The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

SSD fixed 90% of my problems.

Soulwatcher
Soulwatcher
✭✭
I have a Xbox one x and I was getting all kinds of texture pop in and the game would bog down and I would also go to a area and things were not loaded until a couple of seconds passed by. And what was the worst thing for me was the rubber banding I would get while I was riding and the textures had to load and the game would bog down.

I knew that this wasn't a problem on PC and that a lot of PC players used a.SSD on thier PC. And I found out that my friend was using a SSD on his Xbox and he didn't have any of these problems either. So I bought a Samsung T5 500gb SSD for my Xbox One X and every single problem that I described is now gone. So if you're frustrated with all the problems that I described, consider picking up a SSD and it will change you're ESO world.
Edited by Soulwatcher on May 4, 2018 4:47PM
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The One X itself has better specs, faster loading, all that stuff, so simply upgrading to a One X (or in your case, using an SSD) can significantly cut down on issues (as long as they are client-side, meaning it's if your system is able to keep up with the server, loading in all the stuff the server is telling it to). Any lag-related issues require a faster or more reliable internet connection, and server related issues... well, you just hope for the best with those... but it's definitely a boon to upgrade like you did.

For other performance upgrade notes, read my old post HERE.
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • Soulwatcher
    Soulwatcher
    ✭✭
    The Xbox One X has a Max of 147MB/s and using USB 3.0 on my Samsung T5 has a Max of 480MB/s and trust me it is faster. I don't have any texture popin anymore. And the reason why I or anyone gets gets slow down when moving to a new area is because the game is pulling textures off the hard drive and that's the same with the city when you run up on a crafting table and it's not there. With a SSD, the Xbox one X is reading the textures almost 3 times faster then the stock hard drive and there is no texture popin. Or waiting for textures to load.
  • Soulwatcher
    Soulwatcher
    ✭✭
    And I just wanted to also add that moving between zone is virtually the same because it's server side and not client side.
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And I just wanted to also add that moving between zone is virtually the same because it's server side and not client side.

There are some parts of loading a new zone that are client-side. Because of that, "virtually" in this instance is entirely a subjective term. It's entirely possible (read: likely) that your load screen speeds are negligably different than mine with your SSD, but compared to my aging launch Xbox One console, my One X loading screens are roughly twice as fast.
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • Soulwatcher
    Soulwatcher
    ✭✭
    I Agree the Xbox One X makes loading times a lot faster than the original Xbox One and like I say zoning is almost the same with the SSD it's the loading the textures of the zone as you venture out in the zone is where the SSD makes all the difference and also in the city I can run right Into the city no matter how many people and everything is loaded. There is no waiting for textures to pop in.