Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What do you miss in a Dungeon run if you aren't with the group?

KRBMMO
KRBMMO
✭✭✭✭
Hypothetically if someone uses the group finder tool and ques for a dungeon and wants to listen to all the quest dialogue and take their time, but they are in a group that rushes through - what do they miss besides the actual combat?
I'm thinking in terms of Treasure drops (esp Monster Helm) and Undaunted keys.
I say hypothetically because I've never actually done this and as a result I actually don't know what several of the Quests in dungeons are all about.

Do you have to actually do a certain amount of damage to bosses to get the "credit", or is being in the group enough?
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem in many of them is the next part of the quest often can't be done unless you were there. So if only you has the quest and they kill the mini boss you get there and have the white circle quest marker but nothing to kill.

At least I recall that happening a few times but that's many moons ago now. Might have changed.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing except the dialogue.

Okay, thats a little simplistic.

If you don't manage to complete the quest, because there are several dungeons where you have to wait for the quest giver, you miss out on nothing because you can go back and complete it later on another run. Now, what you might miss out on are some optional bosses (and their loot). For example, Banished Cells 1 has optional bosses that are needed for the quest but can be skipped for the pledge, so you might miss their loot if the group doesnt do them.

If you do turn in the quest, you get the same reward whether you listen to the dialogue or not. There's a few quests that have a choice to make at the end, but none that you would miss out on by speeding through the dialogue earlier. You'll get your skill point and quest reward. Again, there are some optional bosses you might miss out on, but you can hit them on subsequent playthroughs.

Credit for kills is something like 3% currently, but I've gotten credit for being close and just healing (I got locked out of the Engine Guardian's room).

Vet helmets only drop from the final boss of Vet dungeons. Undaunted keys are awarded from the Undaunted daily pledges, which usually requires you to kill certain bosses. So if you get queued into a partially complete pledge dungeon, you might have to run it a second time to get your pledge completed to kill all the bosses needed.