Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Own Queue for Imperial City

RealPhoenix
RealPhoenix
✭✭✭
Imperial City (IC) is such a nice zone, but unfortunately its not very populated.
The reasons for that is, in my opinion and observation, mostly the lack of ease of access.
As IC is only accessible from the Sewers in the middle of the Cyrodiil Map, most players will not go there if their faction doesnt currently have a keep nearby - something that is, as we all know, often the case in the two campaigns we have atm.
Furthermore, campaigns can be full and it´s just annoying to wait in a queue even though you dont actually want to play in Cyrodiil itself.

Why not introduce a separate queue for IC?
One could add the Queue to the Alliance War Tab as a new option. In my opinion, it would even suffice to have one server with cp enabled as no-cp in IC is mostly empty anyway at the moment and doesnt have a big target audience.
PC EU - @RealPhoenix | Cyrodiil´s FIST | 1500 CP | Dedicated PvP Player | 36k Achievement Points
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you're absolutely right...it's been like this for what - two and half years...

i'm not quite sure what the issue could be on zos' end...

it seems to be one of the most obvious much needed improvements for pvp...
    Edited by geonsocal on April 25, 2018 2:01AM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree that something should be done to IC in order to increase their population, but I disagree on the reasons because it is the way it is.

Let say you´re in a campaign where your home-keeps has been taken by another alliance, so you´ve to ride from your base all the way to the sewers. With a slow horse the ride will take around 10 minutes (give or take +/- 1 or 2 minutes), assuming you don´t get attacked on the way. People can happily wait 45-60 minutes to queue into Vivec during prime-time, but complain that IC is difficult to access because you´ve to spend a maximum of 10 minutes riding there? I don´t buy it.

Reason IC is un-populated is simply because the rewards IC offers are not appealing enough.
  • ShadowMonarch
    ShadowMonarch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    Reason IC is un-populated is simply because the rewards IC offers are not appealing enough.

This 100% with the fact that whenever you do get good group pvp in IC it turns into a bigger zerg fest then Cyrodil, people can literally spawn 100 feet away, walk through a door and be right back at the bottom of the stairs in your area.

The rewards haven't been updated in god knows how long so most players no longer have a need to be there.

• Mister_DMC
    Mister_DMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to que directly into IC. And please move spawn points or something.
  • Mudcrabber
    Mudcrabber
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to separate IC from the campaign too. It just adds hassle to travel there, and it feels like a disservice to my faction to count against the pop cap when I'm not in Cyrodiil.

Another thing that bugs me is the difference in PvE difficulty between the CP and non-CP campaigns. IC sewers on a non-CP campaign is almost pointless, except that you don't have to worry about gankers because nobody's there. Nobody wants to grind tel var half as fast and die twice as often. Non-CP IC ought to be made easier, or CP IC should be harder.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what's weird is that zos has had all this same feedback for years - and, still no change...

the last change to happen in IC wasn't really that good at all for gameplay...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Iskras
    Iskras
    ✭✭✭
    Wrong, problem is not the difficulty of entering, is entering die and lose everything you have conquered with hard work. The idea of losing 50% of what you achieve is absurd ... discourages anyone from going into IC.
    Edited by Iskras on April 26, 2018 6:34PM
  • Kelces
    Kelces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely, it's about time there was a seperate population for the City. It makes no sense to have a locked population for Cyrodiil, when one bar is probably in the IC and not fighting for keeps.

Currently on the EU server there are only 2 campaigns that are well populated anyway, beside the "below 50" one. The others are just a testing ground and are basically dead. So why not change one of those to IC and be done with annoying lack of numbers for objectives and fight for emperor?
    You reveal yourself best in how you play.

Kelces - Argonian Templar
    Farel Donvu - Dark Elf Sorcerer
    Navam Llervu - Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Aniseth - Wood Elf Warden
    Therediel - Wood Elf Templar
    Nilonwy - Wood Elf Nightblade
    Jurupari - Argonian Warden
    Kú-Chulainn - Argonian Sorcerer
    PC - EU
    For the Pact!
  • RealPhoenix
    RealPhoenix
    ✭✭✭
    I agree that something should be done to IC in order to increase their population, but I disagree on the reasons because it is the way it is.

Let say you´re in a campaign where your home-keeps has been taken by another alliance, so you´ve to ride from your base all the way to the sewers. With a slow horse the ride will take around 10 minutes (give or take +/- 1 or 2 minutes), assuming you don´t get attacked on the way. People can happily wait 45-60 minutes to queue into Vivec during prime-time, but complain that IC is difficult to access because you´ve to spend a maximum of 10 minutes riding there? I don´t buy it.

