Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

Why isn't anyone talking about Sload?

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maryal wrote: »
    I was in Summerset (wearing Sload). I did one LA on a mudcrab and luckily Sload proc'ed. I stood there, expecting the mudcrab to die from the oblivion damage tics ... but no, the mudcrab did not die. I did one more LA and lucky for me the set proc'ed again. I stood there and watched the mudcrab, but even after a second round of Sload's oblivion damage, it didn't die. It was then that I realized Solad isn't OP, but the drama over the set IS.

If you do that very thing with caluurion, the mudcrab would've killed you. I think that's a horrible way to assess a PvP set
    Edited by Waffennacht on May 1, 2018 7:42AM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was in Summerset (wearing Sload). I did one LA on a mudcrab and luckily Sload proc'ed. I stood there, expecting the mudcrab to die from the oblivion damage tics ... but no, the mudcrab did not die. I did one more LA and lucky for me the set proc'ed again. I stood there and watched the mudcrab, but even after a second round of Sload's oblivion damage, it didn't die. It was then that I realized Solad isn't OP, but the drama over the set IS.

If you do that very thing with caluurion, the mudcrab would've killed you. I think that's a horrible way to assess a PvP set

The topic of this post is about sload, not caluurion ... perhaps it would be best to focus on the topic.
    BTW, the mudcrab did try to kill me, but I just stood there with my normal 300'ish health regeneration which healed me just fine (medium armor, stamblade, no health perk build).

And it's not a 'pvp' set ... it's an armor set that can be used in either pve or pvp. If it were strictly a pvp set, the 5th piece bonus would limit the proc damage to players.

Edited by Maryal on May 1, 2018 7:57AM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The topic of this post is about sload, not caluurion ... perhaps it would be best to stay on topic.
    BTW, the mudcrab did try to kill me, but I just stood there with my normal 300'ish health regeneration which healed me just fine (medium armor, stamblade, no health perk build).

And it's not a 'pvp' set ... it's an armor set that can be used in either pve or pvp. If it were strictly a pvp set, the 5th piece bonus would limit the proc damage to players.

My point, which I'll explain to you, is an already established great PvP set (caluurion) would never have proced against the crab, thus you dying. Meaning your testing method is horribly flawed and any conclusions made from it should be completely dismissed.

Edit: if you're in my group running a dungeon and you use sload, I'm kicking you
    Edited by Waffennacht on May 1, 2018 8:01AM
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KRBMMO wrote: »
    I doubt it'll be nerfed before live. This set is just so good for PvP.

I mean shield breaker gets tons of threads. I feel this is breaker on roids.

Sload:

Sload’s Semblance
    2 – 1096 Maximum Magicka
    3 – 1096 Maximum Stamina
    4 – 129 Spell Damage
    4 – 129 Weapon Damage
    5 – Damaging an enemy has a 10% chance to put a Leeching Shadow on them, dealing 853 Oblivion Damage every 1 second for 6 seconds. This effect can occur every 6 seconds.

So it's an easy to trigger proc. It's damage is Oblivion meaning right off the bat it's damage tip is comparable to Overwhelming Surge.

It's unresistable, goes under Shields, is a dot (oh love them triggers)

the damage is Oblivion, it will not be reduced by BS or Resistance or Shields, the value equivalent of 1700 damage tooltip

The 2-4 bonus are really good as well.

I instantly fell in love with this set. When that happens it's usually called OP

It's actually the third 5-piece that deals oblivion damage, but you can obviously only wear two of them at a time. You have Shieldbreaker and knight slayer already. So if you were going to do a stack oblivion build you can already do it. Now you just have a little more flexibility with a DOT instead of upfront damage.

In fact the real change is going to be jewelry crafting, not the set itself.

I've ran knight Slayer, it's very slow and is only reliable with lightning and resto staff - meaning it's slow af.

Knight Slayer is super effective against those huge health builds when combined with defile.

Sload is much much more practical. Shield breaker, despite it's nicheness, still gets OP threads.

