Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

How many of you out there have 3-day early access instead of 5 ?

• Censorious
    Censorious
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just feel sorry for all those suckers who bought a copy where they can't log on until the 4th.

Oh, wait...

P.S. It doesn't worry you that it's April Fools' day tomorrow?
    Edited by Censorious on March 31, 2014 2:06PM
    'Clever' sigs get old real fast - just like this one.
  • Kendrahol17
    Kendrahol17
    Soul Shriven
    My husband and I got the standard game from best buy and gamestop...Gamestop one was free because my hubby had credit there... and at best buy he gets 20% off of games sooo we saved alot of money that way...worth the 2 day wait.. :)
  • MaGicBush
    MaGicBush
    ✭✭✭
    That doesn't make any sense I purchased the standard edition(cheapest) and still got 5 day early access, why is everyone saying they saved money?
  • Kaladryn
    Kaladryn
    ✭✭
    Zenimax could have made a lot of money by offering some kind of "upgrade" from the 3-day to the 5-day on their website.
  • cmiddlebrook
    cmiddlebrook
    Soul Shriven
    Yep! I also got the 3 day access but it allowed me to save about £20 (~$35) on the cost. Only about 17 hours to go now! Today has been dragging so slow lol!
  • Northman
    Northman
    ✭✭
    My friends im gonna play with are 3 day headstarters, so as a 5 days headstarter, all i'm doing now is collecting resources to ease their crafting, by having lots of wood and ore etc ready for them to get their crafting started and geared up for some nice adventuring.
  • Dragonetti
    Wouldn't have had the time off to play since Sunday anyway. I still have to go to work until 9pm tomorrow night knowing I could be playing :(
    “Never let your sense of morals stand in the way of doing what's right”
  • hrdndv_ESO
    hrdndv_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    LOL... I got 3-day EA because that was all that was available when I pre-ordered and paid... That was in 17 December 2012. Double LOL...

BTW the Devs are trying to make it possible to upgrade to 5-day by upgrading to the Imperial Edition... but I do not think they will get this option available before time runs out. It is only 17 hours til the 3-day EA starts.

I am going to upgrade to the Imperial Edition anyway, but GameStop couldn't do the upgrade until release on 4/4.
  • clairefunb16_ESO
    Yep, 3 day here, but I'm not getting *anything* done. I too bought it to save the money - thinking that maybe I can then spend that saving on the first months subscription - but ooooooh I'm so impatient. I have butterflies in my stomach! And tomorrow I can't start dead at noon as my mum is visiting me, and then I have to pick my son up from school at 3.15, so ... :(

Wednesday I might just leave him there.
  • AnitIam
    AnitIam
    I had the same issue. Log a consumer complaint with the Federal Trade Commission at https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0341-file-complaint-ftc

GameStop and ZOS did not make the terms clear and it needs investigation. So many of us have been ignored by both entities.
  • Inversus
    Inversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    12 hours 19 minutes until 3 day early access. :)
    VR14 EH Sorc
    VR1 AD NB Crafter
  • Thesiren
    Thesiren
    ✭✭✭
    It was worth the entire price of the Imperial Edition just to get the names I wanted. B) There's only one megaserver so I will never lose my names (or guild name) in a merger, nor will I ever get the chance to get them again on another server (at least not on PC, haha).

However, I can see where it could be worth it for some people to get the standard box. Some people might have had to work the last couple days anyway and would have missed the 5-day launch anyhow, and others might have odd names that would not be taken by the initial rush. And still others might be on the fence about whether they'll even like the game long-term, so this is the best way to test that.
    Edited by Thesiren on March 31, 2014 11:38PM
  • Rotherhans
    Rotherhans
    ✭✭✭
    The 20 Urons I saved mostly paid the 60 Days GTC.
    Trading 2 Days for 60, seemed like a good idea. :p
    “I'm not going out of my way looking for devils;
    but I wouldn't step out of my path to let one go by.”― Robert E. Howard
  • n7_deadpool
    I keep reading that people bought the 3 day one to save money, but for me they were the same price.
    I bought the standard edition from Game, which came with 3 day early access. If I'd bought the standard edition from Zeni, it would have been 5 days early access. I bought at Game cause I get loyalty points for shopping with them, but was there really a big price difference between 3 and 5 day access?
    Main character: TBC
    Secondary character: TBC
    Feel free to message, in-game or on here. I'm friendly, I swear :3
  • ReindeerEmu
    ReindeerEmu
    Soul Shriven
    I purchased the standard digi copy with 3 day access. My reason was I knew I would still be involved in the Wildstar beta and my "guilty pleasure" MHO. Plus as others have said, I knew there were gonna be some bugs at the start and I'm fine avoiding some of them.
  • Murra
    Murra
    ✭✭
    I ordered the Imperial from GameStop and my code never printed. When I contacted corporate they were "out" of 5 day passes. I'm pretty pissed with them over it.
    But I guess it might have been for the better. I needed to finish a paper for school anyways.
  • BulbousMeathead
    BulbousMeathead
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't had much experience with MMOs before, having mostly played the single-player TES games. Are we going to be able to "catch up" ? or are we going to see a whole lot of people already at level 50 by the time we get in ? :-)
    OTOH - Maybe in a couple of weeks we will have forgotten all about this, and the day we started won't matter.
  • Nephilli
    Nephilli
    Whats the point of 3 day access.... I have to wait half day to play it, but it says on 1 April... In my country is already 1 April. I hate this waiting for special time
  • plasmon
    plasmon
    I got the 3-day deal knowing there was a more expensive and earlier date available. Anyone dedicated enough to spend more than me is hopefully a more serious player that isn't all about ganking and such (if that really exists in this game i don't know). There is always going to be players with more time available to waste on playing a game and not at work.
  • Ayradyss
    Ayradyss
    ✭✭
    I keep reading that people bought the 3 day one to save money, but for me they were the same price.
    I bought the standard edition from Game, which came with 3 day early access. If I'd bought the standard edition from Zeni, it would have been 5 days early access. I bought at Game cause I get loyalty points for shopping with them, but was there really a big price difference between 3 and 5 day access?

