The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

How about stopping the ability to kick people at the end of dungeons....

• D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maybe have it set up so if a player has an active quest in the dungeon they're in, they wont be removed until AFTER they turn in the quest.
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The dungeon quests are some of the worst i have seen. Blitzers dont want to wait for the quester and they cant speed it up missing out on an unusually valuable quest.

The solution is to simplify the quests, remove the voice acting and theatrics and only force people to go back to where they came from once they exit the dungeon with no timer on how long you can be in there.

This might seem like a big request but its literally the standard for pretty much every mmo that has a dungeon.

All the things that dont work well in other MMOS, ZOS chooses to copy... All the things that do work well, they decide they want to reinvent the way its done and make it dysfunctional. I dont get it.
  • Abysswarrior45
    Abysswarrior45
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mureel wrote: »
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »
    Solution: get a guild, get some online friends to play with, or solo the normal/vet versions depending on how capable you are at PvE and do the quest. Smh.

Not really applicable here. If group disbands because 3 other people left, the person left behind shouldn't be booted by server while finishing quest.

People should be able to leisurely listen to end dialogue on their own time.

Exactly, on their own time. It is definitely applicable here. Get a guild and some friends its really not that hard I hope.
    Inupis wrote: »
    If that is the only solution "to get a guild" then you are telling the player to fix the problem created by the game. Getting a guild should enhance the game experience not fix problems that could simply be fixed by the game mechanics.

So let it do both. It will fix the problem and if he/she finds a guild thats enjoyable with good people then it should enhance the experience too. The point is, if you're trying to quest with others who just want to get a completion or aim for a speed run among other achievements then you're a burden. Quest by yourself, be it on vet or normal versions, and don't feel like 3 other people should wait on you. Some players work their buts off irl and don't have the time to sit and wait on others to quest.

Oh stop. Gaming is a leisure activity, so if you don't have time to give someone 1-2 mins for a quest why don't YOU find a guild who likes to blow by everything like they're on meth?

So they cannot finish quest via finder but you expect to finish speed runs via finder? How is one more legit than the other?

Not even relevant anyway given that the speed mode is done when boss dies. End of quest after boss dies takes 1-2 mins.

So basically you'd have already got what you came for, even though your arguments are invalid in the first place.

Also 'butts.'

Oh no! I made a few typos since I'm multi-tasking. Silly me. One isn't more legit than the other and my point is if you don't get a group of friends to complete content with and play with randoms instead, don't expect anything from your group. They don't have to wait, they don't have to be competent at their selected roles, etc.
    Edited by Abysswarrior45 on April 6, 2018 2:49AM
  • Aesthier
    Aesthier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe the correct thing to ask for here is that the automated kick feature from group dungeons be extended out 3 or 5 minutes so that if someone is working a quest they can stick around to do that "without" forcing the rest of the group to stay.

Requested Feature:
    Auto kick timer extension for group dungeons.

Upon completion of the final boss, the "non-grouped auto kick from dungeon" timer (that function that removes solo players from a dungeon once the group splits up) is extended by 3-5 minutes (or long enough to view any related quest scenes that one is required to watch before the quest can be turned in.)

This allows players who require quest completion to stay in the dungeon long enough to turn in the quest.
    This also allows all other party members who may have completed the quest to drop group and move onto their next objective.

^Would that suffice?
    Edited by Aesthier on April 14, 2018 12:07AM
  • Itacira
    Itacira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a relatively new player (about 3 weeks) that didn't start playing in dungeons until really late, I still find myself in dungeons whose quests I haven't done. Well, now I've taken to REFUSING the quests from NPC so that one day I can finally go there with a team that isn't in that much of a hurry so that I can READ the dialogues and follow the story without feeling pressured to hurry it up to catch up with the group that went ahead without me.

I'd love an option to group people who have done a quest/haven't done it together.
    PC/EU - PVE 2H stam orc petsorc (meta, what meta?) ww - terrible dps - mediocre player - fun times - free ww bites to whomever asks so don't be shy if interested
  • Sevn
    Sevn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is sorely needed. The whole join a guild suggestion is just nonsense. I'm in 5 guilds, doesn't mean there are members on at my playing hours or if there are members on they're interested in running dailies. Just stop.

Best solution is the simplest one, extend the timer by 5 minutes. It doesn't affect the speed ballers in any way and they can leave as quickly as they'd like without players who are interested in the quest or just getting the damn skill point being a burden to their time.

I don't have lag on my end so I'd rather they focus on this than lag that someone else has or balance that also doesn't affect me. We all can be bias.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man, true nobility is being superior to your former self
    -Hemingway
  • VyersReaver
    VyersReaver
    ✭✭
    Solution: get a guild, get some online friends to play with, or solo the normal/vet versions depending on how capable you are at PvE and do the quest. Smh.
    No, that's not a solution. Solution is to let player hang out around the dungeon alone after everyone leaves. How much could you exploit for that auto-kick to even be there?
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Really wish they re-tooled the classic dungeons quests to be more in line with the DLC. No talking to NPCs. No waiting on NPC's. Just have at the end them instantly spawn for the turn in.