Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Is Armor Master set good for a Health Tank?

Azurephoenix999
Azurephoenix999
✭✭✭✭✭
My planned Tank build was already going to have the Immovable armor ability slotted, I was wondering how good the 5 set bonus would be with it, or if I would be better off getting a different set.
Guildmaster of Spectral Liberty - Xbox One - European Megaserver
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fortified Brass has essentially replaced Armor Master as the go-to 5-piece if you’re stacking resistances. It’s a permanent buff ... versus Armor Master which requires you to slot and activate an armor ability.
  • Azurephoenix999
    Azurephoenix999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fortified Brass has essentially replaced Armor Master as the go-to 5-piece if you’re stacking resistances. It’s a permanent buff ... versus Armor Master which requires you to slot and activate an armor ability.

With Jewelry Crafting it could be possible to get both sets. You'd get both the permanent buff from Fortified Brass, as well as the ability to activate Immovable, which will buff your resistances even further, and THEN get the Armor Master resistance buffs on top of that for activating an Armor Ability. Good idea, or no?
    Edited by Azurephoenix999 on May 12, 2018 12:15AM
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

With Jewelry Crafting it could be possible to get both sets. You'd get both the permanent buff from Fortified Brass, as well as the ability to activate Immovable, which will buff your resistances even further, and THEN get the Armor Master resistance buffs on top of that for activating an Armor Ability. Good idea, or no?

In most builds, no, you wouldn’t want to do that since the resistance cap is 32,500.
  • Azurephoenix999
    Azurephoenix999
    ✭✭✭✭✭

In most builds, no, you wouldn’t want to do that since the resistance cap is 32,500.

Ah, well then I'll just have to replace Armor Master with a different set then. Any suggestions for a Health-based DK tank? I'm thinking Orgnum's Scales, but I'm still looking at others.
    Edited by Azurephoenix999 on May 12, 2018 12:29AM
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ah, well then I'll just have to replace Armor Master with a different set then. Any suggestions for a Health-based DK tank? I'm thinking Orgnum's Scales, but I'm still looking at others.

Plague Doctor is the bread and butter 5-pc set for health tanks.
  • Azurephoenix999
    Azurephoenix999
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ah, so 5pc Plague Doctor, 5pc Fortified Brass with the remaining 2 armor slots and jewelry, so the Sword and Shield...I guess Way of the Arena just to get even more health from the 2pc bonus?

Honestly I'd much rather craft my gear, and it really sucks that most of the Craftable sets are far outclassed by the ones that drop from dungeons and the like.
  • abelsgmx
    abelsgmx
    ✭✭✭

Is true, resistance cap is 32,500 that bring a 50% dmage mitigation, resistance stack is good at PVP where armor penetrarion is high and you can lose easy 15,000 of resitance
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Armor master is fe cal matter.

That is all
    Edited by exeeter702 on May 12, 2018 11:21PM
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah, so 5pc Plague Doctor, 5pc Fortified Brass with the remaining 2 armor slots and jewelry, so the Sword and Shield...I guess Way of the Arena just to get even more health from the 2pc bonus?

Honestly I'd much rather craft my gear, and it really sucks that most of the Craftable sets are far outclassed by the ones that drop from dungeons and the like.

You’re correct.

There are a lot of craftable sets that are currently substandard.

You’ll find prior quotes from me saying so over the past few years.
  • Azurephoenix999
    Azurephoenix999
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You’re correct.

There are a lot of craftable sets that are currently substandard.

You’ll find prior quotes from me saying so over the past few years.

I wish there was a way of crafting the sets that drop. Possibly by travelling to a special crafting station within the dungeon/zone etc that the dropped set was for, then beating a new boss in order to use it.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Chudans better than Fortified Brass. 2 Piece for the same bonuses