The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Missing Lorebook for Eidetic Memory: "Nahirah's Journal" (Post Completion of Associated Quest)

Zinaroth
Zinaroth
✭✭✭✭✭
Eidetic Memory Lorebook: Nahirah's Journal
Should be placed in a house in Satakalaam in Alik'r Desert but it is not there for me, must be a bug with either phasing or because I finished the quest without picking it up. Looking up the associated quest, one of the quest objectives is to read the journal so it could either be that it bugged out or is a case of a quest item being placed in your inventory which you miss out on if you do not interact with it.
Reference number for bug report during Dragon Bones PTS: 180126-001095
Reference number for bug report on live post Dragon Bones launch: 180429-002576

This lorebook is missing for me post quest completion, and has been missing since launch.
I am missing it on a character I did the quest on probably around four years ago - just after the game launched.

This was also posted half a year back in the "Eidetic Memory Bugs/Comments/Help"-megathread:
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/270549/eidetic-memory-bugs-comments-help/p1
The post recieved attention from community manager Gina Bruno, in September 2017, but since then I have heard very little about the lorebook reported bugged in here.

As derived from the reference numbers I personally reported this bug during the PTS for Dragon Bones aswell.

Lastly I would like to include a quote taken from the "Eidetic Memory Bugs/Comments/Help"-megathread: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5082649#Comment_5082649 - page 45 comment number 1347.
Zinaroth wrote: »

Eidetic Memory Lorebook: Nahirah's Journal
Should be placed in a house in Satakalaam in Alik'r Desert but it is not there for me, must be a bug with either phasing or because I finished the quest without picking it up. Looking up the associated quest, one of the quest objectives is to read the journal so it could either be that it bugged out or is a case of a quest item being placed in your inventory which you miss out on if you do not interact with it.

This is the last lorebook I am missing to complete my collection.
Does anyone know a way to get a hold of this lorebook post quest completion?
Thanks in advance! :)

Nahirah's Journal is visible to me post quest, Satakalaam at Nahirah's house on the mirrored dresser 1st floor, wall opposite of the door. I most likely read the journal during the quest. It may be an issue with not collecting or reading the journal from your inventory as Zinaroth suggests if its not there.

So it seems that the user @inclinations has succes with the lorebook being where it is supposed to be post quest completion. I don't know if this user is willing to attach a screenshot of him showcasing it being at the location he described, but I have attached a screenshot in my bug report on live showcasing that it is definitely not in that location for me, as shown below:

m5dlO59.png

Personally I suspect that I am in some kind of other instance than the user @inclinations due to me not interacting with some quest item during the quest, or because I completed it during a different patch than him. For me it is hard to tell...

I hope I can get some help in getting this bug squashed and the lorebook added to the game so that I can finish my Eidetic Memory lorebook collection.

Thanks in advance! :)
  • inclinations
    inclinations
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Zinaroth

That's exactly where it is for me. I most likely finished this quest close to game launch way back in 2014.

Screenshot_20180429_211216.png

Wish I could be more help sorry, the book should be there for everyone that has finished the quest.
    Vet Maelstrom makes me cry.
  • Zinaroth
    Zinaroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @inclinations this has been very helpful and underlines that there is a bug with the lorebook - I hope it gets handled soon.

Thanks for taking your time to respond in this thread with evidence! :)
  • CH77
    CH77
    ✭✭✭
    Can't offer any help - following this thread as I have the same issue as OP
  • Zinaroth
    Zinaroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CH77 wrote: »
    Can't offer any help - following this thread as I have the same issue as OP

Let's hope it gets fixed soon as we now have definitive proof of this lorebook being bugged. Would love to finish my Eidetic Memory come Summerset so I can just focus on the new Chapter. :D
  • Zinaroth
    Zinaroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Any word on when this is getting fixed? Thanks in advance! :)
  • gOnAgO
    gOnAgO
    ✭✭
    Same here. I cant see any book after finish quest. When it be fixed?
    Edited by gOnAgO on August 5, 2018 6:02PM
  • bzz86
    bzz86
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did this advance at all since August 2018 ? I still dont have it and cannot find it where it should be.
  • CH77
    CH77
    ✭✭✭
    Just went looking for this again. Still not there. Has this really not been fixed @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
  • Chosin137
    Chosin137
    ✭✭
    I have repeatedly reported this bug and it is still in the game since launch. This is the last remaining book for me besides the 3 non available books in Summerset. At this point I would be willing to pay a fee for a programmer to fix this error. Please fix the books! This bug is a direct result of failing the quest associated with it because of advancing the Main Quest in zone.
  • NupidStoob
    NupidStoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bumping since it's still not fixed.