Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Please bring back CP BGs!

• Killset
    Killset
    ✭✭✭✭
    Man I’m not sure what BG’s you guys are playing.. On Xbox NA though it’s same old same old. Skoria, Zaan, Caluurion, perma block, snares, sub assault, trees, spin to win, roots, endless fury, etc. Unkillable builds still exist in spades and if your not in a pre-made it’s lights out. I felt like in cp at least I stood a chance solo but with pre-mades running around now it’s brutal.
  • KrishakPanettier
    KrishakPanettier
    ✭✭✭
    Non-CP Battlegrounds I am sorry to admit, are more fun than battlegrounds with CP. I would be okay having a CP vs. Non-CP queue with an option to jump into the other if not enough are queued for one or the other. Make it so, ZOS.
    Edited by KrishakPanettier on March 12, 2018 10:07PM
    Krishak Kringle aka KrishakPanettier, Templar (PSN:KrishakPanettier)
    -- PS4 NA --

PVP, PVE, and Trader Guild Leader
    Guild:
    - Rent-A-Zerg Mercs AD (one-time large AD PVP Guild - now PVP, PVE, dungeons, trials, and crafting)
    - Shadow Exiles AD (merged into RAZ AD)
    - Recruiting all levels, for help all in-game content. Not just PVP anymore. Not just AD.

Online:
    - Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/RAZ.AD
    - Facebook: www.facebook.com/ShadowExiles
    - Twitter: @ShadowExiles
    - www: www.shadowexiles.com
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Killset wrote: »
    Man I’m not sure what BG’s you guys are playing.. On Xbox NA though it’s same old same old. Skoria, Zaan, Caluurion, perma block, snares, sub assault, trees, spin to win, roots, endless fury, etc. Unkillable builds still exist in spades and if your not in a pre-made it’s lights out. I felt like in cp at least I stood a chance solo but with pre-mades running around now it’s brutal.

Yeah solo is definitely harder in non-CP. In CP I ran mist form and blur on my mNB. I can't get away with this now (and live long). I traded those out for cloak and concealed - back to the dark side.

Definitely some "unkillable" builds around (two wardens come to the top of my head) but less than with CP.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love the no-CP BG pace

keep it up ^^
  • Sugaroverdose
    Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Killset wrote: »
    i've only meet unkillable groups of stamwarden+healing magplars, unkillable single person - never, PS4 EU

No-CP is the best thing for BG from my PoV, current CP system is a joke even in comparison with uncapped 1.6
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    In confined spaces with objective-based scoring, having fights actually end is pretty imperative. Fights end after a reasonable amount of time more often in noCP.

Proc sets are, of course, overtuned in noCP. Anyone using cost poisons in BGs is a cheeselord.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Must agree, BGs are flooded with stamNBs.

There needs to be a cull.
    I've chased stealthing stamblades across maps with inner light and aoes after failed bg ganks.
    Perhaps reducing the cost inner light would curb them.

Try the other morph.
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Killset join the proc meta ;)
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • SouthernSoldjer
    Cp bgs were great, but I mean having a premade group is cancer either way.
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least premade groups die in no cp. Guard or guarded can be killed.
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • JWillCHS
    JWillCHS
    ✭✭✭
    So far I'm seeing these results (for me):

Magicka Nightblade - Same wrecking business as usual.

Magicka Templar - Had to change build to heavy and more offensive. Defense and heals do not work good at all. Defile is everywhere.

Magicka Dragonknight - Still need practice on DK but heavy and more offensive seems to work better than anything else.

Magicka Sorcerer - Very easy to sustain and keep damage up. That execute...just wow.

What I get killed by the most is Stamina Nightblades though. There are just so many.

Magicka Templar looses out on some great passives if you go heavy and not light armor. There are a enough sets that can make you tanky in light armor. Fortified Brass, and Wizard's Riposte are two great sets to run in BGs paired with an offensive set or another defensive set. Transmutation also provides group utility.

I usually do Transmutation on back bar/jewelry(sword/bar). Shacklebreaker/Wizard's Riposte/Fortified Brass/BSW/Juilanos/Overwhelming Surge on body. Dual wield Willpower or Torug's Pact swords. Just play around with monster sets.

I use Total Dark instead of an actual CC ability. There's no need to chase after people. Considerng most players mindsets in PvP(especially NBs), they'll always run back to the fight.

Edit: also a Templar's unbuff spell damage in no-CP does not need to be high. I blow people between 2000 and 2200.
    Edited by JWillCHS on March 20, 2018 12:49PM
  • ShadowMonarch
    ShadowMonarch
    ✭✭✭✭
    NOOOOOOOOOOO

No cp bg's are the only way a lot of us will even play them.

CP pvp is literally overloaded and stupid.
    Edited by ShadowMonarch on March 24, 2018 9:50AM
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This ^

Pop is way back up now when I play as all the lower CP guys are back.

No CP really suits the BG intense Maps / pace.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Sevn
    Sevn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    Oh yeah. NonCP is so much fun.

