Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

How many of you out there have 3-day early access instead of 5 ?

BulbousMeathead
BulbousMeathead
✭✭✭
So, I bought the "wrong" version of the game (Standard edition via retailer) and ended up with 3-day instead of 5-day early access. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who was caught out.
How many of you can't wait for Tuesday ?
I wonder how many 5-day players will be veterans by the time us 3-dayers get in :-)

Best Answers

• Inversus
    Inversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I knew I was buying 3day when I bought it.
    Didn't realise how depressed I would be...
    VR14 EH Sorc
    VR1 AD NB Crafter
    Answer ✓
  • Moobs
    Moobs
    ✭✭✭
    Knew I was buying 3 day as it was clearly stated. Worth it to save around $40.
    Answer ✓
  • Foginho
    Foginho
    Moobs wrote: »
    Knew I was buying 3 day as it was clearly stated. Worth it to save around $40.
    True. Same here, only one more day now ^^

“Sweet mother, sweet mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptised in blood and fear.”
    Answer ✓
  • jmido8
    jmido8
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't had much experience with MMOs before, having mostly played the single-player TES games. Are we going to be able to "catch up" ? or are we going to see a whole lot of people already at level 50 by the time we get in ? :-)
    OTOH - Maybe in a couple of weeks we will have forgotten all about this, and the day we started won't matter.

The hardcore mmo'ers are already level 20-30 and there are already guilds of exploiters at level 50. The normal/casual gamers are between level 6-15. No one knows much about end game and how much of an advantage those who arrived first will have. We'll probably figure that out once the average player starts reaching 50 and can be compared to those who have been there for weeks.
    Answer ✓
  • natedawg84
    You can fill your tank for $40 ? what are you driving ? :smiley:

16 gallon 4 banger haha Wyoming has cheap gas prices compared to other places
    Answer ✓
  • SluggyJ
    SluggyJ
    I pre-order the Imperial edition and got a 3 day early access code from my retailer, they then gave me another code which i cant load as it says "You all ready own this product" I have informed the retailer of the issue, I wonder if they gave me another 3 day or it is a 5 day but I cant load it cause I already have early access loaded
    For the Queen
  • Code65
    Code65
    I bought the 3day knowingly to save a bit of cash but didn't realize that once it was available how much I would want to play ^.^
  • Xasu
    Xasu
    3 day early access because of better fitting price for me 29,90 € :D
  • Caldir
    Caldir
    3 days here to, just bought the cheapest box, kind of regret that now... ;)
  • dipcakes
    dipcakes
    3 days. because spending 25€ more for 2 days earlier headstart? insane
  • Censorious
    Censorious
    ✭✭✭✭
    3 day because : -

a) It's a lot cheaper
    b) There will be a host of unfixed bugs at launch
    c) It's a lot cheaper
    d) There will be a free-for-all in the starter zones over loot.
    e) It's a lot cheaper
    f) I've been caught by 'premium' editions of stuff before
    g) Did I mention? - It's a lot cheaper.
    'Clever' sigs get old real fast - just like this one.
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I only needed the 3 day early access, $30 cheaper here in Aus :neutral_face:
  • Amalia
    Amalia
    I did'nt know about the 3day version...
    2 days earlier for 25 € more?? hurts in hindsight :(
  • n7_deadpool
    It was worth it to save money, and since I bought from Game it meant I got loyalty points. But now I really want to play and still have to wait :(
    Main character: TBC
    Secondary character: TBC
    Feel free to message, in-game or on here. I'm friendly, I swear :3
  • Sarajlija
    Sarajlija
    Im playing right now :smiley:
  • n7_deadpool
    Jelly of you Sarajlija (man your name is hard to spell), but soon we shall join all the 5 day people!
    Main character: TBC
    Secondary character: TBC
    Feel free to message, in-game or on here. I'm friendly, I swear :3
  • Sarajlija
    Sarajlija
    Jelly of you Sarajlija (man your name is hard to spell), but soon we shall join all the 5 day people!

