Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Que-able Death match is coming, BYE-BYE ZERG-0-diil!

• Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Avran_Sylt wrote: »
    Dope, then those resource warrior small groups will finally be gone.

Yes, we can finally zerg v door in peace!
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Minno and @DeadlyRecluse are right, the solo fights are way better in those modes than deathmatch.
    There's less "Everyone stay stacked!", "Sigil on me!", "regroup!"

Folks are more willing to spread out across the map, take an interesting route to an objective. And take your bait :trollface:

Hope the sigil gets removed
    Edited by Grimlok_S on April 24, 2018 3:42PM
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    Until they fix the scoring and remove the damage sigil, I have a hard time taking deathmatch seriously. I'm guessing the DM-queue will be the same 12 people over and over again, once the ultimate cheese gets identified.

Chaos ball is the true one mode. Sure you'll have a nerd thinking he can tank the full team, but you can deathmatch on the side without the sigil and know where to go on the map for legit fights.

All the other modes scream "pvo" (player versus objective). Even deathmatch makes players just spam executes lol.

I think the first half of crazy king is pretty good too--mobile objectives with fights on them! It becomes trash when there are enough flags where the optimal strategy is just to flip-and-dip, but the first 200-300 points are super fun.

I almost feel like crazy king should be 2 flags max.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I played a few battlegrounds I wasn't that impressed. I am a archer so I also used my bow in battlegrounds that includes snipe. My point is that since battlegrounds are no cp again I was killing people with snipe and poison injection easy it was like some of them had nothing on. I was averaging 20+ kills each round rather it was death match or not. I would rather play in cyrodiil where there is a challenge battlegrounds are to easy especially death match because they are no cp. I die easy also in battlegrounds but my deaths was a lot less then my kills was. Heck some of the kills I got all I did was heavy attack poison injection. Battlegrounds don't require skill or tactics. I was for no cp in battlegrounds but now everyone is just so squishy and easy to kill. I like a challenge there needs to be some common ground between no cp and cp not sure what it could be but I know battlegrounds right now it just to easy.
    Edited by Jake1576 on April 24, 2018 4:11PM
  • Prince_of_all_Pugs
    Prince_of_all_Pugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No-Cp is better for a wide range of players though, if BGS were CP again, those poor lowbies wouldnt stand a ghose of a chance against the cheese teams.
  • ChefZero
    ChefZero
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would like to see 8v8 and 12v12 (no 3 way PvP) with CTF and CTH mechanics. Just copy and paste Warsong Gulch for example :D

I don't think 4v4 is a good idea, too arena like and balance issues will be most noticable there.
    PC EU - DC only
  • Prince_of_all_Pugs
    Prince_of_all_Pugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please no 8v8 or 12v12, people will just zerg.
  • Irylia
    Irylia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChefZero wrote: »
    I would like to see 8v8 and 12v12 (no 3 way PvP) with CTF and CTH mechanics. Just copy and paste Warsong Gulch for example :D

I don't think 4v4 is a good idea, too arena like and balance issues will be most noticable there.

I don’t mind seeing 8v8/12v12’s provided they are objective based game types and require many points/flags to be captured which should spread the players out a tad. Also only solo/duo q into these larger game types so no pre mades

Primarily I would like to see 4v4/6v6 on deathmatch maps (no sigil)
    Premade “rank” not pug groups
  • Mr_Nobody
    Mr_Nobody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bgs are as cancerous as Cyrodiil during proc set era
    ~ @Niekas ~

• Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Astrid_V wrote: »
    I'm disappointed that there will be only 3 types of matches to queue: deathmatch, relicts and domination.

Why there is no queue for chaosball or crazy king?

because nobody likes chaosball/crazy king. They are too RNG based, and favour build type over player skill.

Also on the topic, it still needs 2 teams only mode. 3 teams completely destroys the competitiveness, and makes it a chaotic, but casual experience.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on April 28, 2018 11:28AM
  • MipMip
    MipMip
    ✭✭✭✭
    With the upcoming patch, death match will now be queable for BG's. This is great for people who are tired of fighting the massive zergs in cyrodiil. this will probably reduce the population of cyrodiil all together,being that there is a better method of pvp. Get ready for a population crash in cyrodiil!

To me, queable death matches are great - great - great - me jumping for joy! news (as I am not interested in the other modes and so tired of getting into them when I hope for death match) but no replacement for good fights in Cyrodiil, which I enjoy even more.

And I think that fortunately this will not affect the Cyrodiil population in any significant way as many Cyrodiil players aren't interested in BGs at all (as has been said by others above)
    PC EU ∙ PC NA

'My only complaint about ball groups is that there aren't enough of them. Moar Balls.'
    - Vilestride
  • Sevn
    Sevn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Until they fix the scoring and remove the damage sigil, I have a hard time taking deathmatch seriously. I'm guessing the DM-queue will be the same 12 people over and over again, once the ultimate cheese gets identified.

Chaos ball is the true one mode. Sure you'll have a nerd thinking he can tank the full team, but you can deathmatch on the side without the sigil and know where to go on the map for legit fights.

All the other modes scream "pvo" (player versus objective). Even deathmatch makes players just spam executes lol.

Wait, so you only define pvp as killing another player? Not player vs player, but player killing player?

Is that why some you play pvp? Just to pad a kdr? Wow, such simplistic views.

Also, no to the 4v4. If you want that go play a traditional PvP game. This games BG's is built around the alliance war, that's AvAvA. Makes zero sense lorewise to go another route.
    Edited by Sevn on April 28, 2018 7:00PM
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man, true nobility is being superior to your former self
    -Hemingway
  • ShadowMonarch
    ShadowMonarch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sevn wrote: »

Wait, so you only define pvp as killing another player? Not player vs player, but player killing player?

Also, no to the 4v4. If you want that go play a traditional PvP game. This games BG's is built around the alliance war, that's AvAvA. Makes zero sense lorewise to go another route.
    Then why do factions not matter for the team you are put on?

Makes zero sense lore wise why they got rid of western morrowind, slid eastmarch and the rift off to the east into its place.

Lore in TES is ALWAYS flexible and has always been in every game but ESO takes it to a new level.

Edited by ShadowMonarch on April 28, 2018 8:00PM
  • Prince_of_all_Pugs
    Prince_of_all_Pugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sevn wrote: »

better to pad a KDR then to WIN A ZERGING CONTEST (campaign). all cyrodiil is a zerging contest.
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm staying in Cyrodiil.
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think fact that battlegrounds will now be able part of base game content will have higher impact on the population then the fact that people will be able to queue for certain match types.
  • Prince_of_all_Pugs
    Prince_of_all_Pugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CYrodiil is for the Zerglings after next patch.
  • Hammy01
    Hammy01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I personally am not a big fan of ESOs current BGs and I don' t think a queue-able Death match is going to fix that. What would however is something akin to Alterac Valley in wow. It has been 10 years or more since I last played and it is still the most fun I have ever had in PvP :).
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

This.