To answer that, depending upon the timing, yes. A quick Google-search was enough to find me some limited-time sales that saved me some money on ESO. If you took the time to find them, and had a little luck (or patience) to order during the offer window, you could generally find a 20-25% discount on the price of the game.

The official ESO store hasn't been (to my knowledge) running any such discount offers, so that means purchasing from a different retailer -- which only gets you 3 days if you stick with the standard edition. So for the discount-savvy, opting for 3 days (and a discount) was indeed cheaper than buying from the ESO store for the 5 day start.
  • eric.kb14_ESO
    No there is no one level 50 yet without severely exploiting something. and if you plan on doing that I strongly question your reasoning for playing video games let alone enjoying anything in life
    Edited by eric.kb14_ESO on April 1, 2014 4:46AM
  • NikitaFirenze
    *raises hand* do you need the disc to play or can you use the one you downloaded from the site to play?
    "In all world's beauty you were my only love" -Personal Story Quote
  • audrieltheelf
    audrieltheelf
    ✭✭✭
    Kyosji wrote: »
    Bought 5 day because...
    http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/rVGAVJu5ptc/0.jpg

Any questions?

I wanted that but it was sold out. I don't play as an Imperial and that would have been the only reason for me to spend an extra $60 (in my case since I bought through best buy and had a $20 reward certificate) for the game. It was well worth paying less. I only have to wait a little longer.
    PC/NA/AD
    Alaudria - v16 Altmer Sorc
    Teleia Opisthia - v16 Imperial Templar (Tank)
    Fionna Dark-Heart - v16 Imperial DK (Tank)
    Katniss Never Seen - v16 Bosmer NB
    Stilettos and a Lava Whip - v16 Dunmer DK
    Kerasi Moro - v16 Breton Templar
    Kyria Lathraia - v16 Imperial NB
  • haley610
    haley610
    Soul Shriven
    I knew it when i bought it that it was 3 not 5,was much cheaper
  • natedawg84
    Moobs wrote: »
    Knew I was buying 3 day as it was clearly stated. Worth it to save around $40.

One week from now to the time we stop playing the game you and I will be just as content playing the game as those who started 48 hours before us we will just be 40 buck richer. Hell I may just get a tank of gas out of that
  • BulbousMeathead
    BulbousMeathead
    ✭✭✭
    natedawg84 wrote: »

One week from now to the time we stop playing the game you and I will be just as content playing the game as those who started 48 hours before us we will just be 40 buck richer. Hell I may just get a tank of gas out of that

You can fill your tank for $40 ? what are you driving ? :smiley:
  • lauribleu_ESO
    lauribleu_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I got the Imperial edition not for early access but for the horse.The mounts in ESO are really, really expensive and I will save a lot of in game money by being able to supply each of my characters with a 1-gold horse. As far as "catching up" goes, don't worry about it. So what if the hardcore PvPers get to end game first. End game will always be going on with "new" campaigns and new Emperors. You won't miss out.
  • sargethepoet
    sargethepoet
    ✭✭
    I bought the Imperial edition online through GameStop, They did not send the 5 day early access code via e-mail as they were supposed to. I had to take a 5 mile bike ride down to the local store to get a three day code through their support office. I tried to get their support folks through the tracking link in their order confirmation e-mail but it ended with a server error code. It took the store manager several phone calls to get the three day code. Got through to almost end of character creation and the server went down.

I got a very bad feeling this is going to be a rocky launch.

62 Years old retired no car Bike is my exercise and primary transport with a cargo load limit of 120 lbs. So the trip was not wasted as I hit 8 sites to pay bills shop and get other things which needed doing done.