Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Don't join vet dungeons if you are...

cal50
cal50
✭✭✭
not cp 160 or higher. Especially if you are dd, people can't carry you all way.
  • Aesthier
    Aesthier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They carried me easily.

Perhaps your back just isn't as strong as it needs to be :smiley:

For all those who would normally complain in other threads how easy the game is instead of getting naked and doing WB's...

Might I suggest trying "Carry a Noob" handicap instead?

They could make a leaderboard of the names that carried the lowest CP toon through the highest level of content.
    Edited by Aesthier on April 23, 2018 8:55AM
  • Pixel_Zealot
    Pixel_Zealot
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agreed. Some people expect 160CP with 20k ST DPS and 25k HP.

Just don't queue for Vet unless you're 160CP, so you don't actively hold your group back.

And try to stay away from DLC Vets until you're used to running Vet HM's.
    Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon?
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ... not able to do that dungeon easily in normal mode.
  • duendology
    duendology
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't pug if you can't handle pug.
    PC/NA
    - Redguard StamBlade dps ["bowtard" crafty girl who likes spinning with daggers too.]
    - Breton SorcMag dps [She's got an identity crisis, but I believe in her.]
    - Dunmer Templar dps/healer [she's a healer, then again she likes inferno staff too...]
    And..
    - High Elf SorcMag dps [It's quite possible his daddy was a Nord.]

I am an old-fashioned Goth
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Surely it's dont queue if you dont want randoms that the system will allow

or that the bug in the group finder places in the wrong version of what they queued for

:)
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • Aesthier
    Aesthier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    duendology wrote: »

thumbs_6-puppystick.jpg
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aesthier wrote: »
    They carried me easily.

For all those who would normally complain in other threads how easy the game is instead of getting naked and doing WB's...

They could make a leaderboard of the names that carried the lowest CP toon through the highest level of content.

I would accept that in a way. Sometimes it gets boring when it's too easy. ... like let buff you or go stand stupid for a bit after generate ultimate when taking damage.
    Edited by Tasear on April 23, 2018 8:59AM
  • mwo1480
    mwo1480
    ✭✭✭✭
    done many vet dungeons with ppl who are below cp160, even some HM, time and no deaths.. dont see the problem (dlc dungeons yeah dont go there)
    eu/pc
    every char has a story

anne-susan ...breton sorch DC
    seline kay .... bosmer dk AD
    julia-noor ...bosmer temp DC
    elle wolf .... breton temp AD
    Mari-Lynn.... woodelf nb AD former empress
    Mari-chan... woodelf warden AD
    (and more chars)
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There is a problem with random Que...

I will join the disabled chapter with group finder , work as intend?

• Mannox
    Mannox
    ✭✭✭
    I personally welcome anyone into the veteran experience so long as they have done every other member the courtesy of learning the dungeon mechanics on Normal. I can appreciate boldness. It is however annoying and rude if one is new to the experience and expecting the hand of Jesus to glide them through the park.
    Edited by Mannox on April 23, 2018 9:05AM
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really wish I never purchased the DLC dungeons. Massive mistake. Especially Shadows of the Hist.

About 1/3 of my Vet random Group Finder pugs are in Ruins of Mazzatun whether it’s the daily or not.
  • Aesthier
    Aesthier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    They carried me easily.

I would accept that in a way. Sometimes it gets boring when it's too easy. ... like let buff you or go stand stupid for a bit after generate ultimate when taking damage.

They would tell me to do things that would get me killed (almost anything did) like "You have to stand in the red circle!" and telling me to go pull the boss and then staying behind to watch me die before they moved to engage.

Or seeing who could lock down the best timing on rezzing me right before the boss does a room-wide AOE so I would pop up then insta die.

All in all, we had a lot of fun even if after I had to create a second toon to raise money to repair the gear on the first.

I should have suspected something when they asked if I had ever done vet before and I got nothing but a chatbox full of LOL's, Good! and Sweet! when I said no.

The cool thing was that lying on the ground dead did allow me the opportunity to really watch the mechanics of what was happening without freaking out.
    Edited by Aesthier on April 23, 2018 9:13AM
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    I really wish I never purchased the DLC dungeons. Massive mistake. Especially Shadows of the Hist.

