Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Alik'r dolmen Zerg?

davey1107
davey1107
✭✭✭✭✭
The alik'r dolmens are more insane than anything has ever been...easily fifty players running high speed circles. Are people just leveling, or is there a special,drop from the chests?
  • Prabooo
    Prabooo
    ✭✭✭✭
    both (lvling and drops)
  • NoFlash
    NoFlash
    ✭✭✭
    when the event is over, it will die down alot.
    Daggerfall Covenant

The Ninja Squirrels
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It never stops . It's the new thing since 1T . Ali'kirr tourism board welcomes all . Tu'whacca says hello .
  • Castagere
    Castagere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL i saw this last night. It was fun and insane at the same time. You couldn't even see the mobs.
  • MythicSnake
    MythicSnake
    ✭✭
    Okay I know this is a year old, but seriously. What is up in Alik'r? None of the dolmens are any fun because it's like stepping into the middle of a hornets nest, and you can't even get any hits in for all the other players in the 2.5 seconds it takes to kill all the dremora, etc. and the bosses before it's over. There are dolmens in other zones that are like no-mans-land 24/7, but you can show up to a dolmen in Alik'r and be completely overrun by a hoard of other players.

Not only that, but the zone chat is inundated with Xs and Ys to the point of it being totally non-functional, due to 100% constant dolmen group invite requests. I'm not even sure what the point is to join dolmen groups when you can literally walk up to any dolmen in Alik'r and wipe out the anchor in about 15 seconds due to all the other players.

To top it off, people seem to be so obsessed with dolmen group runs that the world boss areas are completely barren at all times, and did I mention that zone chat is useless for things like that?

I'm not sure why this is only happening in Alik'r specifically, and I don't know if there's anything that could be done to make this a better experience for other players like me without shutting down the fun for the players who are apparently getting off on dolmen grinding. I dunno.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @MythicSnake

Since then, I learned that alkir is a 24/7 Zerg for brainless leveling. It’s way worse during so events, lol. The funny thing is that you can run other zones just as fast during an event and get more xp since it isn’t so laggy and messed up.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's pretty much just Alik'r and Auridon, because the wayshrines are reasonably close to the dolmens in those areas. Alik'r is always the worst of the two, although I'm not sure why.
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Extra XP from the event, alikr is just mindless running between dolmens. Used because of how close they are to wayshrines.
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    davey1107 wrote: »
    @MythicSnake

Since then, I learned that alkir is a 24/7 Zerg for brainless leveling. It’s way worse during so events, lol. The funny thing is that you can run other zones just as fast during an event and get more xp since it isn’t so laggy and messed up.
    This so much, and i doubt the alikr dolmen zergs are effective leveling. Lots of the xp is from killing mobs, and here you don't get credited for kill as mobs last less than an second. Being in an large group give you credit but it also don't give much xp.

doing an dolmen the first time give an huge one time xp, same for delves and public dungeons, even group dungeons.

I would recommend going for an less populated area, Arduin is my favorite but other are probably better you want some other players around but not more than 10.

Now for effective leveling i would: do dolmens and delves in an zone one time, get skyshards. delve boss kill and dolmen once unless you ride by and its up. public dungeons in slow hours then they are not packed with players.
    This also give skyshards who is important.

However the most important thing is your daily random dungeon, this gives lots of xp, if you also get the one time dungeon quest it will give you two levels during the event, might even give 3 and an skillpont for the quest.
    This should always be the first thing you do, note that you can do delves and other stuff while queued.

Its more efficient ways to level like skywatch, however this is hard or cost gold so wait until you level alts down the line.
    Also the normal maelstrom arena give crazy of xp and is solo however it require some skill to be efficient.
    Edited by zaria on April 20, 2018 1:17AM
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    Alik'r is always the worst of the two, although I'm not sure why.
    Probably because the dolmens are timed pretty well. The zerg just moves in one giant "circle", which matches the reset of the dolmen.

I ran with one just to see what was up, and it didn't take long to see the timing.

• Fivefivesix
    Fivefivesix
    ✭✭✭
    The dolmens are close to wayshrines so its easy and fast to grind XP. The drops are okay I guess but I think most people are there for the grind fest.

From what I've seen in other locations the dolmens aren't as close to wayshrines as they are in the Alik'r desert
    United we stand, divided we fall.
  • exiars10
    exiars10
    ✭✭✭
    I leveled three new characters mostly (~75% of time) via Dolmens at the anniversary event. I'll explain.

1) It's the easiest and the fastest way for people without friends. If you have a friend or to pay somebody, Spellscar farming is the fastest (no, Skyreach is not better than Spellscar). When I grinded CP at Spellscar I paired with some players (who added me as a friend as I killed mob fast) and leveled them pretty fast.
    2) You need maxed FG skill line ASAP, especially if you are stamina character.
    3) You need 7-8 hours with various xp bonuses (I had between 160-230%) to reach level 50 which is completely reasonable.
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    It's pretty much just Alik'r and Auridon, because the wayshrines are reasonably close to the dolmens in those areas. Alik'r is always the worst of the two, although I'm not sure why.
    Auridon >>> Alik'r Desert but there is a catch.

Alik'r runs are always full of people. Only southern Auridon dolmen is always packed (~95% of time). Northern and middle one - depend of time of day. In the late night, they are empty and I soloed them. It's actually good as you get a lot of xp as you share nothing. But sometimes at Dolmens drop some really strong enemies and with underleveled gear I had to give up and move to Alik'r. And that's the thing about Alik'r - you don't care about super underleveled gear as there is so many grinders so everything dies quickly just from sheer amount of manpower :).

Another thing about Auridon northern and mid dolmens is that many times there were one or two players who didn't attack Worm cultists so I did it and get additional xp (of course they jump into fight after me).
    The dolmens are close to wayshrines so its easy and fast to grind XP. The drops are okay I guess but I think most people are there for the grind fest.

From what I've seen in other locations the dolmens aren't as close to wayshrines as they are in the Alik'r desert
    Wrong. Auridon dolmens are even closer to wayshrines especially the middle one as there is a shortcut but most people don't know about it (shortcut) but run around "mountain".

EDIT
    Fixed grammar.
    Edited by exiars10 on April 28, 2018 7:47AM
    I don't play ESO since 15.06. because Cyrodiil is broken since Summerset (PvE isn't much better, too)...

Aldmeri Dominion (PC Europe via Steam)

The cowardly Wood Elves are best noted for their unwillingness to engage in a face-to-face attack; a Bosmer will strike at you from every side except the front. You won't cross swords with a Bosmer, but you might catch an arrow in the throat. Be wary in forests and jungles, and watch your back.