Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

The Imperial Edition bonuses should be on every character.

• Sshado
    Sshado
    Soul Shriven
    I really paid for the horse and the rings, because I thought I would be able to bind a character to my favorite duo partner. Now I can only choose *one* person. And by person, I mean account -- not character.

Think 12 months in the future. The rings of Mara are now completely gone, or incredibly scarce. The number of non-imperial players WILL strongly outweigh Imperial players. Even if the Imperial players can use Rings of Mara on each alt character, it still would not even remotely come close to the number of non-Imperial players.

I just feel disappointed that I can only use it once. It makes me never want to use it. I'm too worried I'll make the wrong choice.

Somebody who I love to group with was kind enough to offer their ring to me. What if I take a break for a few weeks, or months? I feel like I would be disappointing them. It's frustrating!
    Edited by Sshado on April 2, 2014 5:46AM
  • Shnoogen
    Shnoogen
    i cant believe i spent extra money to have my bank filled from the get go. love the game so far but it also needs a pet tab them taking up bank slots along with the treasure maps is just rediculouse.
  • nhisso
    nhisso
    ✭✭✭✭
    lol im more concerned about the amount of bank space or bag space the 2,340 (exaggeration ;) ) treasure maps are taking up :P
  • wrlifeboil
    wrlifeboil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is quite a strange setup that Zenimax decided to use where you have to stash the items in the bank before deleting that character otherwise you lose it, but it works. More hassle for the player, but it works nonetheless.

If you do happen to delete them by accident the GMs (Game Masters) are available to help you recover the lost items.

I don't have the Explorer's pack pet or the Imperial version pet yet.
  • Elvent
    Elvent
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can never use my cute pets :( I keep them in my bank because I always run into a shortage problem in my bags so I need all the space I can get and upgrading is so expensive or maybe it just feels that way because I'm new.

Would have been nice to have them and horses to be learnable like most new MMORPGs are doing, not sure why we're going backwards =\ I guess it's an immersion thing.

Didn't ruin my immersion in past games though.
  • bugulu
    bugulu
    ✭✭✭
    Is the ring really binded to the other players account?
    I thought it was your character and that other persons character, not accountwide. If so, then I don't feel it's an issue.
  • MaxBat
    MaxBat
    ✭✭✭
    Elvent wrote: »
    I can never use my cute pets :( I keep them in my bank because I always run into a shortage problem in my bags so I need all the space I can get and upgrading is so expensive or maybe it just feels that way because I'm new.

Would have been nice to have them and horses to be learnable like most new MMORPGs are doing, not sure why we're going backwards =\ I guess it's an immersion thing.

Didn't ruin my immersion in past games though.
    I cannot support any idea that means more pets in the world ...

Mine sat in my back account for the first 48 hours of gameplay, then I destroyed them. I haven't ever looked back. If I ever feel like I need a pet, I just stand in one place for a bit. Usually one wanders by before I have a chance to get bored ...

Oh, and I paid for early access. Plain and simple.

Edited by MaxBat on April 2, 2014 7:46AM
    "Funny that magic doesn't work when a mace caves in your skull."

Playing on a PC, NA Server, since that very first day ...
  • bugulu
    bugulu
    ✭✭✭
    Nybling wrote: »
    The ring is on every character because you can put it in your bank and yoink it out on another character. The ritual binds your account and the second account (account, not characters) in that union for the xp boost.

Just found the answer:

Is the Rings of Mara bonus account- or character-specific?
    Updated 03/19/2014 12:43 AM Published 03/19/2014 12:43 AM

–> The Ritual of Mara can be used once, on one character. Until it is used, it can be stored in your bank. Once you perform the ceremony and get your rings, you must wear the ring and be grouped with the character you performed the ritual with in order to get the experience bonus. (Bound to the character who performs the ritual.)

So it's characterbound, not account.
  • snowmanflvb14_ESO
    snowmanflvb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    mount is on every character
    pets are transferred between your characters
    rigns can be used with every characters

maps are the only thing that is one use but considering it could be exploited if you could have them on all your toons you could just use them delete the toon make a new one and so forth to farm the chests for complete sets of atleast green gear it makes sense to limit them
    Edited by snowmanflvb14_ESO on April 2, 2014 7:52AM
    Magic is impressive but now Minsc leads SWORDS FOR EVERYONE!!
  • bugulu
    bugulu
    ✭✭✭
    mount is on every character
    pets are transferred between your characters
    rigns can be used with every characters

maps are the only thing that is one use but considering it could be exploited if you could have them on all your toons you could just use them delete the toon make a new one and so forth to farm the chests for complete sets of atleast green gear it makes sense to limit them

The rings can not be used with every character. It is not for the account but for one single character.

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6785/kw/Ring of Mara
  • pema
    pema
    ✭✭✭
    Kyosji wrote: »
    Do you HAVE to bind your ring with another character, or can you just use it by yourself and move it from character to character on your account? I don't want to sit here and be forced to 'marry' someone I don't know.

You will only get the rings after you take the pledge with another person.
    In the post you get a pledge of mara and then you can convert it to rings by doing the ceremony. So yes you need to use it to get the rings.
    Officer of Alith Legion
    Ebonheart Pact guild, EU server.
    Check out our site alithlegion.com
  • PixelNo1
    PixelNo1
    ✭✭
    I agree with the original post for how much you pay I expected every character to be able to utilize them however once you use the rings they are bound to that specific character you used them with, Standard edition £40 + £50 for physical imperial edition and you can only use it on one character I feel a little short changed, Still a great game but if they fixed this issue would be even better. :D
  • Gedalya
    Gedalya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bonus/premium content purchased with the Imperial Edition should be tied to the account and available to all characters created on that account. Ostensibly this should extend to future add-ons such as mounts or pets purchased in the online store when they are offered. As it stands I am led to believe that when things like mounts/pets are for sale in the online store I'll have to assign it to a single character? I don't doubt that there are examples of where this may be prudent but not for everything.

Baskin Robbins always finds out.

Check out my ESO name generator: eso.tamriel.org
  • ZurinArctus
    ZurinArctus
    ✭✭✭
    I would have liked the Imperial motif at least. It's a bummer that my Breton (who makes a superior Sorcerer) does not automatically know the Imperial styling. Haven't had any luck finding the book yet either! :\