Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Wearing the Veil quest bug?

sedi
sedi
✭✭✭✭
Does anyone know if Wearing the Veil quest for AD is bugged? Im doing cadwells Gold and every time I get to the ‘Defeat Other Initiates’ step they don’t spawn in any there is about 20 other players waiting there too just fighting each other! I’ve tried everything but always just other people and no quest progress?

Best Answers

• Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This quest is one of those where the spawn rate is bugged, if I recall, but if you wait long enough and get a hit in when the spawn does happen it should complete the quest step. What always worked for me in a case like this (because waiting could be a matter of days) is reinstancing to find an empty instance, where I was the only player (and there weren't 20 others like you say). There are a few tricks for how to do this, but it generally just involves teleporting over and over again until you get what you want. You can also speed this up by working with a friend, it doubles your chances of finding an empty instance sooner - if your friend finds one first, just travel to player on them and you'll join their instance.

Unless of course this I'm thinking of a different quest, in which case it may just be bugged and reinstancing won't help. Anyway good luck!
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
    Answer ✓
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sedi wrote: »
    Thanks. I gave up and logged off for the night and next day it was ok. Very frustrating bug though.

ESO at its finest lol~
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
    Answer ✓
  • sedi
    sedi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks. I gave up and logged off for the night and next day it was ok. Very frustrating bug though.