Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

The Imperial Edition bonuses should be on every character.

Yexi
Yexi
I think that the extra $30 that I spent in order to get the silly rings of Mara, should be on every single character that you make. Not just one per account. Would it be in any way possible to simply make it so that every character that you make, starts off with the rings? The pets I understand, make those one per account, but the rings? That just makes a lot more sense to me. I wasted mine on a friend that is barely going to play thinking just that, that if I make a new character I will have another ring to use.

So would I be able to either get my ring back, and how does the idea of getting the ring on all the characters sound to you?
[style color="red"]Only In The Heart, Are You Truly Judged.[/style]
  • Nybling
    Nybling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The ring is on every character because you can put it in your bank and yoink it out on another character. The ritual binds your account and the second account (account, not characters) in that union for the xp boost.
    Member, Entropy Rising
    - Beta Tester since March 2013.
    - Psijic Tester since October 2013
    - Veteran Rank 16 once upon a time
  • Simonie
    Simonie
    When I bought the Imperial Edition, I thought I would have everything on all my characters. It doesn't bother THAT much but it would have been fun..
    Templar | Member of Légion QC | Aldmeri Dominion
  • ckbuckingham
    It should be on every character, it's not like I can access the bank from everywhere in the world.
  • Rohan_Swift
    Rohan_Swift
    ✭✭
    I also felt most stuff would be available on every character. Pets and mounts on every character seems pretty standard. The ring ritual ok maybe not, but I like that you can put the ring in your bank and use it with the same other account, different characters (if this is accurate). But these restrictions should have been spelled out prior to purchase.
  • beriiel
    beriiel
    ✭✭
    I agree. I've never played a game in which pre-order bonus items weren't available on every character. It should have been stated prior to purchase.
  • GholarDraki
    It is quite a strange setup that Zenimax decided to use where you have to stash the items in the bank before deleting that character otherwise you lose it, but it works. More hassle for the player, but it works nonetheless.

If you do happen to delete them by accident the GMs (Game Masters) are available to help you recover the lost items.
  • Kyosji
    Kyosji
    ✭✭✭
    Do you HAVE to bind your ring with another character, or can you just use it by yourself and move it from character to character on your account? I don't want to sit here and be forced to 'marry' someone I don't know.
  • Steven413
    Steven413
    Hi - as a total newbie with this MMO (I did two short betas) - I define the UBER casual player. That being said, I bought the digital Imperial edition. I figured out how to get my horse...I have not seen the Ring of Mara or any indication I'm getting special bonuses - is there an info link anywhere where I can reference all of the pre-purchase stuff with instructions on how to find/activate, etc.?

Thanks in advance.

Steve
    Edited by Steven413 on March 31, 2014 3:11PM
  • TwistedRiddlesb14_ESO
    Nybling wrote: »
    The ring is on every character because you can put it in your bank and yoink it out on another character. The ritual binds your account and the second account (account, not characters) in that union for the xp boost.

Hey. Can I ask for some clarification on this. So let's say I have a friend and we do the mara ritual thing. My account and his/her account are bound for an exp bonus. I can then switch the ring to another character and bind my account to another account? or I can just switch the ring to another character and still get the exp bonus with his/her account? I'm just a little confused. This is new info for me.
  • Zyphix
    Zyphix
    It's just the pets and rings that are limited, and I can live with that. The other important bonuses like the 1G horse, and ability to create a character of any race in any faction apply to every character you make. I find the shared bank account to be very useful for softening the limitations on pets, and the ability to pull things automatically out of your shared bank during crafting is a huge added bonus.

It may not be exactly what we expected, but it's hardly horrible.
    I always carry dice, because that's how I roll.
  • Yshaar
    Yshaar
    ✭✭✭
    Steven413 wrote: »
    Hi - as a total newbie with this MMO (I did two short betas) - I define the UBER casual player. That being said, I bought the digital Imperial edition. I figured out how to get my horse...I have not seen the Ring of Mara or any indication I'm getting special bonuses - is there an info link anywhere where I can reference all of the pre-purchase stuff with instructions on how to find/activate, etc.?

Thanks in advance.

Steve

Look into your mail. The mail symbol on the top, after pressing C, for example.
    It is all described there. Pro tip: you need to put the ring into a quick slot to use it at the shrine.
  • Yshaar
    Yshaar
    ✭✭✭
    To the OP:

I disagree. I like that only one character has the stuff.
  • Yexi
    Yexi
    Yshaar wrote: »
    To the OP:

I disagree. I like that only one character has the stuff.

Well then thats just silly. It seems pretty standered to me to have the ring available on all of your characters and not just only be limited to one. They said nothing about it being only on one toon, thus it made me a little flustered. I wouldent have payed $30 for all of this, if I can only use the 'best' part of the pack on one toon. ( The rings)

Have I known that it would only be on one toon prior to buying it, I 100% would have not bought it, like I said I thought you would get rings for all new characters.

