The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Camping temple skyshards

ClockworkCityBugs
ClockworkCityBugs
✭✭✭
really? who ever practice this coward tactic must burn
when poor guys trying to pickup skyshard unavailable for a long time..
you ganked em

can i report ppl for this?
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

No you cannot report people for that.

Although that is hilarious. Unreal levels of pettiness
  • Alpheu5
    Alpheu5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why not? Anything behind the gates is really close to home for that alliance, so people will fight tooth and nail to push other people out, regardless of how harmless they may seem.
    Dalek-Rok - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Shād - Argonian Nightblade || Dalek-Shul - Argonian Templar || Dalek-Xal - Argonian Dragonknight || Mounts-the-Snout - Argonian Warden || Dalek-Xul - Argonian Necromancer || Two-Spires - Argonian Arcanist || Dalek-Nesh - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Kör - Argonian Dragonknight
    Don't incorporate bugs into your builds, and you won't have [an] issue.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you ganked em

No but you can kill them for it! :)
  • EvilCroc
    EvilCroc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These skyshards belong to Alliance that owns this territory.
    Players of other alliances have no right to use them.
    If you want them - come and take them by force.
    Sneaky rats will be smashed.
  • Skwor
    Skwor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    PvP means PvP, molon labe!
    Edited by Skwor on April 30, 2018 5:17PM
  • Pheefs
    Pheefs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd gank them AFTER, just to be nice about it...
    skyshard tingles.... happy? now DIE
    >:)
    { Forums are Weird........................ Nerfy nerfing nerf nerfers, buff you b'netches!....................... Popcorn popcorn! }
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    you ganked em

Why on earth would you think you’d be able to report someone for this? The complaints department would just laugh at you and rightly so.
  • EvilCroc
    EvilCroc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pheefs wrote: »

No point in this, if you'll gank them after, they will never come back and you'll not gank them again.
  • DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Should be more folk like you. :) I wouldn't (PvEer) be so cranky about croaking in Cyro if I could just get the damn objective and get out of you guys' way. Let me catch the fish or collect the shard and then have at.

Dirty, filthy casual aka Nancy, the Wallet Warrior Carebear Potato Whale Snowflake
  • Emmagoldman
    Emmagoldman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its best to be part of the group that fights to open gates instead of trying to go alone just for the skyshard.
  • mikemacon
    mikemacon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valkyn Skoria killed me after I tried to face him down. All I wanted was his stupid monster helm, and he killed me!

Can I report this?
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EvilCroc wrote: »

No point in this, if you'll gank them after, they will never come back and you'll not gank them again.

Don't worry, I still have other characters that need them. I'll be back for sure!
    The Moot Councillor
  • ShadowMonarch
    ShadowMonarch
    ✭✭✭✭
    LOL

Why would you go into a pvp area, that is designed for pvp, then think you could report somebody for pvp?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you aren't behind your closed home gates, always be prepared for a ganker. Scratch that, if you aren't in you home base, always be prepared for a ganker.

How much more prepared should you be for gankers behind the enemy gates?
  • DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Its best to be part of the group that fights to open gates instead of trying to go alone just for the skyshard.

Aye, so it is but given that my time for doing this is usually between 0300 and 0600....well, you see the issue.

Like I said, I don't mind being ganked (and it's almost always a gank situation) but just let me get the bloody objective.

Dirty, filthy casual aka Nancy, the Wallet Warrior Carebear Potato Whale Snowflake
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is why legitimate reports of cheating and exploiting take so long to process. Silly people wanting to report for things that are simply not reportable offenses clogging up the system. Why on Earth would you think that this is somehow actionable?
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    welcome to the wonderful world of mmos.

if there is a resource of any kind in a pk area people will spawn camp it.

this has been true since day one and will remain so until at least the end of the known universe.

best get used to it.
  • Aisle9
    Aisle9
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd get out of stealth, wave my hand, then incap as the channel is almost done.

Artemis Absinthe - DC magicka nightblade (PC - EU)
    Gruzosh Barrelsmasher - DC stamina sorcerer (PC - EU)
    Kew'bacca - AD stamina nightblade (PC - EU)
    Jebediah Orbrynn - DC magicka templar (PC - EU)
    Hold-Many-Bags - Mule DK, Promoted to main tank, occasionally stamDD
    Olaf Proudstache - Mule - No longer with us Now a Stamwarden healer
    Aglieglie Brazorf - AD magicka sorcerer (PC - EU)
    Rodolfo Lavandino - DC stamina, greatsword wielding, Jesus beam spamming, Redguard hybrid templar just a stamplar again (PC - EU)
    Lemmy Raise Master - EP stamina necromancer (PC - EU)

Scions of Dawn recruitment ad - PC EU multifaction PvE endgame raiding guild

LUI user - I can see you when you fap loot.

