The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Tips for power leveling alchemy

Stinkyremy
Stinkyremy
✭✭✭✭✭
I need some tips on what is the best poisons to make to power level alchemy, meaning being economical with your reagent so that you waste the least, and least expensive ones.
Plus does anyone have a link for the correct way to learn all traits on reagents, wasting the least amount of reagents.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sunshine daydreams guide to efficient alchemy leveling (google) will give you the order to discover traits that uses the least ingredients.

From there:

Don’t use more than two reagents. Three doesn’t make the xp better.

Use the best solvent possible, potion or poison is the same. Spend skill points in the first passive. If you want to get them back later, that’s fine, but it saves a fortune to level up alchemy as you grind it.

You can always look in guild stores to see what’s cheapest for grinding. I always use spider eggs and the things that pair with them because they are pretty easy to get.
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I make invis pots to level alchemy after ive done all the traits for the ingredients. even a 5 second invis pot is useful to me, so i don't end up wasting any ingredients as i will use the pots at some point even on a much higher level character than their level.
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    davey1107 wrote: »
    Sunshine daydreams guide to efficient alchemy leveling (google) will give you the order to discover traits that uses the least ingredients.

From there:

Don’t use more than two reagents. Three doesn’t make the xp better.

Use the best solvent possible, potion or poison is the same. Spend skill points in the first passive. If you want to get them back later, that’s fine, but it saves a fortune to level up alchemy as you grind it.

You can always look in guild stores to see what’s cheapest for grinding. I always use spider eggs and the things that pair with them because they are pretty easy to get.

Thanks. I know of a guide, I just needed a link as I forgot where it was. that is the the one I saw.
    Forgot to point out, I'm nit a noob at the game i am a master crafter i am just spending time power leveling alchemy on all my alts as I now have a decent surplus of reagents, solvents andsurveys to use.
    Poisons are the best to use imo as you can sell them for more at merchants and don't use the water which is more important.
    Though as someone pointed out above, making invis pots for alts seems like a better way to go, as long as the reagents aren't costly.
    fleshfly lavae and spider eggs are the most common imo.
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