The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Change Class as well as race and name change

Jamesdouble00
Jamesdouble00
✭✭
I would love to be able to Change Class not just race and name change using the Crown store anyone else like this to happen saving your progress,skill points ect.
Edited by Jamesdouble00 on April 30, 2018 7:31PM
  • Knowledge
    Knowledge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    By guild store I think you mean crown store. I doubt this will ever be implemented though.
  • Thealteregoroman
    Thealteregoroman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Knowledge wrote: »
    By guild store I think you mean crown store. I doubt this will ever be implemented though.

@Jamesdouble00

Believe them...their name is knowledge...
    Edited by Thealteregoroman on April 30, 2018 6:59PM
    ****Master Healer...****
  • Jamesdouble00
    Jamesdouble00
    ✭✭
    Yes bro Crown Store
  • gnarlyvandal
    gnarlyvandal
    ✭✭✭
    I don’t think I’ve ever seen this in an MMO that has predefined classes.
    Which is why I reckon characters should just have a basic racial template and all skill lines available, like TES series or MMO’s archeage and secret world.
  • Astrid
    Astrid
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jamesdouble00

Believe me, don’t.
  • badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 classes.... 8 character slots.

Don't be lazy.
    [DC/NA]
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lol not another class change thread , will these ever stop
  • Kodrac
    Kodrac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yes. When they add them to the Crown Store.
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kodrac wrote: »

The day before they switch the servers off

• Jamesdouble00
    Jamesdouble00
    ✭✭
    badmojo wrote: »

Don't be lazy.

Lol I've done 13 Characters not being Lazy just don't want to go through the grind anymore
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Don't be lazy.

Lol I've done 13 Characters not being Lazy just don't want to go through the grind anymore

If you have 13 characters then surely no reason for class change
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kodrac wrote: »

The answer is no, then.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Graydon
    Graydon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What’s the big deal to negative nancies? If somebody wants to pay for a sex change. Or rather change their class, name, and/or race? Have at it.

• Jamesdouble00
    Jamesdouble00
    ✭✭

Don't be lazy.

If you have 13 characters then surely no reason for class change

I want to change my stam dk to another Magic Sorc for PvE so I don't have to mess about changing skills and CP every time with my PvP Sorc.
  • Thealteregoroman
    Thealteregoroman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Astrid wrote: »

@Jamesdouble00

Believe me, don’t.

@Astrid I just got....

giphy.gif

giphy.gif
    ****Master Healer...****
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't be lazy.

cheap answer. I can have only one main character, where i max all my guild skill lines and crafting and bis my gear, and have 18k achievement points. Now sure let me just start a new char from scratch cuz the class i picked is not the one i dreamed it`ll be.
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • Zordrage
    Zordrage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sergykid wrote: »

Don't be lazy.

cheap answer. I can have only one main character, where i max all my guild skill lines and crafting and bis my gear, and have 18k achievement points. Now sure let me just start a new char from scratch cuz the class i picked is not the one i dreamed it`ll be.

this....
  • klowdy1
    klowdy1
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not as long as the entitled are also lazy. I've never heard of a single game where you can just change your main character's class, yet people act like its ridiculous it isn't a part of this one. Play the game, or walk away, but stop asking for short cuts.
  • badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sergykid wrote: »

Don't be lazy.

Why can you only have one main? I created and progressed 8 characters at launch of early access. I did this because there are multiple classes and one character can not do everything in the game because of that. I wanted to expierence the entire game so I planned ahead. It sounds like other people simply piled all their eggs into one basket and are now having to deal with the consequences of their actions. That is life.
    [DC/NA]
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think most people want the class change cause of their 1 character they do everything on and have a sort of connection to. They just want their main to be better. I have a friend who has done like all of the quests, dlcs and crafting on his character + tons of achievements. Then went into PvP and realised he hates his class to the point he wanted to quit the game. And eventually he did. He hated how stamblades can't be front line warriors, are forced to gank or can't be endgame tanks because the community despises it.

It's not at all about laziness. Would you want to regrind all traits, skill points, achievemnts, mount training, motifs etc. on a new character? I doubt it.
    Edited by Nyladreas on April 30, 2018 11:50PM
  • badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nyladreas wrote: »
    I think most people want the class change cause of their 1 character they do everything on and have a sort of connection to. They just want their main to be better. I have a friend who has done like all of the quests, dlcs and crafting on his character + tons of achievements. Then went into PvP and realised he hates his class to the point he wanted to quit the game. And eventually he did. He hated how stamblades can't be front line warriors, are forced to gank or can't be endgame tanks because the community despises it.

It's not at all about laziness. Would you want to regrind all traits, skill points, achievemnts, mount training, motifs etc. on a new character? I doubt it.

I already do that for all of my 15 veterans, the only thing I don't regrind on every character is motifs and traits, because there isn't much benefit in having multiple crafters.

Do I enjoy regrinding things like undaunted, skyshards and lorebooks on every character? Not really, but I want the benefits of doing it, so I bite the bullet and do what it takes. Life is a struggle.
    [DC/NA]
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So that everyone changes his main to what ever is meta this patch? Not sure if that's the best thing.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I already do that for all of my 15 veterans, the only thing I don't regrind on every character is motifs and traits, because there isn't much benefit in having multiple crafters.

Do I enjoy regrinding things like undaunted, skyshards and lorebooks on every character? Not really, but I want the benefits of doing it, so I bite the bullet and do what it takes. Life is a struggle.

Exactly, why should a game be a struggle as well?
  • badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because a lot of people find satisfaction in overcoming adversity.
    [DC/NA]
  • OmniDo
    OmniDo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll just be happy with a faction change, kthx.
  • KRBMMO
    KRBMMO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would like a class change, but I realize it would just encourage people to play the Meta of the day.

Mag DK OP this patch - Class & race change
    Stam Sorc Nerfed this patch - class and race change
    Stamblade OP this patch - Class & race change
    Mag Sorc OP this patch - class & race change
    MagBlade OP this patch - class & race change

This really would be "pay to win". You don't have to grind up 5 toons of different classes and actually learn about the game - you just play one character and then pay with real money to get the best class whenever the tide changes.
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Because a lot of people find satisfaction in overcoming adversity.

A lot also do not.. and have money to avoid such stupidity.
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Since pretty much every other decision you make with your character seems to have about as much weight and impact as a tissue-paper bowling ball I am sure that they will eventually get around to devaluing this one too.

Here's hoping it takes them a really long time though.

I'd prefer classless over class change any day.
  • bareheiny
    bareheiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t think I’ve ever seen this in an MMO that has predefined classes.
    Which is why I reckon characters should just have a basic racial template and all skill lines available, like TES series or MMO’s archeage and secret world.
    DCUO.

Classes are defined by power...nature, electricity, water, celestial = DPS or healer, light, munitions, mental = DPS or DPS...and then there's a tank / DPS set.

Power respect tokens are available...which leads to folk purchasing them and changing powers to whatever happens to be fotm. Which also leads to having inexperienced players trying to tank / heal / control on a end-game character.

• Sixsixsix161
    Sixsixsix161
    ✭✭✭
    To those of you who are negative about this suggestion, my question is Why?

It's not something that impacts you. Who cares if another player wants to change his magsorc into a stamNB, or whatever.

If he/her wants to pay the price of something like that, let him/her.

It's not hurting your wallet.