About 1/3 of my Vet random Group Finder pugs are in Ruins of Mazzatun whether it’s the daily or not.

No snark intended but why do you even do them?
  • Hamrb
    Hamrb
    ✭✭✭✭
    We've all been helped or carried. instead of steaming at a low dps, why not give them some advice, and make the game a better, more knowledgeable place. I'm sure someone had the courtesy to do the same for you.

"if I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants"
    Edited by Hamrb on April 23, 2018 9:13AM
    Founder of Sheogorath's Mortals NA PC

Exiled Lannister EP Sorc dps
    Hamrb EP Temp healer or dps
    l mufasa l EP Stamblade
    Fat Tyrion EP DK dps
    Mia Stone AD DK tank or dps
    Finn the Altmer AD Nightmage
    Launch Pad McQuack DC DK DPS
    Sterk Stonecrusher EP Stamplar
    -Wabba Jack DC Stam Sorc
    Sheo's Sweeper DC Magicka Temp
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    duendology wrote: »
    This, sometimes you get an to weak group, still its a bit pointless doing vet dungeons until you have done all the normal ones,
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • HappyLittleTree
    HappyLittleTree
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ruins of mazzatun & cradle are pretty easy
    Thuu chakkuth lod Hajhiit c’oo? Hajhiit gortsuquth gorihuth thuu gooluthduj thdeitoluu!

XBox-EU
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mureel wrote: »

No snark intended but why do you even do them?

Because for the most part it’s a lot of fun and I enjoy carrying lowbies.

DLC dungeons are different. They are significantly tougher, meaning I can’t carry players through Ruins of Mazzatun, Bloodroot Forge, Falkreath Hold, etc. Also they take waaaay longer to complete. The only exception to this is vWGT and vICP which I can still carry players through.

Add two and two - it’s simply obnoxious to get constantly put into Ruins of Mazzatun (like I said, at least 1/3 pugs) when there are tons of other dungeons, and for it to take very long and be difficult/not always complete.

• Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t mind carrying people through base game vet dungeons, provided that they are capable of following instructions and don’t do anything stupid. The bigger issue, IMO, is the fact that any drops they get can’t be shared. It’s frustrating when I’m farming certain vet dungeons for jewellery, and the piece I’ve been incessantly looking for goes to the CP 140 person who thinks they’re being helpful when they link it in chat...
  • Thorstienn
    Thorstienn
    ✭✭✭
    I though Vet was alreadybset to CP160 (though could be wrong, as I'm over that anyway and don't pay attention), and Vet DLC is being changed to CP300 anyway.

Re the old "don't do Vet till you've done normal" argument (which I agree with), I direct you to the nonsense in the "to people who enjoy speedrunning..." thread
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can't even imagine the mentality of someone queuing for a vet dungeon as a DD and expecting a carry. To do this in a DD role is actively wasting the time of others. Low damage means more time spent re-running the content we've all ran 1001 times.

The worst part is, most of the time, these players are the same ones who have their chat turned off or completely ignore polite questions about their build and offers to help. They just sit there spamming their light attacks and gap closers, actively wasting the time of others without a care in the world.

Yeah, i can carry them, but why should i have to spend my limited time doing it?

Most of the reason why i avoid the activity finder as much as possible.
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cal50 wrote: »
    I think the issue is that the non-vet dungeons give players a false sense of confidence, so they rush into vet only to find out the hard way perhaps they're not ready.

• Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They carried me easily.

Actually, adding a “newbie” bonus as well as achievements/ features that support positive grouping experiences WORKS WONDERS. See: FFXIV.
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They carried me easily.

I completely agree. People complain about how gravy content is, then complain about having to do a little more work because someone else isnt as leet as them. Want a challenge? Dont be an elitist that only plays with other elitists. Run some casuals/average players/noobs through your content. Help them learn, carry them as they learn.

Elitists dont seem to want to do the hardest content of all, helping average players complete content they find to be gravy. Maybe it wouldnt be gravy if they didnt play with a bunch of overachievers who turn gaming into a doctorate and who focus constantly on "being the best".

