Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Lich Skill Line

Vanthras79
Vanthras79
✭✭✭✭✭
Who wants a skill line related to being an undead lich? Some necromancy spells, and perhaps some lich-like crystals?
Edited by Vanthras79 on May 13, 2018 5:52PM
Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

Lich Skill Line 111 votes

Yes!
55% 62 votes
No!
34% 38 votes
Maybe so (explain)
9% 11 votes
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So we can follow the career path of Mannimarco, who got expelled from the Psijic Order for necromancy and eventually became a lich?

Sure, I could go for another skill line like Vampire and Werewolf.
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    More classes and skill lines please!
  • Tucker3711
    Tucker3711
    ✭✭✭
    I wanna raise the dead!!!
    @Tucker311- PC
    Tucker3711
    Nord Beth Rose (EP)
    Imperial Freya Var (DC)
    High Elf Hestia du foyer (AD)
    Wood Elf Epona Caoin (AD)
    Hotstuff Queen
  • PzTnT
    PzTnT
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love to see this. May come with something like the vampire appearance changes as it gets worse, only that instead of going pale the character goes rotten or something.
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PzTnT wrote: »
    I'd love to see this. May come with something like the vampire appearance changes as it gets worse, only that instead of going pale the character goes rotten or something.

The character turns more pale/purple, and rotten flesh starts to show. :smiley:
    Maybe glowing eyes too...
    Edited by Vanthras79 on May 14, 2018 4:30PM
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just remembered the Abnur Tharn quote about a child of five being able to build a flesh atro. As if necromancers were not condescending enough.

• Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What say you Lich Rambert, I mean @ZOS_RichLambert :smile:

• Firemantim
    Firemantim
    ✭✭
    I'd be more interested in seeing a Necromancer class eventually, maybe with a Lich skill line.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kind of leaves stamina classes out in the cold, considering the new psijiic line is mostly magic. Stamromancer? Eh.

You can already be a necromancer anyway. Just use Nerien'eth set, soul shriven skin, lich gear and/or necropotence. You could even be a grade above simple reanimation by summoning daedra or actual animals instead of stinky old rotting fleshbags.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • KeiruNicrom
    KeiruNicrom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necromancy yes. Lichdom? No
  • ShadowMonarch
    ShadowMonarch
    ✭✭✭✭
    I dont want a lich skill line, Sorry but lichdom is not something to be taken lightly and is a complicated process, if everyone was able to just get it then that would be stupid.

How about a Necromancy class instead.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The player character is already kind of lich-ey. I don't really see it as a compelling alternative to vamp/WW at the moment.

Necro skill line/class has been desired for ages. I'd assume that someone in marketing has taken note and we'll see it eventually, likely chapter-gated a la warden.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • MythicEmperor
    MythicEmperor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. I’d love for a complex ritual process in order to attain the state of Lichdom, perhaps something like we saw in the Skyrim Undeath Mod but using the lore provided in Oblivion’s The Path of Transcendence.

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:The_Path_of_Transcendence
    With cold regards,
    Mythic

Favorite Characters:
    Kilith Telvayn, Dunmer Telvanni Sorcerer (main)
    Kilith, Dunmer Magblade (old main)
    Vadusa Venim, Dunmer crafter (older main)
    Hir Hlaalu, Dunmer Warden
    Søren Icehelm, N'wah Warden
    Fargoth of Morrowind, Bosmer commoner
  • ShadowMonarch
    ShadowMonarch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes. I’d love for a complex ritual process in order to attain the state of Lichdom, perhaps something like we saw in the Skyrim Undeath Mod but using the lore provided in Oblivion’s The Path of Transcendence.

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:The_Path_of_Transcendence

In this time period the process is: http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Ascendancy:_Pathway_to_Lichdom
  • AgmarTheUnrestful
    Necromancer class would be pretty awesome, with some type of Lich-powers skill-line. Would love to see this implemented!
  • ShadowMonarch
    ShadowMonarch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Necromancer class would be pretty awesome, with some type of Lich-powers skill-line. Would love to see this implemented!

