The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Jewelry Crafting – You Should Be Reading This

• xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's easy to see how crazy this will be. Just look at your Tempering Alloy in your bag, divide that by 10 and you'll have that much if not less of the new material to upgrade a piece of jewelry.

So for me, months of saving up alloy and I'd be able to upgrade one piece of jewelry.

This patch might do it for me. They didn't listen to the MW feedback by making the game more boring for gameplay and they aren't listening to the feedback in this patch about the various tedious grinds between this, psijiic and now grinding crates for motifs. I already pre-ordered, so I'm gonna play the quests and try to enjoy what I can, but can't imagine what they will do with the game a year from now.

And I have a feeling that ZoS' plan with mmo's is to roll into fallout mmo in a few years when this one gets on in years and Bethesda gets closer to working on the next ES game. Well, if they same decisions are going to be made and same people in charge, I'll pass on even bothering to dig into that one.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm still a little surprised at how rare the nodes are. I'd have thought they at least would have packed Summerset with them to make buying the Chapter worthwhile, and then made them scarce everywhere else to pay lip service to the idea of making it less pay-walled.
    Edited by WhiteCoatSyndrome on April 21, 2018 7:34PM
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS. You suck. :/
    Edited by Banana on April 22, 2018 1:21AM
  • Pops_ND_Irish
    Pops_ND_Irish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banana wrote: »
    ZOS. You suck. :/

Bye
  • mike_skleinub17_ESO
    I just want to know what it will take to upgrade rare rings to epic. I have 4/4 of Spell Power and Worm Cult. I also have two blue WC rings, so I can do full WC when needed if I take the stat hit. Might try and do Vet in the meantime to get the purple.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I didn't check that part when I logged, but I'm gathering (no craft pun intended) there is no Hireling passive, same as with Alchemy?
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Appleblade
    Appleblade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ojustaboo wrote: »
    To be honest, I know I'm in the minority, but to me, it should take ages to become a master crafter.

And it should take ages to become a sword master or a skillful mage. Or an assassin. Or thief.

Well, at the end of the day it always boils down to it just being a game. You have a spectrum ranging from those who are busy in real life mastering the careers that pay their ESO subscriptions, to others that think anyone spending less than eight hours a day in the game is a “casual” player. Who should ZoS cater to? No one is asking for it to take one day, but what I’m getting from the PTS forum is a new system that took a lot of developer effort, but sounds like few will want to use. What’s the point? I’m starting to feel a new race or class bundled with Summerset might have been a better idea.

And this is from someone who once dug out a continent spanning, multilevel branch mine in Minecraft with a rail system and portal network. I’m no stranger to grinds, but there’s good grinds where the creation takes the effort, and bad grinds where you go to battle with a random number generator. That being said, I’m trying to stay open minded.
    Edited by Appleblade on April 23, 2018 3:05PM
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't check that part when I logged, but I'm gathering (no craft pun intended) there is no Hireling passive, same as with Alchemy?

That seems to be accurate given the current state of Jewel Crafting passives. I would assume they will maintain the status quo and not add a jewelry hireling in the future.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)