Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Another magblade question [pushing the limits]

The_Tarantian
The_Tarantian
✭✭✭
fc52UWo.png
First of all, yay \m/ !!
I know, I know, some may say their crafter deals more damage, but yeah, couple of weeks ago I was stamNooB with 10-12k dps and no clue about rotation\weaving. And now I reached my first goal - 25k dps point. So yeah, be proud of me (and thanks as you helped me with the build in mah previous topic)!

What I wanted yo ask you is... how far am I pushing this particular build to it's limits? Do not get me wrong, I am farming gear to advance in my gearset, but I wanna know how effective am I with current one. So what is the approximate dps cap in this case? Some additional info:
510UJu3.png
All enchants are legendary quality. Armor - max. magicka, jewelry - spell damage, 1st weapon - fire damage ench., 2nd weapon - weapon damage ench. Both weapons are infused. My average ping is 150-200.

I wouldn't make separate topic for this, but since there are no Q&A I actually did that.
Thanks in advance, guys.
Cheers!
Edited by The_Tarantian on April 24, 2018 7:13PM
Erin Go Bragh, Erin go Braugh !
It's Irish for "you're ***".
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats. You’re getting up there, for sure. I’ll let others speak to the numbers...I don’t really pay attention to current dps max scores. But the areas I see to focus on...which will all be about squeezing tiny bits more power out of stuff rather than leaps:

- obviously the CPs will make a big difference. But because of the diminishing returns, I’m going to ballpark estimate than a CP400 character is getting 85% of the power from the trees as a max cp character. It’s a slow, long grind, but you’re reaching a point where you’ve pulled a lot of the power out of them.

- for Summerset you’ll have the option of a 5/5/2 setup. I’m not sure what’s going to emerge as meta on a magblade yet. I wondered if maybe two different monster pieces would trump a full set, and alcast seems to be playing with this with his magsorc (illambris plus Domihaus.) So we’ll see.

- usually for a character at your level the undaunted passive is the next big boost...assuming you haven’t worked that up yet. If you wore a medium valkyn piece you’ll get 6% more of all resources. That should be ~2400 more max magic. That’s always the last giant power leap for my characters. It takes like 175 dailies...ugh. You might find a friend with multiple characters to run Bogrul delve missions on. That’s what my friend and I do...all my characters hold them, then we run two characters together and share/relog so we can get 8-10 in at a time.
  • The_Tarantian
    The_Tarantian
    ✭✭✭
    Firstly, thank you for the answer.
    I am using 5L 1M 1H setup and utilizing all the undaunted passives as I unlocked them long ago.
    For champion points, yes, it's more if a time and grind and I worry not about it.
    I mostly worry about two things: my rotation's and gear quality's influence on dps. In other word, what would be my dps if I rotated perfectly? Would it raise tremendously? And how would upgrading all body pieces to legendary affect the dps? Will it make huge 4-5k difference or just slightly boost it for few hundreds?
    This might be the weird questions, but I really want to make sure my dps won't be lowered due to such simple mistakes.
    Edited by The_Tarantian on April 25, 2018 11:10AM
    Erin Go Bragh, Erin go Braugh !
    It's Irish for "you're ***".