The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Omg its so OP! Nerf it Nerf it!

Osubaker33
Osubaker33
✭✭✭
The constant cries of this is OP or that is OP is really sucking any fun out of this game.

I no longer get excited for changes in any patch because I know it will be completely nerfed to hell by ZoS by the time it goes live.

Its getting so completely rediculous.

If you only main one class please keep your mouth shut when it comes to helping balance. Your completely one sided view doesn't help the game at all. This is especially true when it comes to PvP.
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and you are one of the guys only playing one class?
  • HuawaSepp
    HuawaSepp
    ✭✭✭
    Checkmath wrote: »

He is refering to the 20% dmg nerf of light attacks.
    PTS-EU
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Even if you only play one class primarily, that doesn't mean you don't have other characters and don't play them. One of the reasons I often rant amount DK being so powerful is because I have one and it can be stupidly easy. Just apply dotz, block cast whip and stuff, heavy attack for stam, rinse and repeat. Then Ult when you want to make a kill
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These developers went to the "if it is overperforming, nerf it to the rest" school of design instead of the much more fun and still fair "if it is overperforming, buff everyone else to the same level because people are obviously playing the OP choice more because they like it more" school.

Maybe next game I find will be better designed. Until then, I get by with this as much as I can.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HuawaSepp wrote: »

of which the consistent feedback was that certain classes were getting high 70kish DPS increases. Sounded like ZOS felt that wasn't intended for their vision of empower changes.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes the complaints are needed and abilities and sets need to nerfed like the old malubeth or rearming trap. majority of the time it's a learn to play issue. Whenever I hear someone say their class is weak I instantly think it's an experience issue. What I think it is is players want justification for losing because they can't accept losing. So it must be the class they play because it couldn't possibly be that the persson they lost to outplayed them
    Edited by thankyourat on May 1, 2018 10:50AM
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    These developers went to the "if it is overperforming, nerf it to the rest" school of design instead of the much more fun and still fair "if it is overperforming, buff everyone else to the same level because people are obviously playing the OP choice more because they like it more" school.

Maybe next game I find will be better designed. Until then, I get by with this as much as I can.

If ZoS only buffed and didn't nerf then all content would be trivial within 2 patches. Which is where things were when Morrowind was released and why the massive sustain nerfs were applied.

Even now half the mechanics in end game PvE can be ignored if you can get over a DPS threshold. It' either buff every monster, encounter and gear set in the game do deal with the fact that some people are using a certain combination of gear or nerf the 1 gear set that is strictly better than everything else. What do you think is better?
  • sneakymitchell
    sneakymitchell
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes the complaints are needed and abilities and sets need to nerfed like the old malubeth or rearming trap. majority of the time it's a learn to play issue. Whenever I hear someone say their class is weak I instantly think it's an experience issue. What I think it is is players want justification for losing because they can't except losing. So it must be the class they play because it couldn't possibly be that the persson they lost to outplayed them

But when a class is under performing cause one class gets buffs while others get nerf.
    Sure I main Stam DK. I learn all I can for the way it’s meant to be played but I choose my own path with it. Only problem for Stam DK is that the lack of healing for them for pvp. The DoT damage on a DK for pvp is hard to kill cause you need burst than having different DoTs.

The next patch favors magicka again. But with side par of tanking on other classes.
    NA-Xbox one- Ebonheart Pact- Nord Tank DK
    PC-NA Ebonheart Pact Nord Stam Templar
  • Mihael
    Mihael
    ✭✭✭✭
    in my experience, the people that make threads like this are the ones that are just mad because the one thing that helped them compensate for their lack of skill/ game knowledge was taken away
  • Toast_STS
    Toast_STS
    ✭✭✭✭
    tldr but I agree please nerf
    VR14 DK Leaps-in-keeps
  • Wolfenbelle
    Wolfenbelle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Osubaker33 wrote: »
    The constant cries of this is OP or that is OP is really sucking any fun out of this game.

I no longer get excited for changes in any patch because I know it will be completely nerfed to hell by ZoS by the time it goes live.

I agree about as completely as it's possible to agree.
  • Mondini
    Mondini
    ✭✭✭✭
    I for one am happy to see changes being made in the BETA. seems like a breath of fresh air from zos.
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    HuawaSepp wrote: »

of which the consistent feedback was that certain classes were getting high 70kish DPS increases. Sounded like ZOS felt that wasn't intended for their vision of empower changes.

Than adjust those classes/skills a bit instead of blanket nerf maybe?
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Damage creep is not fun in the long run. I don't want to play an ESO where my light attacks do 1mil damage and bosses have 1tril health.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the problem behind this is the following one:
    if something really overperforms, its easier to nerf it than make everything else competitive again. the seconds i really hard because, we do nt only have PvE content, also PvP, where offense and defense needs to be balanced. if light attacks are overperforming, its easier to lower its damage than to rebalance all defensive mechanism of all players to the amount, where light attacks perform in line.
    if one class skill is overperforming, you rather nerf it, because otherwise you would have to address a buff to all other classes and a buff to the defense, because otherwise damage overall would be too much for PvP.
    now stop crying and deal with simple nerfs instead of having huge changes.
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I can't say I don't have my biases, but it's more just to being familiar with all the itty bitty pain points in my class which has the effect of making it look like I want to be op.

In my opinion, only a few abilities need nerfs, but they should come with buffs too.

These abilities are: cloak and shimmering.

Cloak is meant to be invisibility but the damage reduction it provides is too much. Abilities en route and dots should still hit, for example I could still hit someone in front of me even if I couldn't see them, and them moving out of my view after being stabbed wouldn't stop a bleed. In turn cloak shouldn't reveal when taking single target damage like dots, potl, incoming projectiles etc, and mark/pots would be 1 player only then (no reveals from ST) and only AoEs and reveal skills would reveal. As a disclaimer before I get a bunch of NB hater comments, I think their high damage is fine, and so is the mobility and new shade buff. No other nerfs needed.

Shimmering: Drastically reduce mag returned (to like 100 per hit) but make shimmering 3 projectiles per enemy, so it scales better as a defense, and returns enough mag when out numbered, just not enough to completely shut down a 1v1 ranged build.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Dedricus
    Dedricus
    ✭✭✭
    You're aware that this is how damage bloat happens, right? Nerfs are essential to balance.
  • ZOS_JesC
    ZOS_JesC
    admin
    Greetings, we removed several comments for naming and shaming. Please keep comments constructive and on topic. Personal insults are not permitted as outlined in our forum rules, and if the conversation can't remain civil we will consider closing the thread. Thank you for your understanding.
    Edited by ZOS_JesC on May 1, 2018 2:48PM
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Micah_Bayer
    Micah_Bayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Osubaker33 wrote: »

Its getting so completely rediculous.

If you only main one class please keep your mouth shut when it comes to helping balance. Your completely one sided view doesn't help the game at all. This is especially true when it comes to PvP.

You remind me of a baby...One that needs to be fed and needs a nap currently. Things get broken and things need to be fixed, understand that if your broken setup is broken.. it Will get fixed. In all my time in this game, I have never had one thing nerfed except streak. But armour wise..never. I don't pick flavor of the month because itbwill undoubtedly get nerfed due to changing the flow of the game to make it more interesting.
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think we can all agree, the only things that need nerfing are Zaan, Caluurian, Nightblades and probably half of the Psijic skill line.
    PC EU