Sload works against everything. Sload in a vacuum isn't knocking anyone over. Thing is, when a player is already reeling from burst sload keeps a massive amount of pressure

4800 damage over 6 seconds is manageable though, and it drastically impacts burst potential you can give bc of its 2,3,4 bonuses. 230 effective spell/wpn dmg isn't much at all. It's not a great chance to proc on single target without dots or attacks with multiple hits per second. For instance, a light attack force pulse weave or if all jabs connect has a 35% chance one of damage instances will proc it. That's decent. But for a typical light attack skill weave it's only 19%

In alcasts video he uses aoe to test it with 6 dummies. That's a 47% chance on the first tick of his aoe to proc the set. Of course he'll have good uptime.. however he cannot dictate which dummy it procd on, making it much less manageable and reducing its effectiveness imo. Procing it and procing it against the right opponent in small scale are different beasts.

It's 5,142 base my friend :tongue:

I prefer the mid to late sload proc on a sorc.

Let's see...

For me in a BG it's usually: LA (for enchantment) Cage Swap, Blockade (in summer this may become imbue...) La, Reach, LA, Curse, LA, Wrath (say I don't have to use reach etc multiple times)

That's 10 x 10% before wrath (so Sload really should proc mid or late combo) meaning if Caluurion or Born, Curse etc get them low, that Oblivion keeps mad pressure. ESPECIALLY on fellow Shield users (keeping them in execute range)

If blockade ticks each second after you cast its 12 instances of dmg right? That's a 72% chance that at least 1 of those damage sources will proc sload.

I see what you mean about its strength vs shield users, but you think it's more effective than upping your burst damage to begin with?

I'm focused on BGs and in no CP proc dmg is huge. So with these builds I'm using proc dmg to make up for lower stats.

I'm also running mage Mundus because with these sets mag pool is too low without.

Again though, Cal, winterborn, skoria, zaan, sload all make up for any mediocre dmg stats

Edit: no 3 ticks of Blockade, 2 from reach edit again! Btw you can run poisons for 30% ish more chance?

Imo I have two build ideas. One with caluurion and elemental weapon and another with winterborn and blockade

How are you sustaining in no cp? I stopped playing my mag characters as it just wasn't fun fighting the resources battle.
  • Killset
    Killset
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sixty5 wrote: »
    Thogard wrote: »
    Shield breaker is over 2k oblivion damage every light attack. This set requires a proc and deals a pretty small amount of damage overall.

Infused Oblivion enchant is probably more DPS than this.

>implying someone can't use both

>Implying the only person you'll ever be killing is a Mag sorc doing nothing but spamming ward
    Shield breaker is over 2k oblivion damage every light attack. This set requires a proc and deals a pretty small amount of damage overall.

Infused Oblivion enchant is probably more DPS than this.

2k against only shield users (a big drawback say against Stam NB)

It'll do about 1k Oblivion damage per sec with 90% up time

And on PTS takes peeps outta cloak

Edit: remember when everyone thought acuity sucked because of how the numbers made it look "small"?

It's a better overwhelming surge for PvP

Let me math it up a bit -

Because it's Oblivion damage, in PvP, the base value damage is equivalent to 1700 dmg per sec.

But because it's Oblivion damage, it also ignores armor resistance, so unless you're fully penetrating your opponent, the value is above 1700. Approximately 4%-25% (higher end means most your damage would come from this, say against a permablocker theoretically) but probably just 4%. Meaning it's equivalent value is that of 1800ish damage per second.

If you saw a set with those 2-4 bonus and had a 10% chance on ANY kind of damage to deal 1800 damage per sec for 6 sec with only a 6 sec cool down you wouldn't like it? Yes you would, and this is as good or better

The issue I have is that sets that deal smaller DOT effects like this one are more or less a flat reduction in opponent healing, rather than damage.
    And I am not saying that having access to that isn't strong. Between Defile and this set you could pretty much fully negate a vigor on a low-crit build.

