The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

HDR on PS4 Pro and ESO too dark to play.

Adam_Chattaway
Adam_Chattaway
✭✭✭✭
Got a new TV an LG 43" one and the HDR while dimmer because of that silly update they did looks amazing and still bright in god of war and horizon. the sun looks bright and it looks like daytime etc once your eyes ajust but ESO looks like f trash, in the desert in the middle of the day it looks almost night time and this is with the tv set to high dynamic contrast also changing the HDR brightness in game doesn't change a single thing one bit at all???? I was considering taking the TV back and maybe trying to get another make but then i think well it works fine in every other HDR game so wtf is wrong with ESO? HDR they say in ESO makes it looks more colourful and vibrant, does it's the exact opposite...
I was once Banned for making a game criticism. Think about that.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Adam_Chattaway

There is some helpful advice in this thread for different settings you can change that may help with the brightness when using HDR.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • ohmygodie
    ohmygodie
    ✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    There is some helpful advice in this thread for different settings you can change that may help with the brightness when using HDR.

This threads are really just shared TV settings, some there even advise to disable HDR entirely in the ps4 settings to play ESO.

Having to change our TV settings to fix the broken HDR implementation on ps4 is not ok. (might be for a few days/weeks, while waiting for a real fix, but this issue has been here since HDR introduction)

All other ps4 hdr games i own produce a perfectly acceptable image by default, changing TV would make all of these far too bright.

Most games also have functional calibration setting(s), to let us tweak to our TVs capabilities. (ESO hdr brighntess does close to nothing on my TV, only making blacks more black, but no way to correct the general dullness/darkness of the image)

Most also have an hdr enable/disable option, in case, like ESO, where we would prefer to revert to SDR.
    For this one game only ; disabling hdr in system settings is again not an option : Horizon is gorgeous, GoW too...
    Edited by ohmygodie on May 26, 2018 3:38PM