A lich and a necromancer are two different things. If your character actually was a Lich the game would have to be wildly different for that class.
    Edited by ShadowMonarch on May 19, 2018 6:04PM
  • AgmarTheUnrestful
    I thought a lich was an undead necromancer? That's how they're depicted here, in TES. So, Necromancer class, three skill-lines as per custom, one of the skill-lines perhaps being something like "Lichdom" or "Undeath", but obviously with a catchy name. Come to think of it, though, what would a lich offer that necromancers don't already have? As noted, a lich is just a necromancer that has achieved undeath; generally, a lich is more powerful, but that just comes from a lifetime of study and experimentation, as well as dark pacts (or covenants or dominions :D), but they still have the same powers. I guess you could have a line of draining spells, with one of the optional passives giving you the guise of a lich. Or a lich polymorph in the crown store; I think a lot of people would go just for that.
  • ShadowMonarch
    ShadowMonarch
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thought a lich was an undead necromancer? That's how they're depicted here, in TES. So, Necromancer class, three skill-lines as per custom, one of the skill-lines perhaps being something like "Lichdom" or "Undeath", but obviously with a catchy name. Come to think of it, though, what would a lich offer that necromancers don't already have? As noted, a lich is just a necromancer that has achieved undeath; generally, a lich is more powerful, but that just comes from a lifetime of study and experimentation, as well as dark pacts (or covenants or dominions :D), but they still have the same powers. I guess you could have a line of draining spells, with one of the optional passives giving you the guise of a lich. Or a lich polymorph in the crown store; I think a lot of people would go just for that.

Lich's are not just common necromancers. They are mages that have prolonged their lifespan through the use of necromancy and black magic, turning them into powerful immortal beings.

Lich's are considered Undead. In general lichs also appear to have Decaying bodies, a side effect of being undead.

For a class to be a lich they're character would have to already be a extremely powerful mage and would have to be undead. It doesn't make sense anywhere in the lore for an entire class to be lich's. If there were a few lichs running around it wouldn't be so bad but for a entire class in the game to be powerful undead mages running around like its nothing makes no sense, wouldn't make sense for lich's to have any stamina abilitys or morphs either they are by definition mages with dead decaying bodies. Lich's arn't supposed to be some normal occurrence they are supposed to be special enemys, having 1/6th or more of the population being a lich would make no sense and a lich's goals would be counter productive to many of the quests and theme's of the game.
  • AgmarTheUnrestful
    Hence why I think a necromancer class would be way better than a lich (as you noted, a lich's agenda, and probably a necromancer's, too, run counter to many of the quests in this game). As we both noted, even a necromancer might be difficult to play lore-wise; the main quest deals directly with rooting out necromancers and Daedra-worshippers, though, since the Soulless One is sacrificed to Molag Bal, one could always say that they're taking revenge. >:) Again, if there were to be a necromancer class added, one skill-line would obviously be devoted to raising various undead (much like the Sorceror's skill-line dealing with summoning Daedra), while another would be draining/absorption and, perhaps, fear-inducing spells (the College of Illusion is so under-represented in this game :( ), and the third perhaps frost-based spells with things like paralysis and immobilisation, since I don't think one of the classes has a skill-line with spells that deal cold damage (please correct me if I'm wrong). Perhaps a lich polymorph added to the Crown Store to co-incide with the release of a necromancer class would be a good idea, too, for those who want to look like the ultimate necromancer.

I also did not mean to argue; I was just stating my opinion, and providing my reasons for choosing the answer I did.
    Edited by AgmarTheUnrestful on May 19, 2018 5:48PM
  • ShadowMonarch
    ShadowMonarch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hence why I think a necromancer class would be way better than a lich (as you noted, a lich's agenda, and probably a necromancer's, too, run counter to many of the quests in this game). As we both noted, even a necromancer might be difficult to play lore-wise; the main quest deals directly with rooting out necromancers and Daedra-worshippers, though, since the Soulless One is sacrificed to Molag Bal, one could always say that they're taking revenge. >:) Again, if there were to be a necromancer class added, one skill-line would obviously be devoted to raising various undead (much like the Sorceror's skill-line dealing with summoning Daedra), while another would be draining/absorption and, perhaps, fear-inducing spells (the College of Illusion is so under-represented in this game :( ), and the third perhaps frost-based spells with things like paralysis and immobilisation, since I don't think one of the classes has a skill-line with spells that deal cold damage (please correct me if I'm wrong). Perhaps a lich polymorph added to the Crown Store to co-incide with the release of a necromancer class would be a good idea, too, for those who want to look like the ultimate necromancer.

I also did not mean to argue; I was just stating my opinion, and providing my reasons for choosing the answer I did.

A necromancer class is what I have voted for as well as much of the community.

Like you said 1 skill line is obviously going to be devoted to Raising the dead.

Illusion magic is mostly represented by the nightblade class, between cloak and fear and necromancers aren't exactly sneaky other then hiding in caves.

Warden has frost based skill line, so it would be strange for them to add that in on both DLC class's. So it is more likely I think that it will be a Soul magic type of skill line despite their already being a soul magic line from the main quest.

I think it is possible they might just take abilitys from the current class's and reskin/rename them and add them to necromancer when they add it, skills like repentance for instance are very Necromancer like. Same for siphoning ect.

