiencced pugs with bad gear and no awareness.

My main is my DK, and I'm really not feeling like grinding a new char, undaunted, achievments/titles, have a slow mount, mages/fightersguild and grab all skyshards again. I guess that's my excuse.

Tough I'm online both to leech the morningcap and during primetime / night when we usually get destroyed, not only in the mornings :P

Edit: Is Shor really that bad with that emp trading thing? Been thinking of playing there during Vivec primetime because of the lag lately.
    Edited by Master_Kas on April 6, 2018 2:11AM
    EU | PC
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I tend to play sotha primetime cos of the lag(or more often, just don't play primetime anymore)

But the state of the game off-peak now is really bugging me, too.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    raviour wrote: »
    My main beef (Vivec) is DC and AD leaderboards are full of lame AP farmers that give 0 potatoes about the map. At least EP leaderboard in Vivec is full of ZS trolls that are easy to troll in return. These potatoe ball groups that emulate ZS give insane AP because of the constant flag flipping and they mostly just heal or rez.

DC and AD take themselves far too seriously for a bunch of morning cappers and resourcetards (Vivec).

Sotha SIl DC are let AD win to troll the EP morning cappers and "We are 1 bar pop how can we cap anything?". LoL.

Shor is just DC and EP emp trading for some non-apparent reason. Run WW and solo IC bosses if you wanna farm Tel-Var.

Fix up.

What´s wrong with doggo? :cry:

Otherwise Shor is quite underwhelming with the EP/DC emp-trade. I´ve started to see AD being more populated lately however, which is somewhat nice
    Edited by Qbiken on April 6, 2018 8:34AM
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skander wrote: »
    The matter is:
    Good players want an outnumbered fight, to make their time worth
    Bad players get killed by goodplayers, so they team up in numbers so high they will outswarm good players

The game is made so anyone has an opportunity. Even the most brainless person can spam snipe, and when outnumbering a good player that would eat them in a matter of seconds, they win for scure.

Bring the kind of ulti dinamic back. More ulti generation on how many enemy players there are in the zone: If outnumbered the ulti generation is more
    If overnumbering the ulti generetion is less
    If pair numbers, the ulti generetion is normal.

What ? It cannot be given and no way. How about removing CP & gear bonuses in PVP area to balance the game ?
    Self proclaimed good players should fight with another max cp player with good gear on 1vX prove their worth, rather than calling themselves pros. Not by one shoting low bies and farming APs . I dont even consider a player doing 1VX unless against same competitive levels. A CP720 player is 100 percent more effective than a CP 160 player on CP points alone . Gear not counted.

How about balancing APs when killing lowbies ? Only getting low APs when killing lowbies ? hehe . Why are self proclaimed pros are so afraid of fighting good players and prove their worth ?
    Edited by Priyasekarssk on April 6, 2018 8:42PM
  • Ferrofluid
    Ferrofluid
    ✭✭✭
    But Rav you're "the most influential player on Vivec" surely you can put a stop to this?
    a.k.a. Aps
  • raviour
    raviour
    ✭✭✭✭
    Only Zenimax can save Vivec from Big Boss and I do respect Big Boss. Dynamic Pop cap ftw. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMKyPJpNszo
  • genghisdalgarreck123
    genghisdalgarreck123
    Soul Shriven
    I totally agree with this post, pvp is in a very bad shape. People prefer to farm and fight stupidly non stop than playin the map; i'm part of 2 pvp guild in vivec (ep) one of them plays objectives at night, and the other guild are always in search of "good fights" meaning going to take a ressource to have a buff and wait for ennemies to come and run in circle in the toer and guilde people. I don't say it's not funny but it's funny sometimes and really boring....and every "good" player or group of players do that non stop.
    You could delete or the map and keeps and put just 3 tower to run around in circle they would never notice it. And when you play the map your told your a coward a noob or a zergher ( and i usualy play solo or in group or 5 ,8 max) . For the first time this campain i went all in in pvp and scoring to help the pact taking fort etc but all this for nothing ( 2nd place not 3rd better than nothing) because of ad morning cap and big boss group... i mean ive being up some night until late to fight his zerg and block him ( not really difficul when he things he will do pve and find a 5 man group he get's wiped) but what's the point ,you go to sleep and when you come back you have being dethrone map his yellow and they have 1000 points more.