Caluurion, Skoria, Zaan, Thorvukun, Viper, Ophidian venom, Selene, Velidreth and whatever doesn´t pop into my mind right now fun.

People sure do enjoy their armor playing the game for them :joy:
    Atleast i don´t have to deal with those in cyro. Now if they could only make snipe builds vaible in bgs and we´d all be happy.

Only curious, what's the difference between players using armor as a crutch and players using cp AND armor as a crutch?
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man, true nobility is being superior to your former self
    -Hemingway
  • ShadowMonarch
    ShadowMonarch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sevn wrote: »

Caluurion, Skoria, Zaan, Thorvukun, Viper, Ophidian venom, Selene, Velidreth and whatever doesn´t pop into my mind right now fun.

Atleast i don´t have to deal with those in cyro. Now if they could only make snipe builds vaible in bgs and we´d all be happy.

Only curious, what's the difference between players using armor as a crutch and players using cp AND armor as a crutch?

^This.

I hate the proctard meta but I would rather be able to kill the proctards then just have unkillable tank stamtards running around spamming Dawnbreaker and execute cause thats all they know how to do.
  • LokoMatic
    LokoMatic
    ✭✭✭
    From a Veteran PVP'er, this is the best change of all time. CP BG's were a bad idea, and it's great to see that change reverted. Thank you Zos.
    Harbingers of Death
    Poison Injection
    Cp 910+

Dark Elf DK - Grand Overlord - (Xbox) NA - 129K Kills
    Orc Stamblade - Level 10 (Xbox)
    Argonian Templar - Level 23 (PC) (Auriels Bow Graduate (Retired))
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well said @LokoMatic population is up and the fast paced fun is back :)
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Anomanderake
    No cp is just better for pvp. Cp are good in zergish situation, as all things that bring power creep. Anyway i prefer small scale ^^
  • Gunzberg
    Gunzberg
    Never bring back CP BGs...if you want that go Vivec instead.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No CP is great except for all the nightblades :(
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Mihael
    Mihael
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe it’s cos I hadent played in a while but did all the pleb bleed builds come with the no cp change
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I had to pick one of the two, it would be no CP.

Maybe there will be sufficient population to support both post-summerset. I'm sure zos will be monitoring queue populations.

Wonder if that would mean another set of leaderboards for CP/nonCP.
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sevn wrote: »

One uses 3 crutches, the other has 1.

Time to learn to play without training wheels brotha.
  • Mihael
    Mihael
    ✭✭✭✭
    Every time I get mad about how dumb proc sets are in bgs or how it’s harder to fight against groups, I remember all the tanky plebs from the cp days and those thoughts go away lol
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Remove poisons and proc sets, and I'll take non-CP all day. But in its current form CP campaigns are more balanced. Less people carried by proc sets, defile, and poisons.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So far I'm seeing these results (for me):

Magicka Nightblade - Same wrecking business as usual.

Magicka Templar - Had to change build to heavy and more offensive. Defense and heals do not work good at all. Defile is everywhere.

Magicka Dragonknight - Still need practice on DK but heavy and more offensive seems to work better than anything else.

Magicka Sorcerer - Very easy to sustain and keep damage up. That execute...just wow.

What I get killed by the most is Stamina Nightblades though. There are just so many.

I've seen a total of 2 stamblades in the past two days of BGs. They are certainly the minority on PS4 NA.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daus wrote: »
    Remove poisons and proc sets, and I'll take non-CP all day. But in its current form CP campaigns are more balanced. Less people carried by proc sets, defile, and poisons.

CP Campaigns, sure. CP BGs, on the other hand, were infested with tank builds designed to be nearly unkillable by 4 people.

They both have their issues, but ZOS chose to err on the side of players actually being able to kill each other.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Daus wrote: »

CP Campaigns, sure. CP BGs, on the other hand, were infested with tank builds designed to be nearly unkillable by 4 people.

They both have their issues, but ZOS chose to err on the side of players actually being able to kill each other.

Yeah and now we have tanks wearing Fasallas, using reverb, resource poisons, and two proc sets while snaring you to death. I'll take CP any day.

Remove the aforementioned garbage, and I'll live in non-CP.
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Proc sets were largely fine until Dragon Bones. Viper, Red Mountain, Skoria, Overwhelming, Troll King etc. have been nerfed/balanced in the past and while they are strong sets, they don't seem to over-perform to me.

However, they recently brought back the meta by adding Zaan and Caluurion with the last DLC. I've come to severely dislike their tendency to add OP proc sets with a DLC, to make everyone buy the DLC to grind them, then proceed to nerf them with the next update.

Resource Poisons on the other hand, are just terrible. They need to separate out resource poisons from the rest of the damage/utility poisons and make them non slot-table in no-CP content. Hard as it sounds to make, it's quite important for BGs.
    EU | PC | AD
  • milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sixty5 wrote: »
    How is spending 20 minutes tickling a 40k HP permablock tank fun?
    Lately, I've been wondering why they don't bring back CPs and just do away with Battle Spirit.