I agree that the rewards aren´t great, but your reasoning above is misleading and confusing.
    For one, if you want to go to IC AND Vivec is full, you will have to a) wait for the queue to pop and b) eventually still ride a long time, depending on the keeps you have. So you will have your 10 minutes of riding and the queue, which basically negates your reasoning completely.
    Secondly, talking about rewards - can you tell me any nice PvP rewards in Cyrodiil? I couldn´t name a single one, so IC still has better rewards than that, proving that the rewards per se cant be the issue.
    Edited by RealPhoenix on April 27, 2018 1:28PM
    PC EU - @RealPhoenix | Cyrodiil´s FIST | 1500 CP | Dedicated PvP Player | 36k Achievement Points
  • RealPhoenix
    RealPhoenix
    ✭✭✭
    Iskras wrote: »
    Wrong, problem is not the difficulty of entering, is entering die and lose everything you have conquered with hard work. The idea of losing 50% of what you achieve is absurd ... discourages anyone from going into IC.

You lose 50% of your Tel Var - so what? In Cyro you dont get Tel Var at all :#
    The nightblades ganking people in IC is a separate issue that should not be discussed in this thread, but I believe that with higher population, that also becomes less of a problem.
    After all, IC is a PvP zone. If you want to go there to farm Tel Var and not expect to meet other players, youre delusional.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fr3ak1n0ut wrote: »

I agree that the rewards aren´t great, but your reasoning above is misleading and confusing.
    For one, if you want to go to IC AND Vivec is full, you will have to a) wait for the queue to pop and b) eventually still ride a long time, depending on the keeps you have. So you will have your 10 minutes of riding and the queue, which basically negates your reasoning completely.
    Secondly, talking about rewards - can you tell me any nice PvP rewards in Cyrodiil? I couldn´t name a single one, so IC still has better rewards than that, proving that the rewards per se cant be the issue.

PC/EU: Vivec is pop-locked during prime-time, IC on Vivec is less populated than Shor (where no alliance got a pop-locked bar). So if the important thing is to play in imperial city, you queue for Shor, and not Vivec

The rewards of PvP in Cyrodil is to fight other players, which is what PvP is all about. Most people rate that much higher than killing NPC´s for tel-var. Imperial City doesn´t offer the same PvP action as Cyrodil does.
  • RealPhoenix
    RealPhoenix
    ✭✭✭

PC/EU: Vivec is pop-locked during prime-time, IC on Vivec is less populated than Shor (where no alliance got a pop-locked bar). So if the important thing is to play in imperial city, you queue for Shor, and not Vivec

The rewards of PvP in Cyrodil is to fight other players, which is what PvP is all about. Most people rate that much higher than killing NPC´s for tel-var. Imperial City doesn´t offer the same PvP action as Cyrodil does.

No but that is exactly the point! IC shouldnt be for killing NPCs, it is a PvP zone. So this zone, too, is there to fight other players, with some added incentive being the tel var stones.
    Of course it is not the same kind of pvp nor should it be, but that is out of the scope of this discussion.
    Just queueing for shor obviously doesnt solve the problem at all. Shor is full DC 24/7 which brings us back to the original problem of the discussion: We have to ride there for 10 minutes instead of just being able to queue for IC seperately.
    Edited by RealPhoenix on April 27, 2018 2:00PM
  • Mudcrabber
    Mudcrabber
    ✭✭✭✭

If you return to the bank, your remaining 50% is totally secure. If I'm farming Tel Var, I just expect that I might lose half of it. And it's countered by the multiplier where having more Tel Var increases the rate at which you accumulate it, so luck goes both ways here.

It's practically the only zone in the game that makes you afraid of dying.
  • RealPhoenix
    RealPhoenix
    ✭✭✭
    Mudcrabber wrote: »

If you return to the bank, your remaining 50% is totally secure. If I'm farming Tel Var, I just expect that I might lose half of it. And it's countered by the multiplier where having more Tel Var increases the rate at which you accumulate it, so luck goes both ways here.

Isnt that a good thing? I like the challenge and excitement tbh.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Since the City has no direct influence on scoring the campaigns, one has to ask why the residual effects from the old way of getting to the city continue. (IIRC you had to own either the whole ring, or at least the fort nearby to even get in there)

Why are the Sewers part of a campaign if they do not contribute to it's scoring?

Questing in Cropsford and fighting for the town has more strategic and faction score significance than owning the entire Imperial City. That seems backwards doesn't it?
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • daniel.13b16_ESO
    daniel.13b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Either seperate or include IC.
  • Iskras
    Iskras
    ✭✭✭
    Mudcrabber wrote: »

I return every time on bank :)