You want a real hardmode, play with average players and complete content. Then i will be impressed.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

There should be the option to inverse-specific RDF.

You should be able to exclude DLC's or a certain number of dungeons while still getting the random reward.

Un-checking the box, if you will.

Also, the RDF doesn't seem very 'R' more often than not.

Edited by Merlin13KAGL on April 23, 2018 2:51PM
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • N2woR
    N2woR
    ✭✭✭
    I change my load out to suit, I play nothing but tanks so if a low level is with us then I’ll drop sword and board if their a DD or put extra sustainability on my bars if their a healer. Let’s face it All Vet content outside the DLCs are easy to run, just get in chat and hand out advice. It doesn’t take 2 seconds to explain the mechanics for that boss and that role there on
    [PS4]
    Guilds
    Snowborn Wolf Pack Elite
    Snowborn Wolf Pack
    Toons
    Grim Myth - Nord DK Tank
    Just Grim - Redguard Stam Sorc

• badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last time I quit a vet dungeon was because a cp300ish DD brought their CP10 DD friend with them into Banished cells, which is an easy dungeon, but OH MY GOD their DPS was pitiful. After the first boss the tank tried multiple times to kick the CP10 but the other DD kept voting no. So after the 25minutes it took to kill the clanfear boss we decided to leave.

I dont mind if lower levels come into a vet dungeon, but you better perform at the peak of your levels ability otherwise it just gets so boring and drags on and on. I was buffing with spell power cure, combat prayer and resource regen the entire time, there is no excuse to be putting down such little DPS, I have to assume they were in below 50 gear or non-set. By the end of the clanfear fight I was just using one finger to hit combat prayer over and over out of boredom. I am sure I could have sped up the fight by doing DPS with my healer, but then the tank and I might as well have run it as a duo. If the DDs want to drag down the group I refuse to pick up their slack.

The only thing worse than PVE, is PVE with low dps DDs.
    Edited by badmojo on April 23, 2018 3:03PM
    [DC/NA]
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Violynne wrote: »
    cal50 wrote: »
    I think the issue is that the non-vet dungeons give players a false sense of confidence, so they rush into vet only to find out the hard way perhaps they're not ready.
    I say its an pretty low difference between normal dlc and the easiest vet dungeons.
    But yes random vet can easy give you some shocks.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    a butthole.
  • hydrocynus
    hydrocynus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ".... not willing to help other people through the dungeon because you are incapable of finishing a dungeon without other people to help you. "

OP that means you my friend. You are the one that should not be using it.

Seriously. The people that moan about inexperienced people grouping with them are the same people that have to rely on others to carry them through this content.

If you want to group with good players then find a guild and play with them. But I bet you have already tried that op haven't you. I bet you tried it and it's probably filled with Elitist snobs that don't want to group with you isn't it?

I wonder who could be the problem here....
    Edited by hydrocynus on April 23, 2018 3:13PM
    My internet is invalid
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    hydrocynus wrote: »
    ".... not willing to help other people through the dungeon because they are incapable of finishing a dungeon without other people to help them. "

OP that means you my friend. You are the one that should not be using it.

Seriously. The people that moan about inexperienced people grouping with them are the same people that have to rely on others to carry them through this content.

If you want to group with good players then find a guild and play with them. But I bet you have already tried that op haven't you. I bet you tried it and it's probably filled with Elitist snobs that don't want to group with you isn't it?

I wonder who could be the problem here....

This is simply not true.

Sometimes I want to do a pledge to get undaunted points on an alt and the normal people who i would run vet dungeons with are not on. So instead i get a CP 55 dark elf nightblade spamming ambush as their main form of DPS.

The problem is people going into the queue and not adequately to perform their role as damage dealers. It's not about being able to clear the content or not, its how fast does that content get cleared.

That being said, the activity finder is a grab bag. If you are not happy with what you get out of it then there is only so much complaining we can do because we chose to go in there. However it sucks that people queue into content expecting a carry.
    Edited by Apache_Kid on April 23, 2018 3:15PM