If they end up patching this, it would also serve as a good story and such for those who enjoy to RP in the game. Other characters can marry other characters, know what Im saying? Or perhaps they will add an item that will make it like that, just for the RP sense.

I have a feeling they will be paying attention to things like that, since one of the developer questions was "Whats your characters backstory going to be?" So there may be a few cosmetic things just for those people like me that love to RP it out.
    [style color="red"]Only In The Heart, Are You Truly Judged.[/style]
  • Almay
    Almay
    The treasure maps disappear after use so you can't share them with other characters anyway. It seems silly...not to mention they take up a good 25-30 bank slots!
  • Kyosji
    Kyosji
    ✭✭✭
    Do the treasures you find scale to the level you're at? If so, seems like a better idea to wait till level 50 anyways.
  • RustyBlades
    RustyBlades
    ✭✭✭
    I paid extra for an account wide mount, the rest of the stuff is just really cool to have. What I've liked would be one ring to rule them all.
  • Zyphix
    Zyphix
    Almay wrote: »
    The treasure maps disappear after use so you can't share them with other characters anyway. It seems silly...not to mention they take up a good 25-30 bank slots!

Wow, didn't know they disappeared after use. Although it probably doesn't matter much now as people are posting Youtube vids of where the treasures are.

I was surprised at having the maps take up so much inventory space, I would have thought that they would be installed into the in-game mapping system. (Such as having a "treasure map" button at the bottom of the map to show the treasure map pictures for the current zone rather than cluttering up our banks would have been a much better system.)

Not going to complain too much though, I like the idea of the treasure maps as an extra puzzle to solve. Hope we can earn more maps in quests as the game progresses.
    Edited by Zyphix on March 31, 2014 4:23PM
    I always carry dice, because that's how I roll.
  • RustyBlades
    RustyBlades
    ✭✭✭
    Zyphix wrote: »
    Not going to complain too much though, I like the idea of the treasure maps as an extra puzzle to solve. Hope we can earn more maps in quests as the game progresses.

The maps should be tucked into the Lore, IMHO. I would like to view them again at a later time.
  • Ragnar_Lodbrok
    Ragnar_Lodbrok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the first mmo in many mmo's where preorder bonus' only applied to one character. I do feel ripped off, as Im not going to play just one character. I feel they deceptively advertised because they never said anywhere it wasnt for the whole account.
  • Paks_ESO
    Paks_ESO
    ✭✭
    I agree with the OP. All the perks should be for each character. It's not gamebreaking for me but it is disappointing.
    PC/NA
  • TwistedRiddlesb14_ESO
    Zyphix wrote: »

Wow, didn't know they disappeared after use. Although it probably doesn't matter much now as people are posting Youtube vids of where the treasures are.

I was surprised at having the maps take up so much inventory space, I would have thought that they would be installed into the in-game mapping system. (Such as having a "treasure map" button at the bottom of the map to show the treasure map pictures for the current zone rather than cluttering up our banks would have been a much better system.)

I am 90% certain that you need to use the map in order to get the treasure. So if you use the map on another character, even if you know where it is, you can't make a second character and go find it, because you haven't used the map on that character. On the flip side, you can find maps that drop off enemies and stuff. So the maps you get from your bonus stuff are not the only maps in the game.
  • skywalkrz1
    skywalkrz1
    Soul Shriven
    I would have to agree with the original poster. It defies logic and standard MMO procedure to make these bonus items available to only one character. A year from now, if I'm still playing, I should be able to create a toon and 'boom' have all the items that I payed for from bonus content since the creation of the account. It shouldn't be my responsibility to move one item around from toon to toon.

And while the joined bank is nice in theory for it's convenience, it is a huge drawback if you want to play more than 1 toon. Each toon should have their own bank space otherwise, I'm getting shorted the storage that second and third, etc. toons should have. What would make sense is a shared bank for the account and a personal bank for each toon. This whole feature was not thought through very well.
  • Felarrond
    Felarrond
    ✭✭✭
    Nowhere does it explicitly state that every preorder bonus is available on every character. And I kind of like the idea of keeping something special. You have ONE ring, you can use it on all your characters but you can only ever bind yourself to one other account. It makes sense to me.
  • LoreRunner
    LoreRunner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So you want to have a pet, that takes up space, on every single character? Do you even realize how much space would be wasted with the Imperial Edition, Pre-order, Beta played character? You would have no space in your bank or anything else to be able to do anything!