There is no way to really tell for sure, one thing is for sure though. A ton of people want a Necromancer class so when they add it they better do it right and it better be awesome as hell with not only unique abilitys but updated animations and textures.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    F8cxyTv.jpg

This would pretty much be my dream skill line.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • ZOS_Holden
    ZOS_Holden
    Community Rep
    Hey there, @Vanthras79.

Thanks for the suggestion. A Lich skill line sounds like it could be a lot of fun and definitely a different sort of flavor than other skill lines. Obviously we can't promise anything, but we do truly appreciate you taking the time to share your ideas. We do enjoy seeing the communities suggestions and feedback and hope you will continue to share in the future.
    Staff Post
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Will we be able to use the Lich skill line to "raise" enemy players in PvP and temporarily be able to control them?
  • ShadowMonarch
    ShadowMonarch
    ✭✭✭✭
    DoctorESO wrote: »
    Will we be able to use the Lich skill line to "raise" enemy players in PvP and temporarily be able to control them?

Thats not a lich thing thats just a necromancy thing.
  • AgmarTheUnrestful
    @ShadowMonarch: Soul magic would be much more fitting for a necromancer, and I really think Zenimax should expand upon the soul magic they already have; it certainly has the potential to come out with some amazing abilities. I currently only have one character (a male Nord Templar) that I just hit Lv. 50 with last night (around midnight Eastern (American/Canadian) Daylight Time, for reference, in case you're European :)), so I honestly don't know a lot about any classes other than the Dragonknight (I played one on the PS4) and Templar (with my knowledge of the other three limited to what I've seen others playing). But I think most classes tend to combine two magical elements (earth and fire for DK, light and fire for Templar, nature and frost for Warden, shadow and siphoning for NB, not sure about Sorcerer), so perhaps soul and emotional (e.g. fear, charm (make an enemy fight for the caster), calm) magics for necromancers, as I still would like to see more of the classic Illusion spells make their way into ESO. And, again, a lich polymorph, preferably with levitation/gliding animations, added to the Crown Store, or, even better, as an unlockable for accomplishing some sort of goal (like raise a necromancer skill-line to 50), to go along with the release of a necromancer class, would be awesome. This I think a lot of people would go for; I know I certainly would!
  • WillS1888
    WillS1888
    ✭✭
    Tbh idk why necromancy isnt a class you can have already. Personally, the sorcerers daedric summoning and black magic skill lines should be more on the side of necromancy. Daedric summoning more so than dark magic. Adding a necromancy skill line with those two could make a pretty good class tbh. Of course we cant do that unless you think straight up removing the sorcerer is a good idea. Along with the storm calling skill line, i suggest adding a fire and ice skill line. Storm based around speed and mobility, fire based around damage and conditions, and ice based around defense and slowing targets. Sorcerers are more elemental based anyways. Also, correct me if im wrong but arent true liches considered high tier daedra? Personally adding a necromancer is a good idea, but becoming a lich seems like something that wouldnt fit well in the story line.
  • Adernath
    Adernath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imo a necromancer skill line should also cover the Briaheart stuff, i.e. a stamina 'undead barbaric' part.
  • AgmarTheUnrestful
    @WillS1888: Totally agree; Sorcerers should be purely elemental magic, with perhaps a summoner as a separate class that focuses on the things I've been pointing out for necromancers (summoning Daedra/raising undead, soul/shadow magics, fear/calm/charm spells).

@Adernath: Most classes do have the option to have stamina-based abilities as well as Magicka-based, and this trend should continue, to give players more options for role-playing and customisation.
  • JPcrazysquirrel3
    JPcrazysquirrel3
    ✭✭✭✭
    So far, the closest to being a Lich one can get in the game is High Elf with Soul Shriven or Blackmarrow skin, 2pc Nerieneth, 5pc Caluurion's Legacy, and 5pc Lich.
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
    "It's just not a home until you decorate the torture chamber, am I right?"
    "If you want to lose 10lbs of ugly fat, I'd be happy to chop your head off!"
    "Degenerates!" --- Todd Howard
    "If it's not broke, don't fix it,....unless you're ZO$ and are just doing it for the money!" --- Me
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Class reps are just like our politicians. They promise mountains made of gold for us, but in the end, whenever they can they try to push their own agenda.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bio:
    I am in a Kevduit video
    PS4 (main platform)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

PC (just for PTS since Dragon Bones)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

Playing since console release in 2015

17 characters; mainly play PvE tanks and healer, as well as PvP stamDK, magplar, and stamblade; I also have a handful of DPS toons to have variety. All AD, with one, now PvE, DC toon.

I was on the forums before, but something happened with my account info and I had to create a new account.
  • rexagamemnon
    rexagamemnon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would rather have a necromancer class