Maintenance for the week of June 17:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)

Magelight Range

NyassaV
NyassaV
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I can be 10 meters away from a magelight user and be pulled from cloak but soul tether can't ever hit anyone unless I'm bombing stationary people??? I feel like the range of magelight is a tad bugged but I have no good way to test this. Can this be looked into at all @ZOS_RichLambert
Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    And Expert Hunter
    Options
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The range is not long enough for a slotted skill with a casting cost and a ridiculously short duration.
    Options
  • MalakithAlamahdi
    MalakithAlamahdi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you mean magelight and expert hunter need a bigger detect radious then yes, I completely agree.
    Options
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Radiant Magelight has a much bigger radius than Soul Tether, so of course it is going to hit you from further away.

Overall point-blank aoe skills tend to be unreliable against moving players, i doubt Magelight is an exception. The game is simply bad at properly displaying stuff, this includes player position, so those skills can miss against players that seem to be in range and the smaller the radius, the more likely it is going to happen. A reason why i don't use Tether.
    Edited by Rianai on April 27, 2018 2:19AM
    Options
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you mean magelight and expert hunter need a Far Smaller detection radius then yes, I completely agree.
    makes it much more balanced and fair for us stealther rogue types to have a fair chance to stealth instead of constantly pulled out of stealth.
    Options
  • brewsky_jsbub17_ESO
    Why do radiant magelight and stealth detect pots not stack anymore? Was this intended? Radiant magelight has pretty much no use in PvP atm cause I'm pretty sure the stealth attack/stun mit is gone. Please revert back to stacking with stealth pots. It will actually be very useful again rather than the "meh" feeling it currently has.
    Options
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why do radiant magelight and stealth detect pots not stack anymore? Was this intended? Radiant magelight has pretty much no use in PvP atm cause I'm pretty sure the stealth attack/stun mit is gone. Please revert back to stacking with stealth pots. It will actually be very useful again rather than the "meh" feeling it currently has.

no
    Options
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rianai wrote: »
    Radiant Magelight has a much bigger radius than Soul Tether, so of course it is going to hit you from further away.

Overall point-blank aoe skills tend to be unreliable against moving players, i doubt Magelight is an exception. The game is simply bad at properly displaying stuff, this includes player position, so those skills can miss against players that seem to be in range and the smaller the radius, the more likely it is going to happen. A reason why i don't use Tether.

Not according to the tooltip. Both are 6 meters but magelight is obviously not 6 meters
    Options
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NyassaV wrote: »
    Rianai wrote: »

Not according to the tooltip. Both are 6 meters but magelight is obviously not 6 meters

Radiant Magelight is 12m.
    Options
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you mean magelight and expert hunter need a Far Smaller detection radius then yes, I completely agree.
    makes it much more balanced and fair for us stealther rogue types to have a fair chance to stealth instead of constantly pulled out of stealth.

Permanent stealth isn’t balanced. And if you can’t get back into stealth with the new buffed Shadow Image that’s a player not a balance problem.

ML and EH actually are very expensive skills for how little they do. That’s why I don’t slot them any longer but have detect pots on the F8 slot.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
    Options
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed, Magelight range needs a huge buff. It's pathetic at present and night blades being meta / OP you really feel its a pittiful active defence
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
    Options
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Aren't you the guy who said Shield Breaker is fine?
    Options
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why should you reliably go in stealth 100% of the time eluding all dmg?

Light is there to punish this.
    I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
    -Elder Nightblades Online
    Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
    Options
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    radiant or inner light - what are we talking about here?
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

Options
  • MalakithAlamahdi
    MalakithAlamahdi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

L2P issue.
    Options
  • Isbilen
    Isbilen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    Agreed, Magelight range needs a huge buff.

Feels like your character has to be clipping inside the Nightblade for Inner Light to work. Would be nice with a few more meters!
    Options
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Isbilen wrote: »
    Beardimus wrote: »
    Agreed, Magelight range needs a huge buff.

Feels like your character has to be clipping inside the Nightblade for Inner Light to work. Would be nice with a few more meters!

And a longer duration on the detection...

And the cost, I don’t get why degeneration is cheaper than a stupid light..
    Edited by Minalan on April 28, 2018 1:48AM
    Options
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NyassaV wrote: »

radiant is 12m.

They do stack.

Radiant adds 12 meters to your detection range.
    Detect pots add 20 meters to your detection range.

The "problem" is that medium armor applies to cloaking. Cloaking is modified stealth with forward, side and rear detection range set to 0. If you make it 32 meters that gets modified by medium armor and racials (32m*.65= 20 m) then you have racial reduction from it (-3 for bosmer/khaj) for 17 meters.

Inner light/hunter with their 6 meter range and detect pot is 26m (26*.65=17m (-3 b/k))= 15m.

Just inner light/hunter gives you 6m (6*.65=4m(-3))=1m

Just a detect pot (+20m) is reduced to 10m.

Keep in mind any other stealth reductions (-2m for night mother's embrace, -2m night terror) come off those final totals as well (just like racials).

A bosmer wearing night mother and night terror has only a 6m detection range while cloaking with detect pot. (I'm sure you get the math by now...).

The only thing to add is that inner light and radiant magelight always reveal in their range regardless of detection modifiers.

Options
  • Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To the extent that people slot the un-morphed version of magelight or the inner light morph for detection purposes explains why so many people complain about the effectiveness of magelight (for detection purposes). LOL!
    Radiant Magelight: Reduces the cost and increases the radius of the reveal (12 meters). Also prevent the stun and reduce the damage from stealth attacks while slotted.

Edited by Maryal on April 28, 2018 2:32AM
    Options