Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Breton nightblade question

xKaSx7
xKaSx7
Making a Breton mageblade. Basically because I want to sneak around forever and ever. But will be playing forealz.. sneakrealz.... anyways full light? Cp location? Faction because PvP? Tips? Abilities ? Am I going vamp probably not or maybe dunno yet. The Breton passives are pretty nice. I'm coming back to eso after who knows how many years now. I quit playing after or almost before the orc dlc came out.. all help needed please and thank you. Oh and I'm on ps4.. don't hate lol

Best Answer

• Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Breton mageblade seems like a pretty fair choice. If you want to sneak (assuming you mean cloak) forever and ever, you'd be looking at increasing your magicka recovery specifically, to the point where your magicka recovery is greater than or equals the cost of cloak. If you mean sneak without cloak, you're looking at sneak cost reduction, although that's only really necessary in my opinion if you sneak A LOT and have pretty much no stamina (which is fairly standard for most magicka builds).

Magicka DPS and magicka healer are fairly similar in builds (presumably you're not rolling a tank), so light armor is a good choice. Due to the passives though, I'd highly recommend only 5 pieces of light armor, and either running 2 heavy, or 1 heavy and 1 medium piece for the other two slots. The heavy will help a little bit with your squishiness, and medium can be used for the undaunted passive (you know the one). This is fairly standard.

CP location is mostly up to you - focusing a bit on spell crit is a good idea - and PVP faction is really your choice. The PVP leaders are always changing - a LOT if you play the game as long as I have - so it's best not to base your faction choice on the current PVP leaderboards. If you are running a DPS build for PVP though, I do highly recommend putting some points into spell penetration in addition to your other damage stats. Generally, avoid anything to do with physical or weapon damage or stamina. You only need points in damage, and just enough health to not get one-hit constantly.

Vamp is alright. Try it out.

Outside of that, welcome back. : D
    Edited by Marginis on May 3, 2018 4:53PM
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
    Answer ✓
  • xKaSx7
    xKaSx7
    Marginis wrote: »
    Breton mageblade seems like a pretty fair choice. If you want to sneak (assuming you mean cloak) forever and ever, you'd be looking at increasing your magicka recovery specifically, to the point where your magicka recovery is greater than or equals the cost of cloak. If you mean sneak without cloak, you're looking at sneak cost reduction, although that's only really necessary in my opinion if you sneak A LOT and have pretty much no stamina (which is fairly standard for most magicka builds).

Magicka DPS and magicka healer are fairly similar in builds (presumably you're not rolling a tank), so light armor is a good choice. Due to the passives though, I'd highly recommend only 5 pieces of light armor, and either running 2 heavy, or 1 heavy and 1 medium piece for the other two slots. The heavy will help a little bit with your squishiness, and medium can be used for the undaunted passive (you know the one). This is fairly standard.

CP location is mostly up to you - focusing a bit on spell crit is a good idea - and PVP faction is really your choice. The PVP leaders are always changing - a LOT if you play the game as long as I have - so it's best not to base your faction choice on the current PVP leaderboards. If you are running a DPS build for PVP though, I do highly recommend putting some points into spell penetration in addition to your other damage stats. Generally, avoid anything to do with physical or weapon damage or stamina. You only need points in damage, and just enough health to not get one-hit constantly.

Vamp is alright. Try it out.

Outside of that, welcome back. : D

That really summed it up, yes I meant cloak I figured with the cost of spell reduction I could do it. And the faction part i was really just interest in the story part again but I went ahead and did the Breton place... sorry forgot what the name was. I'm going to take my time with the toon I don't want to get burned out again , it'll be fun. Thanks for comment