And another thing that his ruining vivec eu his lags lags and more lags you can properly play during day when no one is here but when ppl come online you can't play, freezes crash and more lags, skills delay, or even worse skill dont launch( if u play melee 2hander u can say adios to your dps u get stuck in anim skills take 5 sec to launch). So please fix this your server it's the only pvp online game when you can't play in primetime. In general i avoid primetime but this time couldn't ( wouldn't want to loose 1st place) and it's a nightmare...and being emp during primetime even worse u can only launch one skill Dawnbreaker ( 1 times out of 2 skills don't launch)..when i see i'm emp in primetime i'm not happy and i know i will rage when playing...so tell me what the point of giving so much time and effort to be unable to play and have fun? and to have to wait until 1am to be able to play... and yesterday i was lagging until 4 of the morning so i guess things are not getting better.
    Edited by genghisdalgarreck123 on May 14, 2018 5:43PM
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is big boss pug zerg really the main culprit of lag? I don't think so. Blue ball-group guild raid creates more lag than big boss zerg even in midnight.

IMO he is the main culprit of purple alliance that's for sure. He usually randomly sends invites to people that he come across in keeps or he picks off lfg'ers in zone chat. So they are usually a gathering of solo new players. They go fight with that XYZ small-man group and they die fairly quickly only to respawn and charge back again and again, being the exact definition of cannon fodder. I understand this behaviour encaurages those small guild groups from both sides to farm AD only and ignore eachothers. And the fact that he morning caps everything, it makes everyone angry at AD.

I dont play in prime time. Lack of AD guild groups and small scale groups in off-prime times are my only reason to ignore AvA gameplay as a whole. Because whereever i go is just AD zergs being farmed by guild groups. It's disgusting for me. That's why i often lurk around resources and towns. And resource tower fights are extremely effective and fun for small scale because The Tower offers best mitigation in game, best sense of LoS. You can take on large zergs even as solo in tower due to the design of it being in circle formation, it makes harder to fire off skills to a sprinting player running in circles around the tower. By far best mitigation in game.
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no Purple alliance.
    Both factions just hate AD equally. And you deserve it for that tedious morning cap for months, that has entirely ruined the spirit of cyrodiil.

My favourite part of every day is around 6pm, when all factions are finally population-locked, and the ill-gotten AD empire starts to immediately crumble >:)
    Then you start to see AD for what they really are.
    Edited by dtsharples on May 15, 2018 1:28PM
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you simply can’t expect people to “play the map” for 4 years now. The last time I witnessed the campaign win to be a meaningful thing and actually being cared for in guilds and zone was around end of 2015 with old Thornblade.

The game has changed drastically since and ZOS has shifted it gradually and continually to a numbers game where - unless you run a highly coordinated ball group - the bigger number always has the edge.

People use what they are given. With the lack of real incentives most people just farm AP these days, though this is not a thing with longevity either. It gets old fast, and I’m amazed how people can log on every evening and do the same thing as yesterday, no matter if it’s running a ball group, forming a mega zerg, ganking or small scale at resources.

While the changes in Update 18 are nice, they don’t solve the problem - a Cyrodiil that seldom delivers the promise. I don’t think we’ll ever see the lag gone.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • raviour
    raviour
    ✭✭✭✭
    You are totally right @Feanor I just wanna see people RPing the map a bit again, in Kyne (EU) folks still do the map but I guess its because they are mostly new to the game and haven't got bored enough to troll or farm yet.

However... I have been here 4 years and I still enjoy playing the map how it is suposed to be played, running PuGs from time to time coz most guilds suck and there is always some drama around the corner. Nothing to prove, never gonna be the best or worst at anything. I just enjoy real PvP mechanics but it seems Kyne (EU) is the only place that I can do this and I hate deleting chars.

Shor(EU) does look like it got more interesting so I might check it out. AD Vivec(EU) morning caps spoil it for the off-peak players and EP/AD morning caps do the same for Sotha Sil(EU)... These morning caps lead to the despondency of many players so they just decide to gank, troll or AP farm.

Dynamic Population Cap has never been more needed in my opinion, just to bring a bit of love back to Cyrodiil.

I also think maybe max group size should be capped at 12 but its hard to find people willing to lead PuGs and communicate with other groups so I guess 24 is fine.

This EU problem lies in the player mentalities but I really feel that ZoS needs to do something to police this. NA seems a lot more balanced and objective driven. And yes, it is the silly ball groups that cause the lag, they give nice AP though even as solo.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shor is getting better, even though it gets kind of annoying when you play solo and get stomped by 4 Grand War Overlords on their small scale crusade xD
  • raviour
    raviour
    ✭✭✭✭
    Popped into Vivec the other morning ~7am UK time, 8 AD, only 8, were taking the map.

8 DC were just lingering at the gate typing LFG or afk. The Big Boss / Saras thing has either totally demoralised players or they just don't give 2 potatoes and just like standing at a gate.

In Sotha DC be "Let AD have emperor and own the map to pop DC because everyone hates the EP zergs." You do not want sniper zergs DC. Its like killing ***, another warlord will just take over.