The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

So, which class did you choose?

• scabrous_ftz
    scabrous_ftz
    ✭✭
    Nightblade
    Went with Nightblade since I've always liked rogue-type classes. But NB is so much more, as I'm happy to find out. Unfortunately, my current setup is not so useful to groups. Everyone and their uncle is a DPS, and most are probably more dedicated than I am.
  • Rach71
    Rach71
    Dragonknight
    My first is Dragonknight S&B tank.

in beta I had fun with Sorc Archer. No reason to not play both ;-)
  • Jaamonliu
    Jaamonliu
    Def a sorcerer for me for ranged. But of course, if you feel like you want to play a melee character, you can always try out battlemage which is super fun.
    It’s Not the Blowing of the Wind that Determines Your Destination, It’s the Set of the Sail - Jim Rohn
  • Brasseurfb16_ESO
    Brasseurfb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerer
    Axe&Axe/Destro Staff Sorcerer focussing on ultimate generation, self sustain, and AoE dmg to make quick work out of big groups.
  • Chiefwilliams
    Chiefwilliams
    ✭✭✭
    Templar
    Templar assassin here, they have awesome synergy with a bow and 2h from the class skills you mix in for keeping people away and opening up with massive dmg and then the ability to cleanse all negative effects from yourself and heal up for some hard hitting 2H combos. Could go into more detail but there is a post about the build on tamriel foundry's Templar section.

I tried NB for the same role in beta but when I learned any class can stealth just as effectively without having the 2.5 sec invis it got me experimenting with which class can do it best, for my play style that is. Solo ganking etc. and a khajiit Templar just felt far more reliable and capable of getting a quick kill in while still being able to take on another after the 1st person dies if necessary
  • Tweezus
    Tweezus
    Templar
    Templar dual wield with heavy armor. the mobs spend most of there time stunned/disoriented/knocked back making it a fun beat down on them!
    Edited by Tweezus on April 2, 2014 5:58AM
  • skarvika
    skarvika
    ✭✭✭✭
    Templar
    Nice to see a decent balance...I really liked playing a templar in the beta. I'm currently playing a dual wielding, heavy armor wearing templar and it's pretty fun as far as pve goes. Hit em with a long range magic attack and devastate them with a flurry attack and that's taken most mobs down while I barely take any damage. Dunno how well I'll fare in pvp, but so far I'm really liking this build. :smiley:
    QQing is a full time job
  • dfwmikey74
    dfwmikey74
    ✭✭
    Templar
    Dunmer Templar Dual Wield Dawns Wrath with medium armor. A lot of fun to play this character solo pve, when I throw in the Blood Altar from the Undaunted line I can sit back and watch them burn with Sun Fire while I leisurely take them down. I don't think this'll work so well in pvp, but I don't care.
  • Medwin
    Medwin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade
    I rolled a Nightblade cause I wanted a healer.
    Please read through and comment on my incredibly comprehensive Vampire guide. :)
    Officer at Cross Guild check us out, we are a large DC guild that does PvP, RP, and PvE. We have things for just about anyone.
    RP Characters: Anora, Redguard -- Mira Medwin, Dunmer -- Pia Patricia Potts, Breton
  • aalexander0110eb17_ESO
    aalexander0110eb17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Templar
    Went for Templar Two-Handed Brawler (Damage with off-tanking). It might not get me into many groups...but I enjoy the playstyle.
  • Storm21
    Storm21
    Sorcerer
    Sorcerer <3
    Dire night, fire bright,
    The first soul I see tonight;
    I wish I may, I wish I might,
    Burn the soul I see tonight.
  • Contrabardus
    Contrabardus
    ✭✭
    Nightblade
    Nightblade. I did Dragon Knight in the beta, but Nightblade suits my normal ES playing style more. It was a great class to get to know the game with, but tanking in this game isn't as good as it could be.
    I usually play MMOs as a tank, but ES games as stealth type characters. I wasn't satisfied with tanking in ESO so I went with NB and I'm liking it quite a bit more than DK.
  • zandilarrwb17_ESO
    zandilarrwb17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Nightblade
    I actually have two characters - one I play with my partner (a dragon knight), and one I am planning to play solo (the nightblade).
    Zandilar.
  • Istalantar
    Nightblade
    I've always been some kind of mage in other games, I wanted to try something else now, so let's see what a nightblade can do.
  • stansbury.joelub17_ESO
    i got a wood elf templar with bow, hopefully i can lvl up resto staff also. i was focusing on med armor but i want to lvl up light as well.
  • makezimn
    makezimn
    Sorcerer
    Altmer sorc ofc :D
  • Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
    Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Nightblade
    Restoration staff/Destruction staff Siphoning vampiric khajiit Nightblade for main (wanted a blood mage), Ill likely go for dragon disciple style dragonknight or an all out berserker (dual wield) dragon knight orc next
    One bow to darken the sun
    One bow to unite the clans
    One bow to conquer the world and in darkness drown it...

