The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

So I opened and bought elder scrolls online years ago under one account in the computer...

DadoElite
DadoElite
Soul Shriven
Then I moved it to the family Xbox one, which is now my son's Xbox one. I have my own Xbox now and bought summerset. I can't okay it because they say I need to purchase tamriel unlimited. But I did purchase that under my son's account years ago. I do not want to rebuy and he never has played it. I should be able to move to the other Xbox account. Please help

Best Answer

• UPrime
    UPrime
    ✭✭✭✭
    DadoElite wrote: »
    But I did purchase that under my son's account years ago.
    And that's the problem. The purchase is tied to the account. This isn't an ESO issue. This is an XBOX issue. I'm not sure if it's possible to move purchases between accounts.

Your only options is to do what @Marginis suggested or buy it again.
    Answer ✓
  • DadoElite
    DadoElite
    Soul Shriven
    He was DemoElite. I am DadoElite
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you buy ESO on PC, you still have to buy a copy on xbox. Only the account will follow, because you need an xbox live account and an ESO account to play. If you want to have copies of the game on two xboxes, download the game with the xbox gamertag that bought it onto one console, then the other. Set the console that will be using the gamertag that did not buy the game to the home console of the gamertag that bought the game. This is under settings. This you can also only do with a digital copy. With a physical copy you need two copies of the game. Also be aware that DLC bought on the ESO crown store only allows the ESO account that bought it to access its features, not the other gamertag.

As far as moving your ESO account, you can unlink and relink it to different xbox gamertags on the ESO website under account settings. This way you can transfer it from gamertag to gamertag, but it can only be linked to one at a time. For both of you to play ESO, you both need individual ESO accounts, individually linked to your gamertags. If you are looking to transfer characters or items from playing on PC to on xbox, that option is sadly no longer available.

Hope this helps, let me know if I need to clarify anything.
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To more specifically address what I think will help: download your son's gamertag onto your xbox. Set your xbox to his home xbox. Download ESO from his gamertag, and as long as your xbox is his home xbox and he uses his gamertag on his xbox, you should both be able to play ESO.
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UPrime wrote: »
    DadoElite wrote: »
    But I did purchase that under my son's account years ago.
    And that's the problem. The purchase is tied to the account. This isn't an ESO issue. This is an XBOX issue. I'm not sure if it's possible to move purchases between accounts.

Your only options is to do what @Marginis suggested or buy it again.

Its not an xbox issue.

options are as follows:
    1. Use the son's xbox live account to log into your other xbox one, and assign the xbox as the sons Home xbox one. Now Dad logs into son's xbox one and assign sons xbox as dad's home xbox *This allows you both to share digital purchased to the other.
    2. Dad need to install game and start new (you won't keep your old account because that's you're son's) But you don't have to buy the base game again. You will need to buy any and all DLC regardless because it can't be shared in this game which is different than almost all other xbox one digital games and gitial DLC.

Just to clarify its not a problem just a lack of understanding on how things work.
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501