My point is more that if I want Obilivion damage, I'd rather give up a weapon trait and enchant rather than a full 5 piece set.

Well infused Oblivion + this, is hella strong for a finish.

Personally I'm also pairing it with at least skoria and probably Caluurion on my Sorc.

Using the sload for (as you say pressure on heals) and helping proc skoria

With Caluurion + Curse to apply burst on command.

Using Pulse and Imbue for instant abilities.

That's all the pressure and burst you need with the best execute in game
    This set, Overwhelming Surge, Skoria/Zaans together will be another example of broken, stupidly over powered things to come. Overwhelming alone needs a significant nerf. Things are going to get ugly.
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The real question is : can the damage stack from multiple player ?

If 5 guys run this set, wil it damage my ennemy with 5k oblivion damage per second ?
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KRBMMO wrote: »
    I doubt it'll be nerfed before live. This set is just so good for PvP.

I mean shield breaker gets tons of threads. I feel this is breaker on roids.

Sload:

Sload’s Semblance
    2 – 1096 Maximum Magicka
    3 – 1096 Maximum Stamina
    4 – 129 Spell Damage
    4 – 129 Weapon Damage
    5 – Damaging an enemy has a 10% chance to put a Leeching Shadow on them, dealing 853 Oblivion Damage every 1 second for 6 seconds. This effect can occur every 6 seconds.

So it's an easy to trigger proc. It's damage is Oblivion meaning right off the bat it's damage tip is comparable to Overwhelming Surge.

It's unresistable, goes under Shields, is a dot (oh love them triggers)

the damage is Oblivion, it will not be reduced by BS or Resistance or Shields, the value equivalent of 1700 damage tooltip

The 2-4 bonus are really good as well.

I instantly fell in love with this set. When that happens it's usually called OP

It's actually the third 5-piece that deals oblivion damage, but you can obviously only wear two of them at a time. You have Shieldbreaker and knight slayer already. So if you were going to do a stack oblivion build you can already do it. Now you just have a little more flexibility with a DOT instead of upfront damage.

In fact the real change is going to be jewelry crafting, not the set itself.

I've ran knight Slayer, it's very slow and is only reliable with lightning and resto staff - meaning it's slow af.

Knight Slayer is super effective against those huge health builds when combined with defile.

Sload is much much more practical. Shield breaker, despite it's nicheness, still gets OP threads.

Sload works against everything. Sload in a vacuum isn't knocking anyone over. Thing is, when a player is already reeling from burst sload keeps a massive amount of pressure

4800 damage over 6 seconds is manageable though, and it drastically impacts burst potential you can give bc of its 2,3,4 bonuses. 230 effective spell/wpn dmg isn't much at all. It's not a great chance to proc on single target without dots or attacks with multiple hits per second. For instance, a light attack force pulse weave or if all jabs connect has a 35% chance one of damage instances will proc it. That's decent. But for a typical light attack skill weave it's only 19%

In alcasts video he uses aoe to test it with 6 dummies. That's a 47% chance on the first tick of his aoe to proc the set. Of course he'll have good uptime.. however he cannot dictate which dummy it procd on, making it much less manageable and reducing its effectiveness imo. Procing it and procing it against the right opponent in small scale are different beasts.

It's 5,142 base my friend :tongue:

I prefer the mid to late sload proc on a sorc.

Let's see...

For me in a BG it's usually: LA (for enchantment) Cage Swap, Blockade (in summer this may become imbue...) La, Reach, LA, Curse, LA, Wrath (say I don't have to use reach etc multiple times)

That's 10 x 10% before wrath (so Sload really should proc mid or late combo) meaning if Caluurion or Born, Curse etc get them low, that Oblivion keeps mad pressure. ESPECIALLY on fellow Shield users (keeping them in execute range)

If blockade ticks each second after you cast its 12 instances of dmg right? That's a 72% chance that at least 1 of those damage sources will proc sload.