- Prophecy of the tyranny of the sun
  • faluciousub17_ESO
    Sorcerer
    I've never played an offensive caster and thought it would be fun to try. So far it has been a most excellent experience.
    Our sugar is yours, friend.
  • RighteousDevil
    Dragonknight
    Started as Dragon Knight, Nord. Two Handed weapon skill line. Looking to go as an offensive tank, still working out the details.

Bit of an Alt-aholic so more toons coming soon!
  • shmcveyb14_ESO
    Sorcerer
    I started with a Dragonknight tank, but wanted to try out a sorcerer instead. Strictly destro staff/storm calling sorc and so far kicking a lot of ass. :)
  • Ibura
    Ibura
    ✭✭✭
    Nightblade
    Nightblade dualwield with siphonline :)
  • Spectator
    Spectator
    Sorcerer
    I went with a bow using Sorcerer, just to stay far out of the battle and slightly safer.
  • dfredrickub17_ESO
    dfredrickub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Nightblade
    I chose NB. It's a fun class. Went assassin tree with one in siphon and one in shadows. I also spec'd in dual blade. That way i work both Magicka and Stamina, instead of all one. It works. Without siphon i would die to quickly. I wish i didn't choose the ultimate I did, but it's cost too much to respec (hint hint). I play a rogue in Guild Wars 2 and love the class. ESO is so much more intuitive and requires so much thinking as to how to proceed.

Personally, I would suggest allowing respec for free in lower levels (below 10) to allow for playing around and getting a handle on what is and is not. It would keep ones interested and invite new ones without having to create a new character.
  • krapmyself
    krapmyself
    ✭✭✭
    Templar
    "Wandering Knight" really sparked inspiration for class creation.
  • deathwarding
    Dragonknight
    Dragonknight baby, shield and one handed with a splash of magic.
  • Hejmdal
    Hejmdal
    Soul Shriven
    Dragonknight
    I went a dragonKnight, at beta i geared him with plates, now i ll go for Dragonknight geared with mid armor! =D
  • Tamanous
    Tamanous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade
    Nightblade Shadow Mage. Resto-staff with mostly light armor, some medium and at least 1 heavy for leveling purposes. Blows things up fast.
  • rthompson76
    Dragonknight
    Orc Dragonknight. Really liking this guy so far, but I rolled an imperial sorcerer as well who turned out to be surprisingly fun. I'm going to have so much fun with this game.
  • mouri.kogorouneb18_ESO
    Nightblade
    Dualwielding Nightblade, quick kills and lots of fun. With heavy armor you can even fight against multiple targets. I wanted to try sorcerer but nightblade is even more fun at the moment. i guess my alt will be a sorcerer :)
  • Opioid
    Opioid
    ✭✭✭
    Templar
    I went with Templar. Absolutely fell in love with 2H dps with Puncturing Strikes and Radial Sweep from the Aedric tree during the beta tests. I've also been leveling 1h/shield for some tanking goodness. I like the DPS capability, some self heals and solid tanking abilities mixed in. Going straight heavy armor as well, enchanting for stamina and magicka pool/regen when possible with some health mixed in.

I've also got a friend that I've been playing with who went Templar as well but he's focusing on healing and ranged DPS with bow.