The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Doing Psijik Skills while blocking?

Sun7dance
Sun7dance
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
I just want to ask, if that's possible?
Combined with the two passive skills (major protection and the damage shield) this could be too much in my eyes.

Thanks!
Edited by Sun7dance on April 30, 2018 11:01AM
PS5|EU
  • glavius
    glavius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't channel/use skills with a casttime, and block at the same time
  • Sun7dance
    Sun7dance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, but Mediate seems to be an instant skill.
    I'm just curious, if you you can do this skill while blocking, restore your ressources and decrease the incoming damage by 80% at least while you do that.
    Edited by Sun7dance on April 30, 2018 3:40PM
    PS5|EU
  • katzbird
    katzbird
    Soul Shriven
    No. Meditate is a channeled skill. When you activate the ability, you can't do anything else until you cancel it (activating block while it's active will cancel it). If you're blocking when you activate it, you'll drop block.
    Edited by katzbird on April 30, 2018 3:47PM
  • Sun7dance
    Sun7dance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok, thx for that!
    PS5|EU
  • skinnycheeks
    skinnycheeks
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only way I’ve seen to combine meditate with block is to use the one hand and shield ultimate and then meditate. You’d get the 50% damage reduction from blocking and then 30% from major protection.
  • Sun7dance
    Sun7dance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only way I’ve seen to combine meditate with block is to use the one hand and shield ultimate and then meditate. You’d get the 50% damage reduction from blocking and then 30% from major protection.

You can also reduce more damage with passive skills. Wow, that's sound like 6s for free to get ressources back.
    Sorry, too strong for PvP in my eyes!

Edited by Sun7dance on April 30, 2018 5:54PM
    PS5|EU
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The cost is in losing warhorn.. which is a big group dps loss.

Honestly, I like it when you have the option of something gimmicky like this at the very real cost of an ultimate, A great big nope not dying today button..