I see what you mean about its strength vs shield users, but you think it's more effective than upping your burst damage to begin with?

I'm focused on BGs and in no CP proc dmg is huge. So with these builds I'm using proc dmg to make up for lower stats.

I'm also running mage Mundus because with these sets mag pool is too low without.

Again though, Cal, winterborn, skoria, zaan, sload all make up for any mediocre dmg stats

Edit: no 3 ticks of Blockade, 2 from reach edit again! Btw you can run poisons for 30% ish more chance?

Imo I have two build ideas. One with caluurion and elemental weapon and another with winterborn and blockade

How are you sustaining in no cp? I stopped playing my mag characters as it just wasn't fun fighting the resources battle.

I run 1850-2k mag regen (just got rid of vampire), resto backbar heavies are always helpful too.

All of these set ups run approximately

32% crit, 2k spell dmg, 2k Regen, 32k mag, 9k stam, 17k health - which is adjustable via Mundus (currently mage)

1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Might make a troll build. Sload, zaan, and torugs infused lightning staff with oblivion, or shieldbreaker. Just cheese people to death. Can't cloak, can't roll, can't shield. And I have range.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    Might make a troll build. Sload, zaan, and torugs infused lightning staff with oblivion, or shieldbreaker. Just cheese people to death. Can't cloak, can't roll, can't shield. And I have range.

Put zaan back on last night, was like, "why did I take you off?"

@ak_pvp what class?
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Waffennacht why all the cheese
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KingJ wrote: »

Because, I'm on the hunt. I'll go back to original ideas once I'm done
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because being forced to ignore magsorcs with 25k HP + 25k shields (unless you zerg them down) is kinda discouraging after a while xD
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because, I'm on the hunt. I'll go back to original ideas once I'm done
    Nahh keep the cheese.
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »

Put zaan back on last night, was like, "why did I take you off?"

@ak_pvp what class?

I'd say maybe my sorc. Decent ranged unblock/dodge hard CC and a finisher. Won't really work the best with zaan, but can keep up decent. OFC NB works wonders too, just need to level it.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »

Because being forced to ignore magsorcs with 25k HP + 25k shields (unless you zerg them down) is kinda discouraging after a while xD

I only have 17k HP.. A friendly enemy told me the other day I'd forgotten my food.. :-)

Edited by Biro123 on May 2, 2018 12:42PM
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Micah_Bayer
    Micah_Bayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    raasdal wrote: »
    Well, it will be OK. But it think it will be just that. OK.

As you mention yourself, it is roughly comparable to Surge. And while Surge is very powerful, it still has the problem of not delivering burst. And it is by now pretty proven, that Procsets with burst damage, achieves kills far easier (Skoria, Caluurion etc.). If this set was 4K Oblivion with a 6-7 sec. cooldown, i would be ALL over this thing.

IF you are going to use this, i would recommend going all in on the design. Combine it with KnightSlayer and/or Torugs with Oblivion Enchants to focus on that unresistable damage.

Surge is very not powerful .
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s not a PvE set lol. It’s a PvP set.

Sloads is weak on a mudcrab comparative to other attacks because you are in a PvE zone attacking a weak enemy. The damage *should* negligible (if not it’d be a serious issue in PvP).

In a PvP zone vs players, that damage will cut straight through shields, resistances/mitigations, CPs... even Battle Spirit won’t reduce its damage. Mudcrabs are not what this set is meant for lol.
    Edited by Vaoh on May 3, 2018 9:50PM
  • Dyride
    Dyride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    waitwhat wrote: »
    Maybe a duelist will run this or something, but let's remember: DoTs can be purged. Use a cleansing set, slot efficient purge, templars can drop a ritual, and magdens can netch it up.

Still waiting for the stamina version of Wyrd Tree.
    V Є H Є M Є И C Є
      Ḍ̼̭͔yride

Revenge of the Bear

ØMNI
      Solongandthanksforallthef
      Revenge of the Hist
      Revenge of the Deer

Remember the Great Burn of of the Blackwater War!

