Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Guys calm down about maintenance - read this.

Laura
Laura
✭✭✭✭✭
There was a HUGE bug that was effecting a lot of people right before it went down. I think its safe to say this had something to do with it.

http://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/21yvux/shortly_after_system_message_about_disabled/

THIS IS CALLED -EMERGENCY- maintenance. would you prefer this bug persist and have people logging into your account and stealing your stuff? I know many of you may be new to the MMO scene (and if you aren't then you really are being silly) but unexpected bugs happen. Its not like the devs said "hey lets bring the servers down for 6 hours to *** off the aussies/euros/martians/NA. don't take it personally and be glad they are vigilantly fixing this.

I want to play to like nobodies business but if you are over the age of 13 I think you all know that in life. Sh!t happens. It will be back soon and we can all enjoy ourselves again!
Edited by Laura on April 2, 2014 11:23AM
  • eNumbra
    eNumbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure a number of people would rather be playing regardless of whose account it's on; this is the internet after all, negativity is easier.
  • Chirru
    Chirru
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is a nasty bug...however, a short notice on the official server as to the nature of the bug would have been preferable.
    Maybe they should make reddit the official forum ..hehe ;)
  • Laura
    Laura
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think most of use reddit and tamriel foundry more than these because... well... these forums kind of stink =p they are cluttered and hurt my eyes.
  • Chirru
    Chirru
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes...i agree... the forums (in my opinion) need to be separated according to language.
  • foxsyd
    foxsyd
    ✭✭✭
    Oh dear.. that's rather serious!
    Join my guild!
    "Thank Sanguine its Fredas"
    North America Server, Ebonheart Pact, PVE/PVP, friendly & funny community. Welcomes all types of players!
    Preachers of #TeamIsland - Share your adventures and screen caps on our Facebook group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/268541133324278/
  • arondight
    arondight
    ✭✭
    I somehow doubt this is a consistent explanation in itself. Why do I doubt it?

Why is the EU megaserver not down for maintenance? At least bank accounts were lost on it, too.
  • Phrightning
    I wonder if that happened to me yesterday...had 2 unexpected disconnections, but doesn't seem like nothing was missing. But yea I'm glad they are fixing that issue.
  • enubis99
    enubis99
    To be fair though, I believe most if not all are fairly reasonable people.
    The uproar over this downtime could likely be put at ease if the team kept us updated on what's going on, what went wrong with their attempt to fix things, or that they are having difficulties. Communication with the player base is important, and at this point having to try and figure out how to find the right place to post or read in the forums only adds to the frustration? I had to dig to find out a very brief and vague attempt at telling us they are trying to fix things in regards to inventory issues which did not occur in EU servers.

Maybe I've been a little spoiled with my recent little time spent on a certain online game by which the team actually kept us updated as much as they could.
    Nonetheless, this is not me hating, but more so a call out to the staff that they could take a bit more of an effort to keep things 'transparent' so to speak.

Sure the game has issues, sure there are bugs, sure there are questionable mechanics and how things are being handled as I've brought my case in another post somewhere or read up somewhere else. I hope they could fix things, I hope things could be better but this is not a hate post, more so a simple wish for more communication between players and Zenimax.
    Edited by enubis99 on April 2, 2014 1:16PM
  • Laura
    Laura
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    enubis99 wrote: »
    To be fair though, I believe most if not all are fairly reasonable people.
    The uproar over this downtime could likely be put at ease if the team kept us updated on what's going on, what went wrong with their attempt to fix things, or that they are having difficulties. Communication with the player base is important, and at this point having to try and figure out how to find the right place to post or read in the forums only adds to the frustration? I had to dig to find out a very brief and vague attempt at telling us they are trying to fix things in regards to inventory issues which did not occur in EU servers.

Maybe I've been a little spoiled with my recent little time spent on a certain online game by which the team actually kept us updated as much as they could.
    Nonetheless, this is not me hating, but more so a call out to the staff that they could take a bit more of an effort to keep things 'transparent' so to speak.

Sure the game has issues, sure there are bugs, sure there are questionable mechanics and how things are being handled as I've brought my case in another post somewhere or read up somewhere else. I hope they could fix things, I hope things could be better but this is not a hate post, but more so a simple wish for more communication between players and Zenimax.

they just did release everything. If I had to guess there PR people were at home asleep.
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/64824/eso-north-american-megaserver-downtime-4-1-to-4-2#latest

people HAVE been unreasonable. i have even seen death threats. (hope they get banned)
    Edited by Laura on April 2, 2014 1:16PM
  • ilpoptimizeub17_ESO
    I blame Sheogorath!
  • enubis99
    enubis99
    @Laura
    There will always be the few angry people, and yes that's what I've read. I actually consider that vague, as I said I might be spoiled by another game by which the staff actually did explain at their best the difficulties they are facing and what not in regards to servers going down for a long long time.

Yes, it was also quite a hassle to find where they posted that. I actually came upon that by accident.
  • vanity
    vanity
    ✭✭
    That's a really interesting bug, I'm curious as to what made it possible to log on other accounts though. To me it seems impossible to somehow type in your log ins, click your character, and then come in game as someone else's character. However I did notice it, a few times I was booted and tried to log in, to which the game replied, ERROR character already logged in.
    I hope they fix soon.
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I blame Sheogorath!

OMG me too! Want to be friends?

;)
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.

OMG me too! Want to be friends?

;)

Sure! I am gaoptimize and playing Dilaura the Shy in game. 12th level nightblade Nord.

• mark.sinclair4rwb17_ESO
    I wonder how long it will be for the Hilter parody on ESO to hit youtube :smile:
  • ilpoptimizeub17_ESO
    I wonder how long it will be for the Hilter parody on ESO to hit youtube :smile:

Need to paintbox in an ESO map somehow.