The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Veteran option for open world questing?

LegendaryOaks
LegendaryOaks
✭✭✭
Many people including me have found questing a bit easy. Many want zenimax to make quests harder while others want the other way around. Why can't we have both? Give us an option to choose between veteran (for skilled players. Maybe allow players below level 50 to try this) and normal (for a casual experience) in veteran enemies will do more damage, have more health, and have higher stats overall. Of course loot would be better because of the difficulty change. Sounds like it would do it's trick.
Edited by LegendaryOaks on March 26, 2018 4:50AM
Full Time Shitposter

Veteran option for open world questing? 40 votes

I think it's a cool concept
55%
LegacyDMdaryl.rasmusenb14_ESOSeptimus_MagnaKolacheAdernathdelclay23PC0523AjintseDaimmyoVeiledCriticismfirerapturecarljoklagrr70FakeFoxJobooAGSLickingHistSapMopedGamingC0pp3rLieke85Tritine 22 votes
I don't think it would do much
35%
SurragardIruil_ESOPathNovaMarxAesthierPuzzlenutsWhite wabbitTelvanniWizardGuarletATomiX96Charliff1966jnelson1182SergeantJinxLilyanne 14 votes
I think I have a better solution...
10%
UndyneLeyAnotherone773Priyasekarssk 4 votes
  • LickingHistSap
    LickingHistSap
    ✭✭✭
    It'd be interesting to see a 'veteran map' with updated quests and NPCs, but that might be too much effort.
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps new, more dangerous overland zones, like Craglorn was. Some daedric realms or something, full of powerful enemies, dangerous enviroment mechanics and lots of random events.
    Edited by TelvanniWizard on April 9, 2018 3:17PM
  • jnelson1182
    jnelson1182
    ✭✭
    wouldn't doing it this way effect the Random groups that get thrown together or just run into each other open world pve' in? if lets say half are trying to do vet and other half trying to do reg or how would u split it by zones?
    * Maccb- Level 50 DragonKnight- Fire mage type build/ BSW body, Valkyn Skoria mister set, & Willpower Jewelry/Random Flame/Lightning/Reston STAFF's
    **MBF**
  • LegendaryOaks
    LegendaryOaks
    ✭✭✭
    wouldn't doing it this way effect the Random groups that get thrown together or just run into each other open world pve' in? if lets say half are trying to do vet and other half trying to do reg or how would u split it by zones?

I'd rather not split the player base, let's say your in vet and you see a 100k health mob. Your friend who is not in vet would still see the same mob but for him it would be 40k health. I do see every way how this could be annoying though.
    Full Time Shitposter
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Overland content is way too easy if you're max CP and have enough skill to clear vMA for example.

The problem is that new quest content quickly gets boring because all enemies are weak af.

It doesnt takes anything away from beginners so I dont see a reason why it shouldnt be implemented.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Ley
    Ley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not a big fan of separating players with instances. What if, instead of increasing the difficulty of overland content and creating a vet mode instance. We could get a debuff applied to us that made us weaker and increased the rewards for playing with this debuff active. It would effectively be the same thing but would keep players together in the same instance.
    Leylith - MagSorc | Leyloth - StamPlar | Leynerd - MagPlar | Leylit - StamBlade | Ley Eviticus - StamDK | Leydor - MagDen | Leylum - StamSorc | Leylux - MagBlade
  • NovaMarx
    NovaMarx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ley wrote: »
    I'm not a big fan of separating players with instances. What if, instead of increasing the difficulty of overland content and creating a vet mode instance. We could get a debuff applied to us that made us weaker and increased the rewards for playing with this debuff active. It would effectively be the same thing but would keep players together in the same instance.

This idea gives me flashbacks to the mentoring system in WIldstar.

For those who don't know, it's the ability to scale down your level when grouped with a friend who is a lower level. You still have your skills and such, but their strength is reduced according to the scaling.

So yeah, a kind of debuff system may be a good way to achieve this.
    "Feet are for walking. Hands are for hitting. Or shaking. Or waving. Sometimes for clapping."
    - M'aiq the Liar
  • Dhukath
    Dhukath
    ✭✭✭
    NovaMarx wrote: »
    "a kind of debuff system may be a good way to achieve this."
    "Overland content is way too easy if you're max CP"

The easiest solution to harder content already exists, debuff yourself by not allocating CP, Attribute Points, or equip lower level gear.
    Edited by Dhukath on April 29, 2018 11:59AM
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My solution to this was have the server mirrored and become the vet server. On the vet server...

*Dungeons and trials have vet mode which is current vet mode and nightmare mode which is an even harder version.
    *All trash in public dungeons are elite mobs, bosses are buffed to normal boss group dungeon stats and damage.
    * Delve trash mobs have double HP and damage. Bosses are buffed to 2x damage and 3x hp.
    * World Bosses have triple HP and double damage.
    * All overland mobs have double HP and do 1.5 or 2 x damage.
    * All resource nodes have double the resources but a 50% longer respawn timer. All nodes have a ( small) chance to spawn their respective gold improvement material. Alchemy has a small chance of giving 4 times( normal server)of items.Water nodes can give perfect roe. You must "loot all" for the chance at gold mats or 4x alchemy. The chance roll is done on the loot all function not the open/use function. ( to prevent cherry pickers)
    * There are no simple chests. Only intermediate, advanced and master. if you fail to open a chest( run out of time or fail the force lock) the chest explodes knocks you back 6m and does 10k fire damage. In the ashes of the chest will be one random item that was in the chest. It will also alert any hostile mobs within 30m of the chest which will be drawn to it.
    * All quests have 50% gold and XP as rewards. All quest gear is 1 quality level better than normal server.
    * All NPCs have 50% chance of better loot when being picked or killed.
    * All bounties are doubled.
    * Guards have a 50% increase to detection range and all carry torches.
    * Your detection range is increased by 2m.
    * All loot drops have a general increase in quality/quantity including containers( such as barrels and baskets) unless otherwise noted above.

PVP
    *In battle grounds the team in second place will receive a 10% buff to all resources and to damage as well as 500 critical resistance. The team in third place will receive a 20% buff to all resources, damage as well as 1000 critical resistance. These buffs change immediately as you change positions in the battle.

*In alliance wars, the same buffs as above apply based on number of keeps owned. The buffs, where applicable, extend to siege equipment/walls etc.

Other:

* You can travel between the vet server and normal server using portals in major cities.
    * All shards, lorebook, account status( such as eso plus), mounts/collectibles, houses, skills, etc are the same on both servers. You earn it on one you have it on the other.
    * You must be CP160 ( character not account just like dungeons) to enter the vet server. Normal dungeons and trials require CP300 to enter. Nightmare dungeons and trials require CP600 to enter.

Edited by Anotherone773 on April 29, 2018 1:15PM
  • LegendaryOaks
    LegendaryOaks
    ✭✭✭
    I don't want to separate the player base. Vet only servers would be a disaster. A debuff kind of system was similar to what I was thinking of
    Dhukath wrote: »
    NovaMarx wrote: »
    "a kind of debuff system may be a good way to achieve this."
    "Overland content is way too easy if you're max CP"

The easiest solution to harder content already exists, debuff yourself by not allocating CP, Attribute Points, or equip lower level gear.

This doesn't really have the same effect as directly making content harder would have. I want to bring my best gear, skills, everything I have to a normal questing environment and feel challenged. And no maelstrom doesn't count.
    Edited by LegendaryOaks on April 30, 2018 4:43PM
    Full Time Shitposter