Hold on one more day :wink:
  • Beryl
    Beryl
    ✭✭✭
    I bought the retail standard edition with the 3day early access. I knew it will be 3 days and the guy in the shop reminded me about it pointing at the red message on the box. I figured that for me personally the extra two days mean nothing, but I do want to have some sort of a box with ESO name on my shelf as a memory. I would even wait till one week after the official start if there were no "any race in any alliance" bonus which is exclusive for any preorder.
  • Walthari
    Walthari
    Für einen Schwaben war es logisch die günstigere Version zu kaufen, was sind schon 2 Tage im Vergleich mit der Ewigkeit.
    Beeing a member of the german tribe "the Swabians" it was logical buying the cheaper version. 2 days are nothing facing eternity. ;)
  • евгений
    плевать я хотел на 30 баксов !!! купил на 5 дней!
  • Ariane
    Ariane
    ✭✭✭
    I got 3 days because it was a gift and one of my guildmates reserved the name I wanted. I've got awesome friends, I can't wait to play with them :)
    "I am not an Argonian. I am a crocodile"
  • Yakiros
    Yakiros
    ✭✭✭
    I have the three days, too. I did not need the Imperial Edition and so I've saved me the additional cost.
    And I have to write an essay until tomorrow, so it's perfect for me that I couldn't start earlier! o:)
    Hmm... I think, it's better to continue writing it now...... ^^
    Die Klingen von Akatosh
    [mehr über uns]
    PvE-Gilde, Ebenherz-Pakt, EU
  • joshweps
    joshweps
    ✭✭✭
    Inversus wrote: »
    I knew I was buying 3day when I bought it.
    Didn't realise how depressed I would be...

Hahaha exactly me :(

• MarkaN_LNL
    Sarajlija wrote: »

Hold on one more day :wink:

It´s not difficult to spell if you´re from Eastern Europe :smile:

Since the game is already very expensive overall you really don´t need to be disappointed if you´re missing 2 days and save 20-40 bucks. To spend so much for just two days of difference is insane.

I have 3 days early access and even that is better than I have hoped for.
  • Fixa
    Fixa
    Got the 5-day early access imperial edition, but the retailer (Elgiganten) messed up and didn't send out the code until today, so it became a 4-day :\
  • Garkbit
    Garkbit
    ✭✭
    I didn't think I was getting early access but got 3-day code last week .... sweet.
    Just hope my monkey is waiting for me when I get there :D
    These are not the sweet rolls you're looking for - Now move along before I put an arrow in your knee.
  • A1istair
    A1istair
    I really would have loved if they let us enter in at 12:00 AM instead of 7:00 AM (EST).. This now means that I will hardly get any sleep for tomorrow morning!
    •Alistair Theirin of Primal Instinct
    •Loyal to the Daggerfall Covenant
    •Templar
  • Kyosji
    Kyosji
    ✭✭✭
    Bought 5 day because...
    http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/rVGAVJu5ptc/0.jpg

Any questions?
  • Marviah
    Marviah
    I thought I had 5 days but apparently I was wrong. Doesn't really matter though, been keeping myself occupied and MMORPGs at launch are usually really crowded, I like it more when it's died down a bit. :3
  • Sylwa
    Sylwa
    I ordered the physical copy of imperial edition from gamestop. Was supposed to receive 5 day early access but didn't. Rage called on Saturday and got 3 day access with the lame excuse that "the manufacturer didn't provide us with enough 5 day access codes". My friend who pre ordered the same thing one day after me got his code a month ago.
    So as I was watching my husband to play yesterday I lost it and just bought a digital copy so I could play. I am still keeping the physical copy when it comes because I want the statue and the book. Might force the game on my sister or something.
    Edited by Sylwa on March 31, 2014 1:49PM
    ~Artesa~
    ~Petruska~
    ~Petra tou Romiou~
    ~Addictive~
  • Cowgomoo
    Cowgomoo
    SluggyJ wrote: »
    I pre-order the Imperial edition and got a 3 day early access code from my retailer, they then gave me another code which i cant load as it says "You all ready own this product" I have informed the retailer of the issue, I wonder if they gave me another 3 day or it is a 5 day but I cant load it cause I already have early access loaded

I had a very similar situation. Put in a ticket to have them call you. They can remove the old game code and apply yours right then. This will at least get you in a little earlier.
  • GholarDraki
    I purchased a standard digital retail copy with 3 day access. This was for three main reasons:
    • It was £23.69 as opposed to the (extortionate) £49.99 on the Official TESO website.
    • I anticipated problems on the first day of pre-launch, which could negate at least 1-2 days of the early access to start with.
    • The savings made by purchasing from an alternative online retailer could then be put to use on the next 1-2 month of subscription fees.

Overall I was quite happy to wait 2 extra days for early access. The only thing I would've liked was being able to reserve specific names but there's always someone faster anyway so it wouldn't be worth the gamble.