#FreeArgonia
    1. Brutusmax1mus
      Brutusmax1mus
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Anyone know of this stackswith other sloads?
    2. glavius
      glavius
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      What's going to happen: it goes live as it is now. We all craft it because it's OP(in my case expensive jewelry). It gets nerfed 1 month later and we all wasted a ton of mats.
    3. Morgul667
      Morgul667
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Seems like a better viper set (remastered after the nerf)
    4. Brutusmax1mus
      Brutusmax1mus
      ✭✭✭✭✭

5. Waffennacht
      Waffennacht
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

I haven't seen anyone test it.

But I would assume they would, much like how curse doesn't override another curse (not supposed to anyway)

It's not a named effect, (like a debuff) so, again pure speculation, that they can stack
      1300+ CP
      Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    6. Feanor
      Feanor
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      After 4.0.3 hit today I’m really not looking forward to Summerset PvP. It’s going to be who has the most ridiculous build (again), and boy, we’ll see a lot of really ridiculous builds. Not great at all for the game.
      Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
      Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
      All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
    7. Waffennacht
      Waffennacht
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Feanor wrote: »
      After 4.0.3 hit today I’m really not looking forward to Summerset PvP. It’s going to be who has the most ridiculous build (again), and boy, we’ll see a lot of really ridiculous builds. Not great at all for the game.

For me, I'm thinking:

Caluurion
      Sload
      Skoria

I'm a fan of zaan. Two issues though, I die to every other Zaan user because I think their proc is my proc for a few seconds and then I always become to focused on killing whomever it targets.

If I don't like skoria enough I'll just go with Zaan tho.

Atm I decided to give my Templar another whirl (damn you @Lexxypwns !) Big fan of PotL Reach Javelin (using frost staff) etc to proc caluurion and skoria. I really started to cheese it up with soul assault

Very tempted to, when I can:
      Sload
      Desert Rose
      Zaan

Heavy, frost staff, probably use a few block cost reduction stuff in there too
      1300+ CP
      Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    8. kharl08
      kharl08
      The tripoc build.
      Monster helm - skoria or zaan - OP proc set.
      First set - duroks bane - forever major defile.
      Second set - sload - oblivion DOT damage.

Combine it with the rest of your DOT and direct damage and a constant debuff from duroks - your looking at WTF build.

9. Lord-Otto
      Lord-Otto
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      SOMETHING JUST HIT ME!!!
      (Ô.Ô)

Could those nice people that demanded Pirate Skeleton and Wizard's Riposte to not work on shields please come here and demand the same for Sload's, pretty pleeease?
      :trollface:
    10. Savos_Saren
      Savos_Saren
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      I believe that, in the right hands of a Stamblade, Sload’s Oblivion damage + Master’s DW + Automaton (or Blood Drinker) will wreck face in PvP.

A Stamblade can Incap Strike (major defile) apply unmitigated bleed damage AND unresistable oblivion damage... then watch as you struggle to heal through.

All those points you put into Physical Resistances? Negated. Heavy armor? Moot.

The best part? There is no counter part to bleed damage. No magicka version to ignore all spell resistances.
      Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
      Savos Saren
    11. Waffennacht
      Waffennacht
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I believe that, in the right hands of a Stamblade, Sload’s Oblivion damage + Master’s DW + Automaton (or Blood Drinker) will wreck face in PvP.

A Stamblade can Incap Strike (major defile) apply unmitigated bleed damage AND unresistable oblivion damage... then watch as you struggle to heal through.

All those points you put into Physical Resistances? Negated. Heavy armor? Moot.

The best part? There is no counter part to bleed damage. No magicka version to ignore all spell resistances.

I'd also run Zaan

After having Zaan proc on me via the NBs opening LA, then you gotta deal with CCs, damage and that proc. Only really Sorc's streak is effective
      1300+ CP
      Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    12. Lylith
      Lylith
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      in other words, a season of more broken ***.

can't hardly wait. :/