#SpellswordArmy
    #MakeSpellswordsGreatAgain

In the Game of PuGs you win or you ragequit

"Dip dip potato chip, dip dip potato chip"
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    mikemacon wrote: »
    Valkyn Skoria killed me after I tried to face him down. All I wanted was his stupid monster helm, and he killed me!

Can I report this?

Haha, his stupid monster helm is his head. I can see Valkyn's viewpoint.
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is what I would do. When a gate is opened that you need a skyshard from... go in there but wait at some random placement where no one traverses through and literally just wait a couple hours. Most people leave them and you can literally walk up to the skyshard and use it with less fear of gankers. You would be surprised at how you can make yourself blend in to avoid others if you know about natural camouflage
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    welcome to the wonderful world of mmos.

if there is a resource of any kind in a pk area people will spawn camp it.

this has been true since day one and will remain so until at least the end of the known universe.

best get used to it.

True enough, true enough. That's why the odd occurrences when someone let's you get what you came for stand out so much.

• Idontknow91
    Idontknow91
    ✭✭✭
    @mikemacon and @Wreuntzylla you two are too funny lol
  • KRBMMO
    KRBMMO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Apache_Kid wrote: »

And obviously not a very smart ganker. If I was going to gank people on skyshards I'd go to IC and get Telvar as a reward waiting. I can't see how just AP alone is worth sitting for half an hour or more waiting for someone to come along. If you suck and just want AP you are better off joining a group and hanging in the back just want AP.
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Love getting those skyshards. Takes either a nice zerg or being incredibly lucky or just a nb sneaking like a b*st*rd. Patience also helps.

Did get ganked after getting one, but that was very thoughtful of the nice person as I then didn't have to cross miles of enemy territory but just rez at home keep :)
  • Vercingetorix
    Vercingetorix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skyshards in the DLC areas including IC actually give you credit as soon as you begin the channel, regardless of whether you get killed in the middle of the animation. I don't see why this code change can't be retroactively applied to ALL skyshards in the game - getting to the enemy shards is a miracle to begin with if you are not in the correct faction. If you manage to get there, you've already earned the shard as far as I'm concerned.
    “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KRBMMO wrote: »
    Apache_Kid wrote: »

And obviously not a very smart ganker. If I was going to gank people on skyshards I'd go to IC and get Telvar as a reward waiting. I can't see how just AP alone is worth sitting for half an hour or more waiting for someone to come along. If you suck and just want AP you are better off joining a group and hanging in the back just want AP.

It depends on your motivation. Some players are doing it just for the lulz. It's a personal achievement to spend insane amounts of time waiting for the perfect gank. It doesn't matter that the AP/minute is horrible or that better rewards (like Tel Var) could be gained elsewhere. They want that gank. It's what gives them joy.
  • Ufretin
    Ufretin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In most cases, the scroll gate being open is the result of some disgraceful zerging/nightcapping/PvD. If so, I have no qualms about killing ppl at the skyshard. I usually let them live the 2nd time they try though.
  • xXMichonneXx
    xXMichonneXx
    ✭✭✭
    I would think the most satisfying skyshard to gank at would be the mountain shard in EP land. You make it all the way up, kill the giant with the skyshard in plain sight then boom. Not that I would do that.
    XBoxOne NA
    910 CP
    50 Imperial Stamblade DC
    50 Argonian Templar Healer DC
    50 Altmer Mag Sorc DC
    50 Imperial Stam Templar DC
    50 Dunmer Mag DK DC
    50 Imperial Stam Sorc DC
    50 Nord Stam DK Tank DC
    50 Redguard Stam DK DPS DC
    50 Altmer Mag Templar DPS DC
    50 Imperial Stam Warden DC
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reminds me of my weeks of logging in checking cyrodiil every few hours waiting for the gates to be open, b-lining it to the gate just to get rekt by campers at the gate.
    took me so long, they were my last skill points too.
    great feeling when I finally got them
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hallothiel wrote: »
    Love getting those skyshards. Takes either a nice zerg or being incredibly lucky or just a nb sneaking like a b*st*rd. Patience also helps.

Did get ganked after getting one, but that was very thoughtful of the nice person as I then didn't have to cross miles of enemy territory but just rez at home keep :)

That or just have so much barriers up they can't kill you so you go right past their defenses : 3 just plow right through their defenses with more defense than they can even knock at.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)