Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

@ PC users - anyone use a Razer Trinity or Corsair Scimitar to play ESO?

Bam_Bam
Bam_Bam
✭✭✭✭✭
If you do, how do you find it performs? I'm upgrading from a budget Utech and although I'm tempted to go back to the tried and trusted Logitech G600, I thought I'd try something different so wondering howe they perform in game.
Joined January 2014
PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
Lims Kragm'a
Bam Bam Bara
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really enjoy my corsair! No more losing my wasd keys since all the important stuff is on my mouse!
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It certainly works and there a quite a few people that use those. However I think it's not really a advantage in ESO as the game uses very few buttons anyway. It's just personal taste I guess.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • Lake
    Lake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    G600 = Razer > Corsair's
  • Cavedog
    Cavedog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to have a Razor death adder.....the logitech is much nicer in my opinion. The logitech is more responsive, feels nicer, can be adjusted to weigh what ever you want it to, and I don't need a mouse pad under the logitech for it to work properly like I did with the death adder. I'll never buy another Razor mouse again. The logitch's are better and less expensive by almost half.
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *Sits over in the corner with his laptop's trackpad*
    ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love my Corsair Scimitar. In the same length of time that I've owned the Corsair, I rebuilt one Razer 3x and replaced it once. I'll never look at Razer again.

Razer does have the advantage with it's software in my opinion, I find it easier to configure, but not that the Corsair CUE software is hard to use, just more clunky.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Elissae
    Elissae
    ✭✭✭
    In the realm of MMO mice, may I suggest you take a look at the Roccat Nyth. It uses the same basic MMO button layout as the others, with the one major difference that the buttons are modular and can be swapped out for wider ones, or you can mix and match them in a setup to your liking.

I got myself one last December and I am absolutely loving it!
  • Olen_Mikko
    Olen_Mikko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I switched from razer naga to corsair scimitar.

Was a big mistake. Razer Naga's 1-12 thumb buttons fitted perfectly, corsair's 1-12 thumb button placement is awful.

I hit constantly 1 & 2 simultaneously. If you're using razer naga, never even consider changing it to corsair.

NB enthusiastic:
    1. Woodhippie stamblade - DW hard-hitter / PvE
    2. Know-it-all elf Magblade - Healer / PvE & PvP
    3. Hate-them-all elf Magblade - Destrostaff AoE monster / PvE
    4. Cyrodiil-Refugee stamblade - Stamina Tank / PvE

Go dominion or go home

Nightblade-Hipster. I played Nightblade before it was cool - from 1.5 onwards.
  • ketapillar_ESO
    ketapillar_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I had all those mice over the last few years and now have the Razor Naga Trinity. Sometimes I like the buttons but I find myself using the Hex module the most as the buttons are easier to hit correctly quickly. Either way it's modular and comes with the 2 button, circular hex and the MMO 12 button panel to swap out.

IMO the Corsair is a POS and will never buy another Corsair product. Regardless of what you get I would recommend a $10 crap mouse over a Corsair anything. The build quality is crap and mine started glitching out after a month. Single click = no click or 4 clicks or down and not release. Drove me nucking futs trying to program.
  • ZeldaTheoi
    ZeldaTheoi
    Soul Shriven
    I have corsair scimitar. I love it. I cant fathom how you walk and press 1-5. Much more handy having 1-5 on the mouse and more. And with the corsair scimitar I love the palm grip style
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Logitech g13 gameboard https://www.logitechg.com/en-sg/product/g13-advanced-gameboard

With Logitech g700s mouse ftw

I've had both Corsair and razer products in the past and wouldn't waste my money on overpriced POS again
    Edited by rumple9 on May 10, 2018 6:45PM
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks all. I've been reading up on reviews and user comments for like, 5+ hours. LOL.

Corsair received a lot of mixed reviews. I also owned a Corsair K95 keyboard years ago - the lights started dying after ONE week so that also made me think.

Gameboards are DEFINITELY something that I'm interested in. If I hadn't gone and got myself a new girlfriend, I'd have bought one but now they are a littttllleeeee bit out of my budget.LOL

I'd never actually heard of the Roccat Nyth - I know the brand but didn't know they had made an MMO mouse. Again, the interchangeable buttons are a big draw and I might end up giving it a try.

But for now, I've decided to go with the Trinity. Reviews are mostly favourable with many priasing the Trinity as an definite upgrade on the Naga Chroma. I also really want to try the hex board too - the fact the mouse has the interchangeable panels is a big draw too. Negatives are the Synapse 3 software can be buggy but others say you only really use it to set the mouse up and after that you don't use it. I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks for all your input peeps. Happy hunting! :)
    Joined January 2014
    PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • munster1404
    munster1404
    ✭✭✭
    Of course! There's only so much you can do with one hand. MMO mice are a godsend.
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of course! There's only so much you can do with one hand. MMO mice are a godsend.

He has a girlfriend now ...
  • Sekero
    Sekero
    ✭✭✭
    Got a Trinity. Thing is I use it with my right hand and I'm left-handed. I only realised after I had plugged it in that it would not be ideal for switching skills to. For me, left hand on keyboard is much faster. Lefties out there, take note - a gaming mouse may not be the bee's knees after all.
  • LasrRed
    LasrRed
    ✭✭
    The new scimitar pro works flawlessly
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZeldaTheoi wrote: »
    I have corsair scimitar. I love it. I cant fathom how you walk and press 1-5. Much more handy having 1-5 on the mouse and more. And with the corsair scimitar I love the palm grip style
    Scimitar might fit me better than the naga, has the standard one, simply as the 12 keys is to far back for my hand,
    however you don't need all keys for eso, has bar swap on mouse to with swap to front bar and back bar separate.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.