Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

What are the next quickest Skillpoints you can grind after hitting 50?

Tygerfire
Tygerfire
✭✭
After years on X1, I switched over to PC (and am loving it), and after finishing a bit more of a grind to cp 160, I need to start gathering skillpoints.

I'm trying to sort of make an all-around do everything character so I'm going to need alot.

Obviously, with the skyshards add-on, these are alot easier to come by than on xbox, so should I just start grinding these out zone by zone, or should I just start the story and completely finish each area as I work through it?

Any other quick and easy ways to skillpoints I"m forgetting about? Initially PVP might be a way to get some, but apparently the leveling slows down alot beyond the first few in cyrodil.

Anyway, thanks for all help and suggestions.
  • florens88
    florens88
    Soul Shriven
    You can also do group dungeons after reaching level 10. Each dungeon gives a skillpoint when you complete the dungeon's story quest. That is 32 skillpoints total.
    Edited by florens88 on May 13, 2018 11:44AM
  • TerraDewBerry
    TerraDewBerry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tygerfire wrote: »
    After years on X1, I switched over to PC (and am loving it), and after finishing a bit more of a grind to cp 160, I need to start gathering skillpoints.

I'm trying to sort of make an all-around do everything character so I'm going to need alot.

Obviously, with the skyshards add-on, these are alot easier to come by than on xbox, so should I just start grinding these out zone by zone, or should I just start the story and completely finish each area as I work through it?

Any other quick and easy ways to skillpoints I"m forgetting about? Initially PVP might be a way to get some, but apparently the leveling slows down alot beyond the first few in cyrodil.

Get the addon Urich's skill point finder it will help you know what skill points you still need. As far as fast skill points, doing the group boss in the public dungeons goes pretty fast, I think. And, welcome to the PC megaserver!

• Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    To do list for every zone:

-Cadwell quests for skillpoints
    -Public Dungeon for Skyshard and a skillpoint (the group boss inside gives one)
    -All the skyshards
    - Group Dungeon has 1 skill point you get by finishing the quest

- Start PvP to gain some easy skill points =)

If you do this, you will end up with 400+ skill points total, should be enough for any need ^_^
    Cleared Trials:
    - vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM - vCR HM -

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."
    -Someone said it, I guess.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grabbing all the overland skyshards is pretty quick if you have the add-on that shows you where they are.
    Also, doing the quests for Clockwork City and Thieves Guild give you a skill point for each quest you do, in the main quest-lines from each DLC. Dark Brotherhood, also, although that takes slightly longer because of having to level up DB by doing assassination quests, which take time.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Get the addon Urich's skill point finder it will help you know what skill points you still need. As far as fast skill points, doing the group boss in the public dungeons goes pretty fast, I think. And, welcome to the PC megaserver!
    Urich's skill point finder is awesome, especially for group dungeons there you might have done dungeon but missed the quest.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, as already mentioned by others, I highly recommend Urich's Skill Point Finder add-on. Very useful for hunting down skillpoints and skyshards, and it compliments the Skyshards add-on nicely. You simply type " /uspf " in the in-game chatbox to activate it, and an organized menu/window will pop up with all the Skillpoint information that you'd ever need to know and track.
    Public Dungeon Groupp Boss Events, Storyline Quests for each zone, and their respective skyshards, as well as Group Dungeon Quests (done during pledges, too). It's a very great add-on.
    Edited by Darkmage1337 on May 13, 2018 11:59PM
    ESO Platform/Region: PC/NA. ESO ID: @Darkmage1337
    GM of Absolute Virtue. Co-GM of Absolute Vice. 8-time Former Emperor, out of 13 characters. 3 Templars, 3 Sorcerers, 2 Nightblades, 2 Dragonknights, 1 Warden. 1 Necromancer, and 1 Arcanist. The Ebonheart Pact: The Dark-Mage (Former Emperor), The Undying Nightshade, The Moonlit-Knight, The Killionaire (Former Emperor), Swims-Among-Slaughterfish (Former Emperor), The Undead Mage, and The Dark-Warlock. The Aldmeri Dominion: The Dawn-Bringer (Former Empress), The Ironwood Kid (Former Emperor), and The Storm-Sword. The Daggerfall Covenant: The Storm-Shield (Former Empress), The Savage-Beast, and The Burning-Crusader CP: 1,900.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once you’ve completed all public dungeons (which are useful for leveling stuff besides the skill points) shards are always going to be the fastest points.

Don’t miss Belarata in Malabal Tor. Get the quest from a Khajiit woman in vulwaksten. Quest takes literally three minutes...no idea why it’s a skill point.
  • Tygerfire
    Tygerfire
    ✭✭
    Thanks for all the great advice.

I really love Urich's Skillpoint finder, although the sad thing is that the one skillpoint I missed just sticks out and laughs at me every time I see it.

I can't believe I skipped the morrowind tutorial and missed out on a skillpoint.

• exiars10
    exiars10
    ✭✭✭
    Just my 2 cents for the three easiest skill points in the game B).

1. Always enter Cyrodiil (Alliance War) once you get to level 10. You can instantly get 2 skill points just for talking with your general (skip siege tutorial) and you unlock Rapid Maneuver which you always want to use in overland content.
    2. Do Buyer Beware quest in Malabar Tor for the 3rd easiest skill in the game after 1st one. You literally just have text talk about some love story. Super fast.
    http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Buyer_Beware

Hope it helps :).

Edited by exiars10 on May 14, 2018 11:51AM
    I don't play ESO since 15.06. because Cyrodiil is broken since Summerset (PvE isn't much better, too)...

Aldmeri Dominion (PC Europe via Steam)

The cowardly Wood Elves are best noted for their unwillingness to engage in a face-to-face attack; a Bosmer will strike at you from every side except the front. You won't cross swords with a Bosmer, but you might catch an arrow in the throat. Be wary in forests and jungles, and watch your back.
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    davey1107 wrote: »

Don’t miss Belarata in Malabal Tor. Get the quest from a Khajiit woman in vulwaksten. Quest takes literally three minutes...no idea why it’s a skill point.

The alliance quests for Malabal Tor only have 2 that give skill points, unlike every other similar zone where there are three. I think the skill point was misassigned to this quest and it would be difficult to fix retroactively.
  • Horker
    Horker
    ✭✭✭✭

mate, thanks alot, as a beta veteran i didn't know this lol :)
    ROSES ARE RED, VIOLETS ARE BLUE, TRINIMAC IS DEAD, MALACATH IS TRUE
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You also have the dog quest in wayrest.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.