There are 4 pets plus a huge amount of maps that you get. You lose half your space on a single character if you leave it on them (which you would have to do since every one of them are UNIQUE and cannot be placed in the same location then)
    If you like my thoughts, feed my addiction! Give me forum credit! :)
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    skywalkrz1 wrote: »
    I would have to agree with the original poster. It defies logic and standard MMO procedure to make these bonus items available to only one character. A year from now, if I'm still playing, I should be able to create a toon and 'boom' have all the items that I payed for from bonus content since the creation of the account. It shouldn't be my responsibility to move one item around from toon to toon.

And while the joined bank is nice in theory for it's convenience, it is a huge drawback if you want to play more than 1 toon. Each toon should have their own bank space otherwise, I'm getting shorted the storage that second and third, etc. toons should have. What would make sense is a shared bank for the account and a personal bank for each toon. This whole feature was not thought through very well.

They seem to be very heavy handed and strict with a lot of things. Im not sure if this is because of lack of experience with MMOs. Or because they fear falling to the wayside as an MMO by being plagued with things other MMOs find themselves troubled with.

I think this game is going to be very successful. But I think Zenimax needs to realize that being different from other MMOs doesnt mean skimping on things that the MMO demographic considers a standard.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • ShiBu
    ShiBu
    ✭✭✭

They seem to be very heavy handed and strict with a lot of things. Im not sure if this is because of lack of experience with MMOs. Or because they fear falling to the wayside as an MMO by being plagued with things other MMOs find themselves troubled with.

I think this game is going to be very successful. But I think Zenimax needs to realize that being different from other MMOs doesnt mean skimping on things that the MMO demographic considers a standard.

Maybe you didnt play "older" hardcore mmo´s ? here you can trade that stuff atleast.. i did play mmo´s where such stuff couldnt be traded at all.
    so you got the stuff on ya highest char... you dont use that char anymore ?
    "TO BAD .. READ THE DAMN INFO" !

The rings are special.. it´s nice that you can trade it... and the purpose shouldnt be like :" here for all your characters that you will play at the same time "

some ppl do like the idea of 1 main char.. which special.. and deserveres all the "love"... but maybe iam just to oldschool.

• Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ShiBu wrote: »

Maybe you didnt play "older" hardcore mmo´s ? here you can trade that stuff atleast.. i did play mmo´s where such stuff couldnt be traded at all.
    so you got the stuff on ya highest char... you dont use that char anymore ?
    "TO BAD .. READ THE DAMN INFO" !

The rings are special.. it´s nice that you can trade it... and the purpose shouldnt be like :" here for all your characters that you will play at the same time "

some ppl do like the idea of 1 main char.. which special.. and deserveres all the "love"... but maybe iam just to oldschool.

Not old school enough to put together a coherent response though. 'Older' MMOs didnt have all these special items and early access. This game has been in development during the time when these kinds of extras became popular and looking at all of the MMOs that have done this. None of them have been so meager.

Sharing these items amongst possibly 8 characters is ridiculous. Now you can stick your fingers and your ears and yell 'LaLaLaLa' as loudly as you want. But it doesnt change the fact that there was no warning. And people have a right to be annoyed by this as its a significant shift from what is considered to be typical of paying extra for 'special' items and access.
    Edited by Korah_Eaglecry on April 2, 2014 3:46AM
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't have the Imperial Edition and while I'd like it (just for the horse really as I have no desire to play as an Imperial, been there done that...) I kinda figure, I didn't pay for it, so I don't have it.

If anything it's a regret that I didn't get it, rings or mara as well. But I don't begrudge the fact I don't have those things when I didn't pay for it.

If I order a cheeseburger but then look at other people that have ordered a burger with the lot, I don't get all upset that they have more fillings than I do when I paid cheeseburger price.

Bad analogy I know, but you get the point I'm trying to make.
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• Winke
    Winke
    ✭✭✭
    kijima wrote: »
    I don't have the Imperial Edition and while I'd like it (just for the horse really as I have no desire to play as an Imperial, been there done that...) I kinda figure, I didn't pay for it, so I don't have it.

If anything it's a regret that I didn't get it, rings or mara as well. But I don't begrudge the fact I don't have those things when I didn't pay for it.

If I order a cheeseburger but then look at other people that have ordered a burger with the lot, I don't get all upset that they have more fillings than I do when I paid cheeseburger price.

Bad analogy I know, but you get the point I'm trying to make.

nah i liked the analogy :smiley:
    :: Winke::Breton Templar::Merchant::
    ::Koke::Argonian Dragon Knight:: Bard::
    The Obsidian Brotherhood
    "Eldest, that's what I am...he remembers the first raindrop and the first acorn...he knew the dark under the stars when it was fearless — before the Dark Lord came from Outside.."
  • Twicebit
    Twicebit
    Kyosji wrote: »
    Do the treasures you find scale to the level you're at? If so, seems like a better idea to wait till level 50 anyways.

I think the treasure is scaled to the zone level range.