The connection issues for the North American PC/Mac megaserver have been resolved at this time. If you continue to experience difficulties at login, please restart your client. Thank you for your patience!

My point of view of Necromancers on the Lore

• notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kierro wrote: »
    Kierro wrote: »
    Argonians as a whole, think necromancy is an atrocity. There's an Argonian tribe called the Veeskhleel or the Ghost People. They're accused of being necromancers, because they have a habit of kidnapping and/or stealing dead Argonians. Rumours are they use the dead as fertilizer for their Hist tree, where others believe the living are used for necromantic experiments. To Argonians, a body is a vessel for reincarnation, if it is destroyed or tampered with, the soul can't return to its family and be reincarnated into a new body. A necromancer, especially if that necromancer is an Argonian (I've seen quite a few) is a major insult, and in many cases worse then slavery to the Dunmer. Where if in slavery, you have a chance to return to your Hist if you die. Necromancy is a guaranteed "No."

And yet Argonians revere Sithis. I wouldn't take morality lessons from filthy sithis worshipping tree licking lizards.

Sithis isn't a necromancer, so your comment is a moot point. Argonians (as a whole) are atheistic or agnostic, at best. They don't worship a god or gods. At least, not in the same sense as other races. It's like Buddhism, where they acknowledge Sithis' existence, but don't actually worship him. That's not to say there's not those who try. Also, Sithis is neither good nor bad, like all gods. Akatosh created Alduin to do the very thing Sithis does, cause death and chaos. So the Nine aren't so morally just, either. In a manner of speaking, if Sithis had a form, it would be Alduin. Sithis would also despise necromancy, because necromancers would take souls from the void, but never give back.

Several issues with this:

1:I said argonians revere Sithis, I didn't say worship. They revere him enough to send shadow scales off to a murderous insane Dark Brotherhood.
    2:Atheist or Agnostic isn't really the right word. If you know deities exist, you can't be either.
    3:Sithis not being a necromancer is irrelevant. If you had a culture that sent off children to become murderers, I wouldn't take moral lessons from them on how something else is bad. Hence my response to your comment that described why argonians oppose necromancy.
    4:Also I don't buy the utterly morality relativism arguement that x deities in Elder Scrolls can't be judged to be evil. Especially considering deities in Elder Scrolls *do* judge each other evil and such.
    5:My comment wasn't entirely meant to be serious

1. And we send our sons to train in the military for the protection of our sovereignty. Do you know 'why' shadowscales are sent to the brotherhood (purpose not the selection based on birth)
    2. Agnostics understand they do not know if deities exist. Technically, it is the closest way we could understand Argonian beliefs. We live in a world without such obvious evidence of godlike beings unlike Tamriel
    3. Every single culture, that has survived to leave records, has done this. Argonians have shadowscales and we have militaries. Are you telling me no society in human history is worthy of imparting morality on you?
    4. Evil is a point of view. What is good and evil is all matter of perspective and situation.
  • srnekro
    srnekro
    ✭✭✭
    FakeFox wrote: »
    Racist? Since when is Necromancer a race? :D

Yes, yes, very amusing. I am sorry for the grammar mistake. It would make more sense if it would be "classiest" or something, rather than "racist". Yes, Necromancer isn't a race, I know, but camon, the point is there...
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How fitting for a thread about necromancers to be thread necromancied a month later.

Is the Necromancer's Moon out or something?
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just want to play a Necromancer, it is going to be epic!!
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • srnekro
    srnekro
    ✭✭✭
    How fitting for a thread about necromancers to be thread necromancied a month later.

and they will be getting "necroed" untill we have a Necromancer AS CLASS.
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    srnekro wrote: »

Wait seated.
  • srnekro
    srnekro
    ✭✭✭

Wait seated.

I am counting on it, mate!
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wait seated.

Wait without eating so the necromancer, that will never be added, will have a first minion
  • srnekro
    srnekro
    ✭✭✭

Wait seated.

Wait without eating so the necromancer, that will never be added, will have a first minion

No need to get cocky, mate.