The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I want to learn to draw. I want learn to draw stuff form ESO. I dislike ordinary Pencil/Paper

Serjustin19
Serjustin19
✭✭✭✭✭
Keeping ESO related (among non related) I want to learn to draw. I used to take picture of something and use ruler and pen to draw squares. Was taught to do this by my art teacher. Yet it destroy the picture in return. I tried doing this once with my character but not turned out good. Hence I don't like using paper. I have no Legos so I'll have to ignore the Lego building ESO related. So I'm currently using Xperia Z4 tablet (but also have Ipad air) so Xperia z4 "vs" Ipad air. Which one is best to do drawings on? I prefer software and using tablet. To throw in the mix, what software for pc also? I really want use my pc more, instead of collecting dust.

But for mobile and portable what would be good for drawing and what do I need for accessories? (besides finger) any guides for drawing as well, least on tablet. Long ago I know I've read that certain ZOS employee used a certain tablet to draw ESO npcs and such. I want to do the same, yet I know my Xperia z4 and my Ipad air tablet not powerful. Unlike what ZOS employee used. I unable find the link. I know Ipad Pro would be better for drawing. It's to expensive.

But I inherited my adoptive grandpa Ipad Air after he recently passed in Late March of this year. I believe it's the original Ipad Air though. Anyway I have always wanted to draw, could help me with my writing skills to. But I don't believe in myself enough to do so. I just need learn more confidence to. I believe my desktop is powerful enough. But anything under $100 is my price range for me want to spend (I like free to) But so many stuff from Cyrodiil I want draw. I'm mostly PvPer. Also what 3d software also for computer within said price range? Many thanks all.
Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • icicleteeth
    icicleteeth
    Soul Shriven
    Hi! I think it's awesome you want to partake in digital art, it's a great alternative to creating clean work, if you don't have a nice scanner for traditional art!

If you don't mind me asking, what art program are you using? Adobe offers Photoshop CS2 as freeware, but if you want a good affordable digital art program that's newer and has more support behind it, Clip Studio Paint and Paint Tool SAI are great! Both run around $40 for a full license, though from what I've heard, Paint Tool SAI is quite difficult to get if you're outside of Japan, due to their strange policies on what types of email accounts they accept from Paypal. I personally use Clip Studio Paint, and I'm super happy with it, so I can tell you from personal experience that it's a pretty solid program!

As for brand name drawing tablets, most professionals use Wacom. I believe you can pick up a small Intuos model for around $100. Their Bamboo line of tablets are also good, though Intuos tablets are supposedly better (I wouldn't know, as I use their Cintiq line, which is their draw-on-the-screen line, though a Cintiq will run you much higher than your budget)

Hope this helps!
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi! I think it's awesome you want to partake in digital art, it's a great alternative to creating clean work, if you don't have a nice scanner for traditional art!

If you don't mind me asking, what art program are you using? Adobe offers Photoshop CS2 as freeware, but if you want a good affordable digital art program that's newer and has more support behind it, Clip Studio Paint and Paint Tool SAI are great! Both run around $40 for a full license, though from what I've heard, Paint Tool SAI is quite difficult to get if you're outside of Japan, due to their strange policies on what types of email accounts they accept from Paypal. I personally use Clip Studio Paint, and I'm super happy with it, so I can tell you from personal experience that it's a pretty solid program!

As for brand name drawing tablets, most professionals use Wacom. I believe you can pick up a small Intuos model for around $100. Their Bamboo line of tablets are also good, though Intuos tablets are supposedly better (I wouldn't know, as I use their Cintiq line, which is their draw-on-the-screen line, though a Cintiq will run you much higher than your budget)

Hope this helps!

Hi thank you! I'm still looking at options. But I'm up for all options and very grateful for your advice. As well as correcting me with the right term name. I've tried paint on PC, I know some people uses paint to make maps for books. There was one app that similar. Least on Android, from Google play. I don't remember top of head. I've tried, least looked at some poser apps but very uncertain. As for paint tool sai, I'm from United States; hence I'm guessing be difficult for me to get. I only use PayPal as my payment for purchase. Does wonders, having PayPal. Thanks for the advice you have given me, I'll look for the tablet to :)
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.