The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

No stamina regen during X, please rework.

GreenSoup2HoT
GreenSoup2HoT
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
No stamina regen during block.
No stamina regen during sprint .
No stamina regen during sneak while moving.

Now these changes happend along time ago and i just have 1 thing to say. These changes make your game feel clunky and plain not fun. Its never worth it to block even for a second on a medium armour build. Its feels counter intuitive to sprint in a medium armour build since you loose so much regen. Sneaking while moving makes sense but its not like sneaking around hurts anyone anymore since ganking has been nerfed into the ground. Magicka builds cant afford to sprint for a second since they need every drop of stamina they can get.

All i propose is that you look at these systems and overhaul them to make the flow of your game feel better.

No stamina regen during block after 1 second of continuous blocking. This allows all classes in game to re-actively block attacks but not loose stamina regen ticks.
Make sprinting stamina costs go exponentially up the more you continuously sprint (kind of like roll dodge cost) instead of no stamina regen. This allows all classes the opportunity to sprint without loosing so much stamina regen.

Please consider changing these systems so that movement and blocking don't feel so counter intuitive.

PS4 NA DC
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No stamina regen during block.
    No stamina regen during sprint .
    No stamina regen during sneak while moving.

Now these changes happend along time ago and i just have 1 thing to say. These changes make your game feel clunky and plain not fun. Its never worth it to block even for a second on a medium armour build. Its feels counter intuitive to sprint in a medium armour build since you loose so much regen. Sneaking while moving makes sense but its not like sneaking around hurts anyone anymore since ganking has been nerfed into the ground. Magicka builds cant afford to sprint for a second since they need every drop of stamina they can get.

All i propose is that you look at these systems and overhaul them to make the flow of your game feel better.

No stamina regen during block after 1 second of continuous blocking. This allows all classes in game to re-actively block attacks but not loose stamina regen ticks.
    Make sprinting stamina costs go exponentially up the more you continuously sprint (kind of like roll dodge cost) instead of no stamina regen. This allows all classes the opportunity to sprint without loosing so much stamina regen.

Please consider changing these systems so that movement and blocking don't feel so counter intuitive.

Stam regen during block is to prevent tanks from simply wandering around with block up 100% of the time. Which, to be honest, is boring in PvE, and annoying to deal with in PvP.

Allowing Stamina to regen while sprinting or sneaking would, effectively, remove the stam cost from those actions entirely. At least on semi-optimized builds. It's pretty easy to get your sneak or sprint costs below your regen.
  • Ladislao
    Ladislao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In fact, experienced players do not lose regen ticks by releasing the block/sprint button / stopping movement in sneak right before next tick. I think there's nothing more to talk about.
    Everything is viable